Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

74 children executed by ISIS for 'crimes'

docyabut2

Well then what do you propose we do to change the why? I can't convince another man not to hate me. I can't force you to co-exist with me on this planet. I'm sure you'd like us to win hearts and minds, mend some fences??? Are you serious? Do you really believe we could somehow convince these people to just stop hating us? I find that incomprehensible, so go ahead and spell it out for me. How exactly do you propose to put an end to terrorism, without military intervention? How????

Maybe you'd like to volunteer to bridge the cultural gap? Perhaps if we just understood each other a little better......we could all hug it out around the fire, and sing songs. Perhaps you should start blogging about it or sending money to C.A.I.R. Really people.....you can not think your way around this issue as much as you'd like that to be the case. There will be no reconciliation. Like it or not the hatred and fanaticism is reality, and soon coming to a street corner, subway station, or shopping mall near YOU! Fanatical Islamists would have your head on a pike in a heartbeat. If you are to naive or ignorant to comprehend the depth of hatred, then I hope you all go first. It's this insolent, head in the sand ignorance, that existed pre 911, and is back with a vengeance, with some over the top political correctness covering the ass end.

Some of you people are just downright stupid, and I truly hope you and yours are affected first. And the BS and hypocrisy is out of control in here. All that Kumbaya crap is going out the window if you are faced with life and death at the hands of the terrorism. Who gives a crap, why it's happening..................................IT's Happening......................and you, you and you are a target. Can you not comprehend?????

I was going to respond more fully, but then read your last paragraph. A real charmer, aren't you?

Like I said, some people just believe this problem can be solved using the same level of stupidity that caused it.

As john Vernon (I think) said in "The Outlaw Josey Wales":

"Don't p*** down my back then tell me it's raining!"

• Like 2

It has always been this way with a portion of society though, hasn't it? Even in the face of horrific acts they want to attempt to understand an enemy. When this enemy becomes willing to ask for negotiations for peace then absolutely we should discuss their grievances but until then they should be dispatched to their demonic god as quickly and effectively as possible. This isn't some game where only "others" are fighting and dying. It WILL come home to us and it won't be long now, I suspect. I also believe there is a nuclear event in our future. Either Israel being forced to respond to a mass casualty attack or the US dealing with the aftermath of a decimated major city.

So the solution would be to bomb them until they're all gone? Surely you must realise that that's simply not possible. I said before we probably ought to be taking firmer action than we are against this particular lot, but what you don't seem to understand, or don't want to understand, is the importance of trying to understand what causes it, why these things happen, why these groups are able to get so strong and get a fair degree of support. Surely it's better to prevent it happening in the first place, than to keep bomb, bomb, bombing (or even worse, put Boots on the Ground so we get dragged into other people's civil conflicts yet again), when it occurs yet again because we believe that the way to deal with these is to just to kill them all. Edited by Norbert the Incredible
  • Like 1

Agreed. But when your house repeatedly burns down, only the fool doesn't ask 'why'.

well, exactly. i just don't think they want to understand that. It's almost as if they don't want to consider the causes of these things and terrorism in general, they just seem to believe that "They hate Us", which means that They can be killed as much as we like. really there doesn't seem to be much significant difference in outlook between Isis and these people; they seem to have an utterly nihilistic view that everyone who hates Us (which is virtually everyone) must be killed because they hate Us. Don't bother to pause to wonder if perhaps one reason they might hate Us is because We keep killing them (and in infinitely greater numbers than They have ever killed Us), the fact that they want to kill Us, regardless of why this might be, is proof of their pure Evil, and so proof that They should be killed. And also don't bother to stop to think that the more that We kill indiscriminately will simply recruit more and more people to their cause. It really is a self-perpetuating cycle. Edited by Norbert the Incredible
  • Like 3

It sucks but they have no oil or anything worth something to the governments of this world. That post about 40 something percent believe in isis is 100 percent garbage

Edit for spelling

Edited by Withoutnight

well, exactly. i just don't think they want to understand that. It's almost as if they don't want to consider the causes of these things and terrorism in general, they just seem to believe that "They hate Us", which means that They can be killed as much as we like. really there doesn't seem to be much significant difference in outlook between Isis and these people; they seem to have an utterly nihilistic view that everyone who hates Us (which is virtually everyone) must be killed because they hate Us. Don't bother to pause to wonder if perhaps one reason they might hate Us is because We keep killing them (and in infinitely greater numbers than They have ever killed Us), the fact that they want to kill Us, regardless of why this might be, is proof of their pure Evil, and so proof that They should be killed. And also don't bother to stop to think that the more that We kill indiscriminately will simply recruit more and more people to their cause. It really is a self-perpetuating cycle.

How very well said, sir.

ISIS is operating in Arab territory.

Their behavior is obviously acceptable to the Arab League because, despite condemning them verbally, they have done NOTHING militarily against ISIS, despite having sophisticated F16 and even F15 attack planes, tanks, artillary, and lots of troops. Egypt has attacked ISIS when its own territory is threatened, and its troops attacked in the Sinai, but thats about it.

Leave them to it. It is their people, their territory, and their children that are being murdered.. Why should we get all emotional about it, when THEY don't care.

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 2

It sucks but they have no oil or anything worth something to the governments of this world. That post about 40 something percent believe in isis is 100 percent garbage

Edit for spelling

Pull your head out of the sand.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/taslima/2013/08/03/unfortunately-a-large-number-of-muslims-support-terrorism911womens-oppressionsharia-lawshonor-killings/

How very well said, sir.

Ridiculous Pipe Dream, from a hater of America--- Full of whimsical hopefulness that somehow we can stop people from wanting to destroy our way of life.

Idiotic..... Unrealistic .......Garbage

None of you have any solutions at all! You have zero suggestions. You just sit around and gripe about what meany America does to poor riddle countries. You hate America, you hate strength, you hate everything we stand for, and it's all our fault.

We should all hold hands and sing "Meany America is Bad.... Please Don't Kill Our Children and Cut off our Heads, We Love You"--------STUPID!

Edited by VictorVictor

I must say, your arguments are getting more and more persuasive with every reply. Particularly so the way you don't actually listen to what anyone actually says, and instead revert automatically to the default "Why do you hate America?????!" :cry: " setting. I think that's the clincher, if only more people knew how to argue so effectively there'd be no dissenting voices before you know it.

• Like 2

"You hate strength" is a good one. Because as we know Strength = Joy.

I must say, your arguments are getting more and more persuasive with every reply. Particularly so the way you don't actually listen to what anyone actually says, and instead revert automatically to the default "Why do you hate America?????!" :cry: " setting. I think that's the clincher, if only more people knew how to argue so effectively there'd be no dissenting voices before you know it.

Thanks, I can see that's the case. I read every word of every comment, and every one of your comments blames us, and is full of instruction on self examination, and delving into what actions we took to cause this. I reject that completely. So maybe we need to agree to disagree. I don't like your posting style either, and feel you don't put forth sound logic in your arguments, just a bunch of fluff. But hey we could go on all day like that.

I ask again, what are your solutions or strategy to combating terrorism? Please no fluff, or should have, would have, could have...

I wouldn't worry too much about it, opinions like mine aren't tolerated around here long. I'm sure these posts will soon disappear, and I will be ushered along. Tolerance only extends in one direction around here. Tick, Tick, Tick, diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing....LIBERAL INTOLERANCE!

Edited by VictorVictor
  • Like 1

You've certainly increased the comedy element of this site in your brief stay here so far, that's for sure.

• Like 1

The chances of an american being killed by a lightening strike is four times greater than in a terrorist attack.

Comparatively, you are just as likely to be killed by your television or furniture.

Is it not because soldiers are killing those who want to kill Americans on American soil? USA isn't intrinsically safe there might be lot of security efforts going on behind to stop the attacks.

Ridiculous Pipe Dream, from a hater of America--- Full of whimsical hopefulness that somehow we can stop people from wanting to destroy our way of life.

Idiotic..... Unrealistic .......Garbage

None of you have any solutions at all! You have zero suggestions. You just sit around and gripe about what meany America does to poor riddle countries. You hate America, you hate strength, you hate everything we stand for, and it's all our fault.

We should all hold hands and sing "Meany America is Bad.... Please Don't Kill Our Children and Cut off our Heads, We Love You"--------STUPID!

When people criticize "the West" don't be so presumptious that they're speaking exclusively about the United States. Most who post here live in a "western country" and we should feel free to criticize our own governments actions without someone claiming "America bashing", for God's sake.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 4

When people criticize "the West" don't be so presumptious that they're speaking exclusively about the United States. Most who post here live in a "western country" and we should feel free to criticize our own governments actions without someone claiming "America bashing", for God's sake.

True enough, LG, but you know full well that there are a few here who REGULARLY complain specifically about the US. It's obvious they think that American power is the real ill of the world and that if we were silenced in some way the world would be much better off. It's a childish assumption, petty and malicious.
  • Like 1

True enough, LG, but you know full well that there are a few here who REGULARLY complain specifically about the US. It's obvious they think that American power is the real ill of the world and that if we were silenced in some way the world would be much better off. It's a childish assumption, petty and malicious.

And it's incredibly naive and the worst form of "patriotism" to turn a blind eye to what certain elements in power do in the name of their people. A true patriot will not hesitate to criticise when they believe that their government is harming their country. Refusing to believe that their government could be capable of doing such a thing is not patriotism.
  • Like 2

The chances of an american being killed by a lightening strike is four times greater than in a terrorist attack.

Comparatively, you are just as likely to be killed by your television or furniture.

Each year in the USA there are an average of 73 people killed and 300 people injured by lightning.

LINK

How is that acceptable??????

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1