Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery ‘beast’ seen roaming Plymouth suburbs

Still Waters

A mystery animal has been spotted prowling in the garden of a house on the outskirts of Plymouth.

Office worker Carole Desforges saw the animal from her living room and managed to get a few snaps of it through the window before it ran off.

Carole, 59, first thought it was just a fox - but having reviewed her pictures she is now not so sure.

http://www.telegraph...th-suburbs.html

Huh. Well, at least they got a photo. Definitely a big predatory cat(like they said)

I don't know enough about big cat's to venture a guess.

But yeah, the authorities hopefully can capture/kill this wild animal before some child or whatever get's hurt real bad.

"I was in the living room and saw something blurry outside through the living room door," said Desforges. "I grabbed my phone and took a picture."

Well, she certainly managed to capture the blurriness accurately.

Edited by MisterMan
  • Like 1

"I was in the living room and saw something blurry outside through the living room door," said Desforges. "I grabbed my phone and took a picture."

Yeah, but consider that:

1) it was likely a fast shoot, meaning unsteady hands.

2) poor quality camera on her phone (not unusual of course)

3) the animal was moving, and she wanted to snap the picture quick. I guess I already inferred that in 1) Sorry

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 3

Have you ever seen a big predator cat dart around? They move like greased lightning. The fact that she got a shot at all, at this good of a quality, is astounding.

• Like 3

i remember reading an article here between march and june about a creature like this. it was in england too but i dont really know the geography of that country so maybe they are too far away

It could be a paranormal puma which can vanish into thin air with the help of its alien masters. Much like how bigfoot (which has an association with UFOs) easily evades detection and capture.

Looks like a young puma.

Dunno if they have pumas in the UK

but maybe someones pet that got loose.

Looks like a very distorted image of a wildcat which have longer legs than the typical house cat.

Interesting, considering we have the very same problem here in the United States in places we are TOLD there should be NO large cats. I guess this photo spits is the eye of academics practicing bad Arm-chair Science.

As Dr. Ian Malcolm said, “Nature will find a way.”

Edited by Saitung

Not much to give Scale here. I've seen these before where it was just a house cat. If the lady was zoomed in quite a bit, then the size of the animal compared to the fence would appear weird.

Try using that small bit of vegetation near its head as scale. It's many small weeds grouped up like a bush. It appears to be about a foot tall in its highest point and about two feet long.

It could be a paranormal puma which can vanish into thin air with the help of its alien masters. Much like how bigfoot (which has an association with UFOs) easily evades detection and capture.

You should use some sort of smilie or a /sarcasm or /joking label just in case someone comes in here and thinks you're serious.

• Like 1

: )

Edited by Paranomaly

does this woman own a lurcher? it looks like a lurcher to me

Try using that small bit of vegetation near its head as scale. It's many small weeds grouped up like a bush. It appears to be about a foot tall in its highest point and about two feet long.

I don't think we can say how big a bunch of weeds are unless the lady goes out and puts a ruler next to those weeds.

Also this appears to me that she may have taken this picture on maximum zoom, so that the perspective between the cat, fence and stuff in the foreground is messed up. (Flattened) Making the cat appear larger then perspective would normally lead someone to believe.

assuming the perspective is messed up from maximumized zoom, and assuming that the plank fence that outlines the cat is normal in scale, with about 18 inches between the planks, or maybe two feet between them. That would lead to the cat being about 3 to 3.5 feet long, from tip of head to tip of tail. A big housecat to be sure, but just a housecat.

Edited by DieChecker

Just like Romford I am sure there are a few beasts in Plymouth...

Huh. Well, at least they got a photo. Definitely a big predatory cat(like they said)

I don't know enough about big cat's to venture a guess.

But yeah, the authorities hopefully can capture/kill this wild animal before some child or whatever get's hurt real bad.

It's not normal for bobcats or cougars to attack people. I would be more worried about small dogs, cats, and livestock. Animal that has only been filmed once probably already avoids humans.