Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Five nights at Freddy's BIte of 87 ? real?

LostSouls7

So this all started when a friend showed me a video game called Five Nights at Freddys. Well from there I learned that the game was based a on a pizza place similar to Chuckie Cheese. They had Animatronics that danced for the children etc. Well there is a story about the bite of 87. Where an animatronic bit a kid at the pizza place.

Has anyone else heard about this? Does anyone know where that pizza place is now? Or if it still exists? I want to get to the bottom of this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The game isn't based on anything real the "bite of '87" is a story within the game.

Even knowing your beliefs, this one's ridiculous LS, it's a video game

• Like 3

You can't release a horror based movie or game these days without an urban legend springing up about it being based on a true story...

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 2

Same with the other posters. Its a horror video game and nothing more.

Edited by Princess Serenity

Guest Nathan DiYorio

While "The Bite of 87" isn't real, portions of the game were inspired by an actual murder of four employees at a Chuck E. Cheese in 1993.

it is not real.

chuck e cheese is legitimately terrifying, though.

What is even more terrifying is finding out they only serve alcohol at some locations. They must fear how great I am at ski ball after about 5 beers

• Like 2

Alcohol would be scary as some parents already don't watch their kids and act worse than them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Nathan DiYorio

To be honest, alcohol has no place in a Chuck E. Cheese... the place is meant for kids, not inebriated parents.

• 3 years later...

Fazbear pizzaria is real. It is located in Pennsylvania. I have a strong feeling that the bite of 87 is true.

• Thanks 1

don't try to mess with my head!!!
I know there was a haunted Chuck E Cheese. Just like they're used to be a haunted Toys R US!

I know the bite of 87 is real. And I know it was a demon possesed animatronic at chuck E cheese!

On 7/20/2018 at 2:59 PM, Unknown 303 said:

Fazbear pizzaria is real. It is located in Pennsylvania. I have a strong feeling that the bite of 87 is true.

I know it's true!
these people are trying to hide the truth from me..

and It's upsetting me

• Confused 1

They're gonna get rid of those creepy animatronics because kids just don't watch them anymore.

No one could get 'bitten' by one, but there have been some freaky malfunctions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/11/2015 at 2:25 AM, Nathan DiYorio said:

While "The Bite of 87" isn't real, portions of the game were inspired by an actual murder of four employees at a Chuck E. Cheese in 1993.

That was horrific.

How horrible for the families, and then to make a video game out of it. 

man, 2015? this topic is the real haunted animatronic zombie

also nope, still just a game, still not a thing that is actual

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

wow people got murdered

At Chuck E Cheese ? Wow that is even worse than the bite of 87?

where can I find a new article about that murder ?

Interesting and odd UL I didn’t know of... I’ve seen the merchandise in stores and vaguely knew there was a game or comic or something. Good necropost, lol.

Ive only poked around the google a bit so far, but some fun and interesting tidbits, theories, and lore shifts and jumps are in abundance. The bite of 87 is game only, and only mentioned once in the game- it is not real life stuff. Yes, there was a killing of 4 in 93 at a CeC- there’s a mixed bag of theories how it relates to the game. 

I’ll poke around some more and see what turns up.

• Thanks 1

Wow so the bite of 87 is only in the game?
well the murders is even more scary and tragic, especially if its

related to the game. I'll try to see what I can find online to. This just got a lot more interesting

• 9 months later...
On 7/4/2015 at 1:27 PM, LostSouls7 said:

So this all started when a friend showed me a video game called Five Nights at Freddys. Well from there I learned that the game was based a on a pizza place similar to Chuckie Cheese. They had Animatronics that danced for the children etc. Well there is a story about the bite of 87. Where an animatronic bit a kid at the pizza place.

Has anyone else heard about this? Does anyone know where that pizza place is now? Or if it still exists? I want to get to the bottom of this.

This is an internet story, not real.  My grandson found the videos and songs a couple of years ago when he was 6.  It is pretty dark stuff and my daughter forbid him to watch it or play the songs.  Luckily he found other stuff to watch, he now watches drawing videos and draws some cool stuff, he also make puppets and is learning ventriloquism from youtube videos.

They don't give the robots at the children's place sharp teeth and jaws, duh. 

Kids are more likely to lose a finger in an elbow joint on one of them than from the mouth. I suppose if a kid was stupid enough to put their hand into it's mouth they could get pinched by the jaw joints.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 5:34 AM, moonman said:

They don't give the robots at the children's place sharp teeth and jaws.

Well I am not taking any kids to Chuck E Cheese until they correct this obvious mistake.

Five Nights at Freddy's is just a game. There is nothing real about it. That's why it is a called "fantasy".

Whether or not it draws vague inspiration from any sort of real event is irrelevant and to whine about it is pointless.

Just because it is on the net, paper or tv doesn't mean it is real or true. Please..learn the difference between what is real and what is pretend.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

No.  Just no. 

Yes, there was an employee at a Chuck E Cheese or Showbiz or whatever it was that shot and killed a few coworkers.  No, he did not wear a suit and was not an animatronic.  If you can't tell the difference between make believe and reality, this type of game/movie/literature is not for you. 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2015 at 4:27 AM, LostSouls7 said:

The real restaurant has nothing to do with the Five Nights at Freddy horror game. Everything that was suppose to have happened did happen in the game, but not in real life thus the Uban Legend was born. Needless to say this caused the real restaurant many problems. 

See the link below:

https://www.technobuffalo.com/five-nights-at-freddys-pizza-place-nightmare