Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Horizons Spacecraft Suffers Anomaly

Waspie_Dwarf

When I saw this, it made me spit my gum out. I had a flashback remembering that someone had predicted that NASA would find a way to conceal some of the information collected on this mission. LOL, the plot thickens.

Who predicted that and what do they say about the craft being back at 100%?

Absolutely. Sun light on Pluto is 250 times brighter than a full moon on Earth.

WOW! And thank you!!

Photons are amazing!! I really expected them to have scattered a great deal by that distance, I never expected such a brilliant show, I am continually amazed at the day/night cycles on other planets. Working in light design often I am always expecting fade out, but have come to realise the sun is a source beyond my limited comprehension.

The vid you posted on the chaotic rotation of Nix a few weeks ago was nothing short of fascinating. I actually went home and insisted everyone look at it, nobody was disappointed!

Cheers.

Wow.... I have been waiting for this for 9 years!! Bummer if it failed at the gate.

Good to see ya Hazz, how's life mate?

WOW! And thank you!!

Photons are amazing!! I really expected them to have scattered a great deal by that distance, I never expected such a brilliant show, I am continually amazed at the day/night cycles on other planets. Working in light design often I am always expecting fade out, but have come to realise the sun is a source beyond my limited comprehension.

The vid you posted on the chaotic rotation of Nix a few weeks ago was nothing short of fascinating. I actually went home and insisted everyone look at it, nobody was disappointed!

Cheers.

Astronomy= love for me, and link or reference for that video?

• Like 1

But why isn't he a Good Astronomer. I'd be more likely to trust his explanation then.

But why isn't he a Good Astronomer. I'd be more likely to trust his explanation then.

The site is Bad Astronomy and Phil Plait, its owner, is actually a very good astronomer. His mission in life is to debunk all the garbage that is posted by charlatans and frauds and teach astronomy to the layman, something he is very god at. He doesn't maintain the site any longer since he has moved on to making documentaries, touring the country to spread teh truth and doing astronomy.

• Like 2

Astronomy= love for me, and link or reference for that video?

Me too, only problem I find with Astronomy is finding enough time to enjoy it properly.

LINK

Edited by psyche101

The site is Bad Astronomy and Phil Plait, its owner, is actually a very good astronomer. His mission in life is to debunk all the garbage that is posted by charlatans and frauds and teach astronomy to the layman, something he is very god at. He doesn't maintain the site any longer since he has moved on to making documentaries, touring the country to spread teh truth and doing astronomy.

On the YouTube channel Crash Course, he has a good basic introduction to astronomy in a series of short videos on various subjects in astronomy. There's 10 videos at the moment but he adds to it regularly. It's quite simple and basic but I can think of more than a couple of people here at UM who could do with a very basic introduction to various aspects of astronomy considering the "theories" they advocate.

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 1