Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World Chocolate Day: 10 weird chocolate facts

Still Waters

Did you know that a chocolate river once existed?

Well it did, back in 1971. The famous chocolate river Augustus Gloop almost drowned in in the original Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory film was made 15,000 gallons of water mixed with chocolate and cream.

With all the cream, the river spoiled fairly quickly and the cast revealed it left a terrible smell.

http://www.telegraph...late-facts.html

• Like 7

death by chocolate, not so bad

• Like 4

Did someone say chocolate?

A lot of those facts, I happen to know already. Although, the chocolate chip cookie one, I didn't know. That is very interesting. :):D

Including already known fact by me:

On average, a chocolate bar contains around eight insect parts, but it is still deemed to be safe for consumption. According to the U.S Food and Drug Administration, "most foods have natural contaminants in them, but there are levels which the FDA deems safe. Anything more than 60 insect pieces per 100 grams of chocolate is rejected by the FDA."
I keep forgetting this part. Uh, what will keep me from chocolate for a while, this fact.

Well, that fact is going to keep me on my diet for a while. :o

• Like 3

I did not know it was world chocolate day yesterday. Oddly enough I was at the store and picked up a bag of Kit Kats and a bag of Reece's PB cups for the wife. :lol:

• Like 4

Yummy...chocolate covered insects!

Uh no! Thank you Lilly, you are really helping my diet! :D

I did not know it was world chocolate day yesterday. Oddly enough I was at the store and picked up a bag of Kit Kats and a bag of Reece's PB cups for the wife. :lol:

And that would get me off of it.
  • Like 2

Uh no! Thank you Lilly, you are really helping my diet! :D

And that would get me off of it.

Chocolate is definately a diet killer. My wife is the chocolate fiend between us, I can go without. Can't think of the last time I had any now that I think about it. :lol:

• Like 1

I read something years ago that said the chocolate river was water with cocoa powder dumped in it for the original but actual chocolate for the remake with Johnny Depp. I guess the article was wrong.

Edited by tcgram
  • Like 1

most people would be very shocked to know what they are actually eating when you eat any commercially made food product.......

• Like 2

I read something years ago that said the chocolate river was water with cocoa powder dumped in it for the original but actual chocolate for the remake with Johnny Depp. I guess the article was wrong.

I meant to add the first article I read was wrong, not the most recent one. Good grief, I needed some coffee earlier. LOL

• Like 1