Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pluto is no rings! ?

Weitter Duckss

Not a ring around Pluto is now certain. Obviously, a small rotation of the planet is crucial. I hope that it will now be clear why Mercury and Venus have no satellites, and satellites are protected and small asteroids as well as rings.

Rotation is the basis for all relating bodies in the universe and beyond.

Quote of the topics is published here: "Mars & Life creation in Universe"

Let's check the math before spring of 2015, when the mission New horizons will have reached Pluto, to convince us that it does not have rings.

The calculations are clear: slow speed of rotation around its own axis, small mass, and even though there is very favorable low temperature, there are no rings. But, it is needed to point out that the values are contiguous, which is demonstrated by the mass of its satellites. Related to their home planet, they are in terms of mass by far beyond the average of the Sun and other 8 planets.

I first published this in www.vijesti.me

12/07/2012 08:32 (in the commentary on the article)

• Like 1

Being in a close binary with Charon - and the fact that Charon is so close to Pluto's mass, I would think that a ring around Pluto would be impossible - or at least highly unlikely...

• Like 4

Being in a close binary with Charon - and the fact that Charon is so close to Pluto's mass, I would think that a ring around Pluto would be impossible - or at least highly unlikely...

I have no idea why this is news to anyone as no one was expecting a ring. I'm sure it has some bizarre meaning to wetduck that we'll soon be made aware of.

• Like 2

[...] I'm sure it has some bizarre meaning to wetduck that we'll soon be made aware of.

I'd bet, at some point "cyclone" will surface...
  • Like 3

I have no idea why this is news to anyone as no one was expecting a ring.

Not entirely true.

New Horizons looked for (and as far as I know is still looking for) rings, which are considered a distinct possibility around Pluto, especially given that many believe that Charon (and maybe Pluto's other moons) were formed in a collision similar to how Earth's moon was formed. Such a collision could easily have generated a set of rings.

As for Weiter's post, it makes as much sense as the rest of the meaningless, nonsensical rubbish he inflicts on us... none at all. Nothing has changed, he is utterly clueless about the stuff he posts.

• Like 5

I have no idea why this is news to anyone as no one was expecting a ring. I'm sure it has some bizarre meaning

to wetduck that we'll soon be made aware of.

"Wetduck"

:lol:

Not entirely true.

New Horizons looked for (and as far as I know is still looking for) rings, which are considered a distinct possibility around Pluto, especially given that many believe that Charon (and maybe Pluto's other moons) were formed in a collision similar to how Earth's moon was formed. Such a collision could easily have generated a set of rings.

Didn't know that. Thanks

As for Weiter's post, it makes as much sense as the rest of the meaningless, nonsensical rubbish he inflicts on us... none at all. Nothing has changed, he is utterly clueless about the stuff he posts.

Concur.

Not entirely true.

I would have thought that Charon's mass and proximity would have prevented a ring from forming... Learn something new every day... Thanks :tu:

I would have thought that Charon's mass and proximity would have prevented a ring from forming... Learn something new every day... Thanks :tu:

I thought much the same thing. It's interesting to know that perhaps this isn't the case.

It's a bit of a case of putting the cart before the horse. If Charon was crated by an impact then the rings would have been created first. Charon would have accreted from the rings.

Of course such rings may have existed in the past but no remnants remain, Charon and Pluto having collected all the material between them. This is what is believed to have happened with the Earth/moon. Not long after the collision between the Mars-sized Theia and the early Earth our planet would have had a magnificent ring(s).

• Like 1

Not entirely true.

Blessed are those who believe .. Besides the obvious types evidence they hold to their faith.

They seekers further, What he renounced physics, but because here is their "physics".

Small asteroid has a ring around a comet orbiting satellites while Venus and Mercury have nothing. When it all connect with the rotation of the body is too blatant legality, in order to re-invent.

If I could see it in 2012, why is it you can not now, when is another proof of on scale?

If I could see it in 2012, why is it you can not now, when is another proof of on scale?

You saw rings around Pluto in 2012? :unsure2:

Blessed are those who believe .. Besides the obvious types evidence they hold to their faith.

They seekers further, What he renounced physics, but because here is their "physics".

Small asteroid has a ring around a comet orbiting satellites while Venus and Mercury have nothing. When it all connect with the rotation of the body is too blatant legality, in order to re-invent.

This is simply gibberish, wetduck, you need to clarify what you are saying.

I'd put you on my ignore list, but sometimes your posts are hillarious in their utter absurdity.

• Like 2

This is simply gibberish, wetduck,

Merc, cut out the childish name calling. Attack the post NOT the poster.

Different rotation of the body with different terms and conditions clearly state whether a body can have: satellite, ring .. or any of that.

Asteroid Charik diameter of only 257 kilometers has a ring, is located between Saturn and Uranus. Comet 67P / Churyumov-Gerasimenko (new article on www.phsy.org) has satellites in orbit, but also some asteroids, planetoids .. A few fast rotating stars have rings .. Mercury and Venus have no independent spin nor satellites .. rapidly rotating gaseous planets have a lot of satellites and rings (in proportion to weight, temperature and the environment) .. Pluto does not ring because it has a slow rotation of 6.4 days (Jupiter more than 2x a day) ..