Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do I have psychic abilities?

lisabee71

Hello everyone!

I will try to make this as simple and short as I can... I come from a Christian family, I do follow Jesus' teachings as much as possible. This fact is why I tend to doubt some things that happen and avoid some, too. But my spiritual life is changing to be more accepting. From my maternal grandmother, through my mom, aunts (both sides), sister, brother, my children (to a small degree) and nieces and nephews have all had things happen, perceptions, etc. to some degree.

I have had visions of healing while praying for someone, I have seen random people at restaurants and stores whom I don't know but I will feel an overwhelming urge to pray for them. I can feel their fear or depression and even felt one young woman's complete distress and loss over her life. I have seen evil in the form of a panther, and in two men I met briefly. I am most at peace or relaxed when I am by myself and in the woods. I have had asked for a 'sign' of God understanding my life twice. The first time, I was walking in the woods alone and sad over being alone and a doe leaped out about 20 feet in front of me and watched me for a minute or so then went on. The second time, I was driving alone in the same wooded area sad over my husband cheating on me and leaving me and our two children for the other woman. A doe with two fawns came out onto the road 10-15 feet in front of my car and stood for a minute or so. When I asked both times if God could see me, the sign was immediate. I have vivid and bizarre dreams, most very symbolic.

I awoke at the age of 8 or 9 to see three figures at the corner of the room, they were glowy, pukey green, solid from the feet up to the shoulders then they were falling to pieces kind of like a cracked dried river bottom. I awoke a few weeks later to hear three men downstairs talking and walking through our basement, then shut the door. I thought it was my dad, who worked late, I woke my mom and she checked but there was no one there. I'm not sure of the significance of 3, but I have dreams a lot of times in threes or with three parts. I had one particular day where I almost had three serious wrecks in one day. And I have only been in one wreck in my 44 years, where an elderly lady had a young distracting child and she didn't see me and plowed into me. I am a very safe driver usually. I saw a ghost of an old man once, I saw a glowing large orb (the size of a small child) in my bathroom as a teenager. I have had dreams and visions of people who have died where they told me something. I write a lot and have had nights when I wake with a line or two to write, I tried to ignore it at first but realized I can't sleep until I write it down. I have memories at places (from childhood and on) that never happened to me.

So what is going on? I see a doctor regularly, I'm in decent health. Should I pursue this? Is this typical? Can I shut it off? Should I?

I just wonder what I'm supposed to do with this?

The correct answer to "Do I have psychic powers?" is always no.

• Like 3

I disagree I believe a few do have psychic abilities of varying degrees. Whether she has them I have no idea. Three men in a corner sounds like sleep paralysis.

• Like 1

Imaginarynumber1, why are u on this site if u think there is no such thing as psychic powers?

I've had vivid realistic dreams about future events, and so has my own mom. One such occasion helped save my and my father's life, she predicted we would be in a car wreck and got T boned, both died. Thanks to my father taking extra care of his own driving, because of the vision, we only got hit on the front left side. It knocked the front end off our truck, spun us around but we survived with minor injuries. That is only one of many times my mom has predicted events too. So yes I do believe lisabee71 has some powers, possibly untapped powers. The human mind is a wonderful thing.

• Like 2

You are empathic like me it means you can sense people's emotions desires and pain some evolve to controls others desires pain or emotions that's known as empathic manipulation I can give you some advise don't tell many extreme believers of God they'll most likely call you a witch but don't let that bother you it's a gift you can you it for pain nullification of emotional healing as all abilities is is controlled by you're will if you desire something it can evolve to help you

• Like 1

Imaginarynumber1, why are u on this site if u think there is no such thing as psychic powers?

There's no prerequisite for being on this site. I'll believe or disbelieve whatever I choose based on the evidence. There is no evidence for psychic powers.

• Like 2

Hi there! Let's dissect this a bit. First off, I would say you're definitely an empath, meaning you are more sensitive to, and able to sense others emotions. You may not feel the emotions greatly sometimes, and other times they could be overwhelming. Sometimes empaths can feel the emotions of other people in themselves and then feel very drained-like after being with/around other people for too long. I also feel animals emotions and know what they want sometimes. This can also be the reason for feeling so calm when in the woods. I find with myself, if I am alone and only with the trees, I can really connect with them and almost, (what I think is) feeling their emotions as well.They're very calming life forms, and we benefit from them greatly. They can take your left over energy back into the earth and make you feel more at peace with the world. I love them.

Regarding the activity happening in your house, (or old house) I am not too sure. It doesn't really sound like sleep paralysis, as mentioned above, but I see where you were going with that. I know spirit passes through my house sometimes, and I just let them be, just like people walking on the street. But I never really read much into it, so I can't be of much assistance there. And I know they usually target people of younger ages when they choose to show themselves, just because the person's not as worn down with the working world and are more imaginative, if that makes sense. Though, with the spirits connecting with you directly and telling you things, I know some are usually very nice and helpful to humans if they see they are in trouble or need guidance, if they can communicate with that person easily.

I also believe you have a stronger connection with higher beings as well. For example, I feel the visions of healing are telling you that your prayers are working or in progress. With this, you're being told to pray for that person you feel you need to pray for, since your prayers are very strong. The evil sensed in the men could very well be high intuition or an outside influence telling you/making sure you get away, I can't be sure of which one, even though it seems you are pretty connected with your sense of intuition as well. Also, when you're more aware, you see answers more clearly. For example, when you asked for a sign those two times, both were answered with a doe - one with fawns. The fact that does appeared both times is a synchronicity. I like to take a look into symbolism when these types of answers come to me from higher beings. So, for instance, if I were you I would google 'doe symbolism' or something of the sort and see what comes up. This is the same thing with all of your number 3's. Anything that comes in three's are symbolic too. They are answers in a sense as well. Also, another synchronicity. I refer to this website a lot for numbers that appear to me: http://sacredscribesangelnumbers.blogspot.com/2010/08/angel-numbers-number-sequences_3889.html

I think the writing could be answers as well, especially since you have the urge to write it down at that moment. I'm curious as to where the written lines come from? Nevertheless, I know writing down your dreams as soon as you wake up is very beneficial to your memory. And don't even get me started on dream symbolism. I would definitely recommend having a journal next to your bed and at the ready when you wake up and write it down when it's fresh in your mind, even if it's not full sentences.

You could be tapping into past lives/older memories too. I've only had one, and haven't read up on the subject much, but I know how real they feel.

According to the dictionary, there are two ways to take the definition of the word "psychic". "1. relating to or denoting faculties or phenomena that are apparently inexplicable by natural laws, especially involving telepathy or clairvoyance." and "2. of or relating to the soul or mind." I feel the word psychic is like the word love. The word love is used for all types of love, romantic, brotherly, motherly, platonic, etc. The word psychic groups everything different found in the abilities of a person that's different from the "norm". I don't particularly like labels, but I do just go ahead and label myself psychic. And the fact that some this runs in your family makes it a bigger possibility. I feel if the person in question believes they are psychic, they are. There's no word for a little psychic. (There's a lot of words we need actually.) I've always accepted these 'weird' things that happen to me, and it's just a part of me, a part of my life.

It's your decision if you would like to pursue this, or even go on as you have been. You can't shut it off. The only things I know of that could possibly dull it is: constantly consuming large amounts of alcohol, eating nothing but unhealthy foods, and maybe telling yourself it's not real. These are the only things I heard of, I've never tried them, but they're all very self destructive. And from my own experience as a child, (just in case you were considering this) I absolutely do not recommend always drinking for the sake of your children. It may dull the pain or stress for you, but worsens the pain for them.

I wouldn't say anything we experience is typical, although yeah, some things are more commonly experienced. And all of this is my opinion from my own life experience and is not a definite answer for your life. I know sometimes I just want to be normal, but when nothing happens for a little while, (as if an answer to my little prayer) I find that it's very boring and want my old self back. There's a lot going on here, and I bet if you wish to strengthen your abilities, you can go pretty darn far with them, since you've had all of this happen without a push!

I wish you a lot of luck on your journey and hope you stay safe,

~Sabrina

I've had vivid realistic dreams about future events, and so has my own mom. One such occasion helped save my and my father's life, she predicted we would be in a car wreck and got T boned, both died. Thanks to my father taking extra care of his own driving, because of the vision, we only got hit on the front left side. It knocked the front end off our truck, spun us around but we survived with minor injuries. That is only one of many times my mom has predicted events too. So yes I do believe lisabee71 has some powers, possibly untapped powers. The human mind is a wonderful thing.

Thank you for your input, AmIPsychic87!

You are empathic like me it means you can sense people's emotions desires and pain some evolve to controls others desires pain or emotions that's known as empathic manipulation I can give you some advise don't tell many extreme believers of God they'll most likely call you a witch but don't let that bother you it's a gift you can you it for pain nullification of emotional healing as all abilities is is controlled by you're will if you desire something it can evolve to help you

You are right, I keep my thoughts on this to myself. People around me want everything to fit in the same box or they assume something's terribly wrong!

There's no prerequisite for being on this site.

You are correct and I welcome all opinions.

I wish you a lot of luck on your journey and hope you stay safe,

~Sabrina

Thank you, Sabrina. You gave me a lot to think about and pursue. I really enjoyed your post! Thanks for your encouragement.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

As u said u can feel emotions of others yes u r psychic but evil like panther in two men that is little doubtful n doe in a jungle is common n u feel close to god its just ur spiritual developement that u feel like praying for others thats ur inner beauty n stop thinking about being psychic its ur sprititual development n evil is harming u by making u think like that u can contact me if u want me to help u

I'm sorry but if she had a vision that you died and you didn't then, by definition, she isn't psychic. What other events have you or your Mom foreseen that have actually come true?

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

I will try to make this as simple and short as I can... I come from a Christian family, I do follow Jesus' teachings as much as possible. This fact is why I tend to doubt some things that happen and avoid some, too. But my spiritual life is changing to be more accepting. From my maternal grandmother, through my mom, aunts (both sides), sister, brother, my children (to a small degree) and nieces and nephews have all had things happen, perceptions, etc. to some degree.

I have had visions of healing while praying for someone, I have seen random people at restaurants and stores whom I don't know but I will feel an overwhelming urge to pray for them. I can feel their fear or depression and even felt one young woman's complete distress and loss over her life. I have seen evil in the form of a panther, and in two men I met briefly. I am most at peace or relaxed when I am by myself and in the woods. I have had asked for a 'sign' of God understanding my life twice. The first time, I was walking in the woods alone and sad over being alone and a doe leaped out about 20 feet in front of me and watched me for a minute or so then went on. The second time, I was driving alone in the same wooded area sad over my husband cheating on me and leaving me and our two children for the other woman. A doe with two fawns came out onto the road 10-15 feet in front of my car and stood for a minute or so. When I asked both times if God could see me, the sign was immediate. I have vivid and bizarre dreams, most very symbolic.

I awoke at the age of 8 or 9 to see three figures at the corner of the room, they were glowy, pukey green, solid from the feet up to the shoulders then they were falling to pieces kind of like a cracked dried river bottom. I awoke a few weeks later to hear three men downstairs talking and walking through our basement, then shut the door. I thought it was my dad, who worked late, I woke my mom and she checked but there was no one there. I'm not sure of the significance of 3, but I have dreams a lot of times in threes or with three parts. I had one particular day where I almost had three serious wrecks in one day. And I have only been in one wreck in my 44 years, where an elderly lady had a young distracting child and she didn't see me and plowed into me. I am a very safe driver usually. I saw a ghost of an old man once, I saw a glowing large orb (the size of a small child) in my bathroom as a teenager. I have had dreams and visions of people who have died where they told me something. I write a lot and have had nights when I wake with a line or two to write, I tried to ignore it at first but realized I can't sleep until I write it down. I have memories at places (from childhood and on) that never happened to me.

So what is going on? I see a doctor regularly, I'm in decent health. Should I pursue this? Is this typical? Can I shut it off? Should I?

I just wonder what I'm supposed to do with this?

I read the title; "Do I have Psychic Abilities?"...however, the very moment that you 'own' them, they vanish into thin air.

If you truly believe in God, you should also be aware of the beautiful feeling that comes when He works through you towards achieving more pious and unselfish ends.

You have heard 'Thy will be done'...it's not 'my will be done'...right?

If you were really 'gifted' (I don't like using the word 'psychic' due to negative connotation), you would know it and feel it deep in your being, just like you know God exists...and you will also get a confirmatory message from Him.

Just open your heart and totally surrender to His Divine Will....wholly and without question. Just surrender to that love, joy and peace He fills you with.

Only then can you ever know.

Edited by The Necromancer

• 3 weeks later...

As u said u can feel emotions of others yes u r psychic but evil like panther in two men that is little doubtful n doe in a jungle is common n u feel close to god its just ur spiritual developement that u feel like praying for others thats ur inner beauty n stop thinking about being psychic its ur sprititual development n evil is harming u by making u think like that u can contact me if u want me to help u

I have no idea what you just said right now. Perhaps dropping the chat-speak and dropping the "you are evil" thing would help.

Hi lisabee, I'm just like you from the sounds of it and I have these feelings to include seeing things all the time either in dreams or a short real'd video in my head. Not knowing what these visions are called, I call em "see & seeings". I don't talk about it much only with my wife who has become witness to the many things I have told her over the years. Some have scared her while some have made her laugh because it was cute & funny. Not as shocked or skeptical as she was at first, she now pays close attention when I tell her something will happen.

Don't let people posting their crap here get you down. You saw what you saw. You felt what you felt. These people are so smart to tell you that you saw nothing and felt nothing. We know better don't we? Don't resist what you feel or else it will go away. Sometimes it gets soo strong that you can't ignore it any longer. Find an equal spot or a balance as some call it. I just fly by the seat of my pants on this not wanting to get into or read a bunch of crap that could spoil everything. Go with the flow and use it for all it's worth.

It's a very easy thing to fool oneself... After all we are deluged by movies and stories about either fictional telepathy or ESP or psychokinesis or whatever, and then there are what appear to be 'documented' examples.. until you look at them closely.

But step back for a moment and *think*. There are MANY things at work here...

1. We now have a society where millions of folks are chattering away to each other, telling stories, comparing notes - some of those are sisters/twins, etc... So there MUST be lots of coincidences happening, by sheer weight of numbers. And of course we only think about or report those, not all the failures... There's a reason for the term 'selective memory'...

2. Similarly, we do the same things within ourselves. I used to fly *very* frequently, and on one occasion had a vivid dream about my flight the next morning crashing! I bravely took the flight anyway (I'd had a good life up til then.. :D), and.. nothing happened. Now had there been an incident (and that must surely happen to some of those on ANY flight that has a problem), those folks would be convinced they were prescient, and from thenceforth be collecting any coincidental happening as further evidence and conveniently forgetting every time they failed..

3. Our brains are designed to do this!! We look for patterns even when none exist - our very survival depends on us recognising situations and only noting the 'important' ones.

4., 5., 6... I haven't even started on misperceptions, exaggerations, trolling, or just the simple desire for someone to want to feel special.

As I said on another similar thread... The excuse (for not offering actual evidence or allowing tests to be done) is continually rolled out that these things only happen under non-testable circumstances - and that is a copout. And then we get told that the claimants don't *want* to be tested - which, if you think about it, essentially means they don't want to have these skills (if they exist) researched and thence possibly shared with the rest of society (with all the huge benefits that would entail). That's the part I just do not understand. If I had 'The Gift', I'd want others to share in it and have it too! So bring on the tough tests, the MRI scans, and I'd even donate half my James Randi winnings to a charity (..or an organisation devoted to wiping terrorism off the face of the earth).

So not wanting to prove and document it seems a bit selfish to me, but as above I can also understand the reasons for the claims.

Edited by ChrLzs

- Thread cleaned -

Posters, knock off the childish potty humor and discuss matters like reasonable adults, or bow out of the thread.

Remain civil.

Thank you.

• Like 2

Why did you think the panther was evil?

Anyone that has never had a psychic experience isn't going to believe its possible. I've had them so I know they are real. There is no other explanation for what I had except a psychic experience. Can I read your mind, no, it doesn't work that way for me. Have I picked up on peoples thoughts, yes, but that isn't the same as reading someones mind. Have I've know what is going to happen in the future, yes, but I can't make it happen. Where this comes from I don't know, can I prove it, no but I really don't care all I know is it happens sometimes.

Anyone that has never had a psychic experience isn't going to believe its possible. I've had them so I know they are real. There is no other explanation for what I had except a psychic experience. Can I read your mind, no, it doesn't work that way for me. Have I picked up on peoples thoughts, yes, but that isn't the same as reading someones mind. Have I've know what is going to happen in the future, yes, but I can't make it happen. Where this comes from I don't know, can I prove it, no but I really don't care all I know is it happens sometimes.

What constitutes and contributes to a supposed "psychic" experience?

• 3 weeks later...