Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What makes you right?

XenoFish

I do not know weather I am right or wrong.

Perhaps magic is all that is left and true in this realm.

I have been in many dimensions and many realms.

It is he who holds The Master key that can reach all his dreams.

Edited by LostSouls7

Since I have been back from being banned, I have admitted I was wrong to express my Jewish views in this forum but it seems to me that I have committed the unpardonable sin.

Oh my! You got banned from all that? Well common ben, you are quit the stubborn lug nut on that subject. I pulled my hair out at least three times trying to explain it to you. Sorry I'm just amused that it got that far. That dosnt decrease my fondness for you though. The subborn Jew is almost an archetype. And those particular arguments and your gymnastics are quit amusing. Take care my friend and by all means avoid that subject in public, but I'd be happy to take it up in PM with you at any time, I'm not bald yet.

Edited by White Crane Feather

There are no right or wrong in spiritual matters, in religious matters there are. Then again from your own perspective you are right and to others you are wrong. Yet people based their lives on the dictates of others 'spiritual' truth.

What is "truth," is it real, is it worth anything?

The truth is I should have used colons in the above sentence, but it looks better with the commas.

What makes you right? In my case is Isaiah 8:20. "To the Law and the Prophets aka the Testimony. If they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." I am sorry if I can't get into details. If I say any thing else in my own words I may be banned again.

What about this line in particular do you think makes you right? There are a lot of lines in the bible that people quote in justification of various behaviours, but this is one I've not seen be used before. Why does it stand out for you?

There are no right or wrong in spiritual matters, in religious matters there are. Then again from your own perspective you are right and to others you are wrong. Yet people based their lives on the dictates of others 'spiritual' truth.

What contrasts spiritual and religious for you? How do you define them?

• 2 months later...

Thousands of years of recurring stories, themes (in texts, movies, music), and the ongoing endless array of unexpected and unexplainable events and/or circumstances that science, for now, just can't explain.

With that in mind, what makes you so arrogant to believe that all you've heard is untrue? And you've (we've) figured this out in our lifetime?

Nowadays, religion seems like a cover for political correctness, irrelevant texts, and an excuse to make war. Don't buy it? Don't blame you.

It's a weird world, but don't get mad at people for dancing just because you can't hear the music.

Edited by ARNK

Thousands of years of recurring stories, themes (in texts, movies, music), and the ongoing endless array of unexpected and unexplainable events and/or circumstances that science, for now, just can't explain.

With that in mind, what makes you so arrogant to believe that all you've heard is untrue? And you've (we've) figured this out in our lifetime?

Please give an example. Thanks

• Like 2

Nowadays, religion seems like a cover for political correctness, irrelevant texts, and an excuse to make war. Don't buy it? Don't blame you.

It's a weird world, but don't get mad at people for dancing just because you can't hear the music.

Maybe I've heard the music and it's to beat of a war drum. Today religion is nothing more than a show. It's used to justify any number of actions. Want multiple wives, there's a scripture for that. Want to kill someone, there's a scripture for that to. 1000's of years of stories by people who did not understand how things worked.

3c9639338a7eeea178a9bce303b0cd2e.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Alright all you religiously devout individuals on this forum. I have some questions for you.

1)What exactly makes you right?

2)Why do you think us non-believers need God in our lives?

3)What motivates you to believe in something that may or may not be real?

4)Do you follow your faith for personal reasons?

5)What if your god isn't god at all but a demon or the devil in disguise?

6)What if your actually practice idolatry through your faith in jesus? Since was after all nothing more than a man.

7)Do you think your self superior to the rest of the un-saved herd?

8)What exactly makes your faith correct over all other belief structures?

1) I believe that what I believe is right for me :) I follow a goddess not a god.. but what I believe is not going to be right for everyone else (there is no wrong religion in the world)

2) you don't.. either you will find a god or a goddess or a rock to believe in if you need to.

3) it seems.. right.. that is the best way I can explain it.

4) yes.. see question 3

5) well.. now that's a bit tricky.. most pagans do not believe in demons or devils.. though.. it could be Loki disguised as my goddess..

6) ok will pass on this one :)

7) no..

8) again.. no.. most pagans think the world would be a better place if everyone was pagan.. because we believe that all paths lead to the divine so none of them are wrong .. they are the right religions for those who believe in them.

• Like 1