Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Real-life 'mind melds' could help brains heal

UM-Bot

Scientists believe that linking up two brains could help to treat a range of neurological conditions.

Unless you happen to be Mr Spock the idea of linking your own mind up to that of another individual might seem absurd, yet scientists at Duke University's Center for Neuroengineering in North Carolina believe that such a feat is not only possible but also potentially highly advantageous.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...elp-brains-heal

The example of theatre audiences synchronising their brains to produce group reactions like crying or laughing at the same time, is, I think, a poor one. Surely people are individually laughing at something because they find it funny .... they are not laughing because other minds are telling them to. However, the example of a group of players working together as a sports team towards a common goal, is good. Although, actually, when I think about it some more, perhaps that is not what is happening after all! Maybe the individuals in the team are simply very focussed on the goal and very aware of what their team-mates are doing at any given moment.

Once again the laboratory monkeys are at the sharp end of these experiments :cry:

Edited by ouija ouija

I want to link my mind to Donald Trump so I can be right about everything and never have to apologize for insulting anyone.

• Like 1

I want to link my mind to Donald Trump so I can be right about everything and never have to apologize for insulting anyone.

OMG!!!! I couldn't stop laughing! He is one tool, to be sure.

Mind melds??? Seriously??? Science cant provide a battery for my smart phone that lasts longer than 7 hrs but they can combine consciousness and get monkey's to control robots through the power of thought! Priorities are all wrong in this world

• Like 1

Mind melds??? Seriously??? Science cant provide a battery for my smart phone that lasts longer than 7 hrs but they can combine consciousness and get monkey's to control robots through the power of thought! Priorities are all wrong in this world

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I heard something about a battery that was in development that lasts for 20 years.

Edited by IBelieveWhatIWant

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I heard something about a battery that was in development that lasts for 20 years.

Well the sooner Apple,Samsung etc get that technology, the better

"In a recent experiment a group of monkeys linked together through electrodes implanted in their brains were able to collectively move a virtual arm using a special brain-machine interface."

All I see is Dr. Frankenstein. So horrific that today we still research on sentient beings, when there are alternatives.

Shame on them.

• Like 1

Yes but it's the size of a VW Microbus and contains 100 pounds of Plutonium. :whistle: