Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The disappearance of Ray Gricar (Part 2)

mbrn30000

Before I shelved my notebook a few years ago, one of my working theories was that Ray stumbled upon the real reason his brother was killed, and he was either killed as well, or he disappeared himself in order to protect his daughter and Emma. 

38 minutes ago, wijg said:

Before I shelved my notebook a few years ago, one of my working theories was that Ray stumbled upon the real reason his brother was killed, and he was either killed as well, or he disappeared himself in order to protect his daughter and Emma. 

Hey there!!! Glad some are coming back out. You mean to protect Patty right? Emma was the woman before Patty

1 hour ago, RMP said:

Absolutely! My idea would have been for you to reach out to them if you had the info.

As far as the property they purchased and if they split. Hmm. Need to do some research I guess.

I have reached out to them privately to no avail :(

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SuperSmith said:

Hey there!!! Glad some are coming back out. You mean to protect Patty right? Emma was the woman before Patty

Nope... to protect Emma. Ray and Emma were still very good friends, and I got the sense that though their marriage may have not worked out, they still loved each other. Sloane had a picture of them all together at a New Years Celebration back in 2004. Ray was sitting next to Emma, and they were with SS and his wife. Patty was not at the party. Ray and Emma looked quite cozy. 

1 hour ago, wijg said:

Nope... to protect Emma. Ray and Emma were still very good friends, and I got the sense that though their marriage may have not worked out, they still loved each other. Sloane had a picture of them all together at a New Years Celebration back in 2004. Ray was sitting next to Emma, and they were with SS and his wife. Patty was not at the party. Ray and Emma looked quite cozy. 

Well that is very interesting in of itself and something I’ve never heard. Wonder if PF was jealous of her?

9 hours ago, wijg said:

Wondering when Ray and Patty got together?

12 hours ago, RMP said:

Wondering when Ray and Patty got together?

I think it was around 2000... I've always been of the opinion that the two were never really romantic though. 

Gricar met Barbara Gray during his undergraduate study at the University of Dayton. She moved to Cleveland with him after graduation and they married in 1969.[3] They adopted a baby girl, Lara, in 1978.[3] Ray and Barbara Gricar divorced in 1991; Ray married again in 1996, but divorced in 2001.[8] In 2002 or 2003, Gricar moved in with his girlfriend Patty Fornicola, an employee of the Centre County District Attorney's office.[4] He was living with Fornicola in her childhood home in Bellefonte at the time of his disappearance.[8]

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SuperSmith said:

Gricar met Barbara Gray during his undergraduate study at the University of Dayton. She moved to Cleveland with him after graduation and they married in 1969.[3] They adopted a baby girl, Lara, in 1978.[3] Ray and Barbara Gricar divorced in 1991; Ray married again in 1996, but divorced in 2001.[8] In 2002 or 2003, Gricar moved in with his girlfriend Patty Fornicola, an employee of the Centre County District Attorney's office.[4] He was living with Fornicola in her childhood home in Bellefonte at the time of his disappearance.[8]

wijg you are positive the party photo was 2004? If it indeed is, that is quite interesting.

25 minutes ago, RMP said:

wijg you are positive the party photo was 2004? If it indeed is, that is quite interesting.

Fairly certain. I am certain, though, that it was after his divorce from Emma and while he was living with Patty. Because that is the sole reason the photo stuck out to me. It may have even been 2005 (Ray's final New Year). Now that I'm thinking harder, I seem to recall Sloane making a comment under the photo about it being taken "a few months before he disappeared" . I need to find my thumb drive I saved it on. Once I have it, I'll post it here. 

i've had all my Gricar stuff shelved the last two years, so I'm digging it all up as well as refreshing my own memory on most of the details of the case. 

Edited by wijg

Here you go... my memory served me well... New Year's Eve 2004... "107 days before you left", says Sloane.... he's off by a couple days... or is he???

RCPeo3R.png

• Like 1

Something I just found out that I didn't know. Apparently the weekend Ray disappeared was Parents' Weekend at Bucknell. There must have been a couple hundred dads matching Ray's description around town that weekend. I find it even more likely now that Ray was never in Lewisburg to begin with.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wijg said:

Something I just found out that I didn't know. Apparently the weekend Ray disappeared was Parents' Weekend at Bucknell. There must have been a couple hundred dads matching Ray's description around town that weekend. I find it even more likely now that Ray was never in Lewisburg to begin with.

Yes we discussed this back in the day and TG mentioned it early on in the investigation I believe. 

I agree he was not there that day. I believe the car/laptop was staged. As far as we Arellano there is zero contrete evidence that Ray was alive past the video footage of him coming out of the office building the evening before. We only have PFs word that he took the day off, headed to Lewisburg the next day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wijg said:

Here you go... my memory served me well... New Year's Eve 2004... "107 days before you left", says Sloane.... he's off by a couple days... or is he???

RCPeo3R.png

I’m not convinced that’s Emma. I’ll have to dig on this one. Thank you 

Well that's certainly one interesting pic if that indeed is EG beside Ray. Not sure I'd call them cozy, but certainly on good terms.

I was thinking. I just can't see RG being a walkaway. Just makes no sense.  Also, if he were walking, then why wouldn't he have left his keys behind in the mini.  He wouldn't need them any longer.

There's just something about that walk in the park after work on 4/15.  A commissioner or county official complimented them and they blew her off.  They looked unhappy and in the middle of a serious conversation. I worked with a couple who were married and also worked in the same department together. They rode to work together obviously. And the wife would walk back and take every break with her husband. I recall asking him how he can be around her basically 24/7 and he said they had a good relationship but it wasn't easy and it could get old fast sometimes. 

Hey, everybody.  

I had the thought last week that the whole Lewisburg trip was staged.

2 hours ago, MAV1962 said:

Hey, everybody.  

I had the thought last week that the whole Lewisburg trip was staged.

Hey Mav!!! Yep the ash in the car was from whom ever planted it. I’m sure they needed a cig while carrying out the dirty deed.  I’ll go as far as to say whomever did it knew RG personally because they knew the SOS (antique place) was a place he was fond of.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wijg said:

RCPeo3R.png

Ok now agree this is Emma. Do you know the event? Were the comments the March after his disappearance? 

12 hours ago, SuperSmith said:

Ok now agree this is Emma. Do you know the event? Were the comments the March after his disappearance? 

No... those comments are from March 2015. 

Also, if that hand on Emma's shoulder is Ray's - it appears to me that it is - then he has his arm around her. 

1 hour ago, wijg said:

No... those comments are from March 2015. 

Also, if that hand on Emma's shoulder is Ray's - it appears to me that it is - then he has his arm around her. 

I didn't see that before but that is quite interesting.

I agree  another theory,  Ray Gricar`s  body have never been found and the last seen of him in a antique store with another women. He maybe still alive, and got the women pregnant with a future and he gave up everything in his life.  Someone was with him in his car found  cigarettes ashes in his car, that he didn't smoke

Edited by docyabut2

20 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

I agree  another theory,  Ray Gricar`s  body have never been found and the last seen of him in a antique store with another women. He maybe still alive, and got the women pregnant with a future and he gave up everything in his life.  Someone was with him in his car found  cigarettes ashes in his car, that he didn't smoke

None of the sightings in Lewisburg have been verified by the police. 

And I can't see him walking away from a hefty pension that he earned, let alone his daughter.

30 minutes ago, RMP said:

None of the sightings in Lewisburg have been verified by the police. 

And I can't see him walking away from a hefty pension that he earned, let alone his daughter.

I think his daughter was a adoption, has anyone check to see if his wives could not have children,  but he could have ?