Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
mbrn30000

The disappearance of Ray Gricar (Part 2)

735 posts in this topic

RMP

Lara was adopted. I've read where Ray's face would light up anytime Lara was mentioned.

No offense docya, but I'm not following what you're getting at.

docyabut2
16 hours ago, RMP said:

Lara was adopted. I've read where Ray's face would light up anytime Lara was mentioned.

No offense docya, but I'm not following what you're getting at.

I just saying maybe he got another girl pregnant, he would have his first child and planned to go away with her.  

SuperSmith
2 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

I just saying maybe he got another girl pregnant, he would have his first child and planned to go away with her.  

That’s an extreme reach IMO but who knows. None of us have the answers 

• Like 1

RMP

He had every right to do that if that would be the case. But he'd need money. That pension would sure be handy.

Only thing we know definite that he was alive when he left the courthouse the evening of 4/14.

SuperSmith
2 hours ago, RMP said:

He had every right to do that if that would be the case. But he'd need money. That pension would sure be handy.

Only thing we know definite that he was alive when he left the courthouse the evening of 4/14.

Like I said a major reach. He was 59 years old and any other potential woman would’ve been in the vacinity of his age too. 

Ray Gricar was murdered. Nothing else makes sense in my mind. He was by all accounts a very prim, proper, and responsible man. That in of itself takes suicide and walk away out of the equation for me. 

Sucide scenario-no body or signs prior

Walkaway scenario-for what? Why? And why not wait 8 months, collect his pension, and ride off into the sunset without all the attention?

This was foul play people. The only question is The Who, the how, the why, and where.  

You all are free to discuss your other scenarios though.  This is where I’m at and have been for a long time. 

• Like 1

RMP
Posted (edited)

Here's my guess.

It's been said Ray was distraught for a time prior to his disappearance.

My A theory is either he had a change of heart about the relationship due to being around PF so much.  This due to working and living with her. He discussed this after work in the park with her on 4/14 then went back to the CH to breathe and do some work. He returned home that night and that was it. She would have needed help with the body, car and phone call, which were all manageable with an accomplice.

My B theory is that someone was out to get Ray and he either stumbled on it or was flat out notified by the perpetrator. The perp mentioned harming his loved one's if he didn't agree to meet or if anyone was told. He finally told PF the night before in the park but said you must stay quiet. 

Theory C is similar to B. Ray was lured toward Lewisburg with the promise of game changing info on a particular case. He had been talking with this informant for awhile and sensed the danger. Ray told Patty of the potential danger the night before. Ray made the meeting place the SOS lot and pulled in to find a car waiting. He parked beside the car, got out of the mini and into the other. That was it.

I don't know. It's just some theories.

Edited by RMP

docyabut2
19 hours ago, SuperSmith said:

Like I said a major reach. He was 59 years old and any other potential woman would’ve been in the vacinity of his age too. 

Ray Gricar was murdered. Nothing else makes sense in my mind. He was by all accounts a very prim, proper, and responsible man. That in of itself takes suicide and walk away out of the equation for me. 

Sucide scenario-no body or signs prior

Walkaway scenario-for what? Why? And why not wait 8 months, collect his pension, and ride off into the sunset without all the attention?

This was foul play people. The only question is The Who, the how, the why, and where.  

You all are free to discuss your other scenarios though.  This is where I’m at and have been for a long time. 

Then why was his body ever found?

SuperSmith
1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

People are convicted of murder every day, week, & month in this country without a body being found.

RMP

If he was killed why would his body necessarily need to be found?

Especially if the perp is staging it to look like something else.

RMP

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. Everything seems to have gotten real quiet.