Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has any one ever attepmted EVP?

nephilim

I was just wondering if any one has ever tried evp before.I tried it once and got some slightly audible voices.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bogeyman

• nephilim

• SerenitysRiver

• ABOTU

I tried it once and I personally didn't hear anything, but my friend Josh put it into adobe audition and picked up a male voice saying something (I forget what it said) when he played it back for me I couldn't make it out despite him telling me, but it did sound like a deep man's voice. Only lasted a few seconds though

Tried it several times.............all I got was fuzzy white noise.....and a taxi radio that made me jump out of my skin!

grin2.gif

Hammy x x x

I tried it about 5 years ago and got a voice, I don't have the tape anymore unfortunately. I started the beginning of the session by asking "Is anybody here?".

I let the tape run for an hour and then sat back and listened to it. About halfway through was a female voice saying "I am in the building"....It freaked me out, haven't tried it since...... eyecrazy.gif

People say there are many ways to do this. I tried a method from a book called Speak with the Dead seven methods for spirit communication By Konstantinos

If you can't get the book you can find some informational guides on the internet. There are some links on this siteDawg House

Electronic Voice Phenomena

Electronic Voice Phenomena

385350[/snapback]

meaning what? lol sorry I'm new with this stuff!

It is the process of capturing the voices of the dead using electrical recording devices. Usually done with a cassette recorder, an investigator will record a session on a blank tape in which they attempt to talk to the spirits present. This usually involves questions such as "Is anyone here?" or "How did you die?", etc. The investigator will not hear the voices until they play back the recording. In theory, the recording device can pick up sound frequencies that are beyond human hearing, therefore capturing the voices of the dead who are tyring to speak to us.

If I'm mistaken in this definition, someone let me know please....

I wouldn't trust any evps, as you can pick up all sorts of things that aren't really there in white noise. Also, if these things use a frequency humans can't hear anyway, when you turn up the blank tape, all you're going to get is louder white noise. It's just not reliable science.

I have my doubts about it, but I have heard some amazing recordings before, so I can't be sure.

You also have to take into consideration that the human mind is designed to try and make sense out of nonsense. Listen to a random set of sounds and your mind will try to make sense of them, if it knows that there is a possibility for logic or sense in the sound being made. "Suggested hearing" is commonly to blame for EVP findings.

www.worlditc.org

Will answer everything you ever wanted to know about evp....and more.

Without doubt this is THE definitive website on this subject.The examples are the best examples on the subject you will ever find.

I got hooked on this subject months ago so benefit from my experience of trawling the internet for worthy sites.

The most dissapointing thing about this subject is the fact that most of the best work seems to have been done by the pioneers that are all now dead.

Friedrich Jurgensen,George Meek,Konstantin Raudive,Doc Mueller etc,etc

It's a hard one to deal with....the voices are definitely there...even mainstream science and the Vatican do not contend this....the issue is whats causing them ?.Is it the dead or not.......?

BTW....There are loads of free books available free to download on that site.....go into the section books......Enjoy and come back to this thread to let me know what you think of the subject.

Thanks

I'm a musician by hobby and I've spent years recording in my own home studio.

When I used to record way back when....it was all analog. Magnetic tape. Once in a while during a recording session, I'd pick up some off the wall things during silent periods of the song. A couple of things almost sounded like voices, but I couldn't understand any language or anything.

However, I use digital recording exclusively now. There is no magnetic tape, and I have yet to pick up any of those old odd anamolies.

Translation?

It seems that I can make a safe assumption now that the recording process and the materials used during it are often the culprit.

The two other people I go ghost hunting with supposedly got some good evps this past weekend in Gettysburg... as soon as I get a hold of them, I'll post them...

I'm a musician by hobby and I've spent years recording in my own home studio.

When I used to record way back when....it was all analog. Magnetic tape. Once in a while during a recording session, I'd pick up some off the wall things during silent periods of the song. A couple of things almost sounded like voices, but I couldn't understand any language or anything.

However, I use digital recording exclusively now. There is no magnetic tape, and I have yet to pick up any of those old odd anamolies.

Translation?

It seems that I can make a safe assumption now that the recording process and the materials used during it are often the culprit.

388820[/snapback]

[/quot

No you are just as likely to pick up evp's using Digital equipment....try it...ask some questions and see what happens !!!!

Enjoy and come back to this thread to let me know what you think of the subject.

It is interesting. (Thanks for the url. original.gif) I'd have to see if for myself, though. A lot of the stuff they're saying is a matter of their word. Also, the weird pictures taken under the "illuminator" don't seem all that convincing to me. He says they only show up on Polaroids, but that makes me wonder if it isn't just the effect of that electron field distorting the developing negative.

Don't mean to be a naysayer. I just think it's important to be skeptical about things like this. We'll never be able to figure out anything about the unknown if we aren't careful about the evidence we take into consideration.

And, of course, I AM from Missouri. tongue.gif

(It's known as "The Show-Me State".)

Loretta

Enjoy and come back to this thread to let me know what you think of the subject.

It is interesting. (Thanks for the url. original.gif) I'd have to see if for myself, though. A lot of the stuff they're saying is a matter of their word. Also, the weird pictures taken under the "illuminator" don't seem all that convincing to me. He says they only show up on Polaroids, but that makes me wonder if it isn't just the effect of that electron field distorting the developing negative.

Don't mean to be a naysayer. I just think it's important to be skeptical about things like this. We'll never be able to figure out anything about the unknown if we aren't careful about the evidence we take into consideration.

And, of course, I AM from Missouri. tongue.gif

(It's known as "The Show-Me State".)

Loretta

392189[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more Elfstone.I joined on that site forum as a sceptic (kinda) and at times i think they get annoyed at me coz of the questions i keep asking.Nevertheless there is definitely somethig to it .Did you read any of the books available online there ?.The thing about it is that all these people seem to me to be very very genuine and a lot have scientific backgrounds......also they are not out screaming and shouting to make money out of it......most of these bodies are non-profit.Of couse there are the books ...but if you want to get the word out i spose you have to write books ?.It all comes down to wether the people behind it are trustworthy or not and the deeper i've gone into it the more trustworthy they seem.......not 100% in yet though

It all comes down to wether the people behind it are trustworthy or not and the deeper i've gone into it the more trustworthy they seem.......not 100% in yet though

I haven't had a chance to read any of the books yet. I'm not saying it's not real, just that I'm a bit cautious about believing it. As someone said earlier on this thread, the human mind is prone to trying to make sense of chaos. This can lead to both visual and aural illusions. It's just going to have to get to a point where the phenomena can be reproduced in a laboratory under test conditions, I guess.

The idea of dead researchers helping out from the other side is an interesting one, and, of course, it's not new. After the deaths of FW Meyers and some of the other founders of the SPR there were the "Cross Correspondences" which even critics have never been able to explain away.

Incidentally, speaking of the mind playing tricks with sounds and pictures, I have a picture that may be a ghost. I took it (don't laugh!) in a haunted Taco Bell I worked at for years. I was playing around with my new digital cameral one night just before leaving. The kid who was working with me saw a face in the little display on the camera and we freaked and ran out tongue.gif but when I looked at it I didn't see anything. Weeks later (there's a bit more to this story, but I'll cut it short) I had it on my computer with my other pictures and happened to glance at it right and I'll be darned if it doesn't look like there's a face there.

Some people don't see anything, some see it right away, and some don't see it, but then look at the picture right and it pops out at them. (It's funny, because you can tell by their face when they first see it!) I still can't decide if there's something there or it's just an illusion. If anyone wants to see it, I'll post it sometime. Someone might need to tell me how. cool.gif

user posted image

Some people don't see anything, some see it right away, and some don't see it, but then look at the picture right and it pops out at them. (It's funny, because you can tell by their face when they first see it!) I still can't decide if there's something there or it's just an illusion. If anyone wants to see it, I'll post it sometime. Someone might need to tell me how

so true. we see that you have met the dirty gnome

I've attempted it several times, but so far nothing.

394398[/snapback]

They say that most people dont get anything straight away and there are lots of stories about people who were just about to give up (read sara esteps profile on worlditc) when it happened.

To be honest i'm too sh** scared to try it myself because i have a feeling that i would connect immediately........Friedrich Jurgensen used to connect between 7 and 9 at night .....seems the position of the moon has a lot to do with it.....go figgir !

good luck with it let us know how you get on

An interesting subject. I have listened to many so-called EVP recordings presented by others on web sites but I can in no way verify their authenticity. Tried it once myself with no results, but trying just once dosen't mean much I suppose. What I would like to see is a serious scientific inquiry into this.