Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Windows 7 vs. Windows 10

acute

I would say the newer your software the more refined the hidden spyware is. So, to upgrade may sound great and all and you get new e-gadgets but the trade-off is more invasive monitoring systems invading your personal network. Soon Microsoft is going to own your nervous system.

• Like 2

I upgraded. Screw 8.1. 10 is much better. I don't have any speednissues like another poster said. If anything, my system is faster and more responsive.

Plus I can talk to my pc and make Cortana do everything for me.

I upgraded to 10, my speed issues with 8.1 seem better now.

Edited by shaddow134

My sentiment entirely. Ive got a big powerful desktop with XP pro sp3, and a laptop running win 7. I didnt like win 7 to start and had to switch it too 'classic view' or whatever....so it ran a bit more like XP. Couldn't get used to moving the mouse and have pages vanish and re-appear :lol:

I used to run Windows XP on my desktop computer but since Microsoft dropped support last year I switched to Ubuntu Linux.

It's more secure, completely free and works quite well for my needs. XP is pretty much dead and will be full of holes as time goes on.

Windows 7, with Int Explorer 11, is a good combination so I'll stick not twist.

Isshhh, there are far better choices for a browser one can use instead of Internet Explorer.. Firefox, Google Chrome or Opera for exemple..

Edited by Phenix20

I upgraded. Screw 8.1. 10 is much better. I don't have any speednissues like another poster said. If anything, my system is faster and more responsive.

Plus I can talk to my pc and make Cortana do everything for me.

Oh yes, that sounds a really useful gimmick feature.
  • Like 1

As it is I am still hearing uncomfortable secrets , granted that they are not verified , that the recent US nation wide airport and stock exchange computer system break down is due to no less than a 'system wide upgrade' gone awry ... any guesses ?

• google headlines link

Oh yes, that sounds a really useful gimmick feature.

I'll take gimmicks over a ****ty os designed for tablets and phones any day.

Sorry, I'd feel like a right plonker talking to my computer. It's like my stupid phone had this idiotic default setting where when you turned it on it said "Say "Hi Galaxy" to wake me up". God, what a cringeworthy anthropomorphic gimmick. I disabled it as quickly as I possibly could.

• Like 2

Thank you for all the comments. Very helpful.

So far, there are no good reasons to dump 7 for 10.

(Like Norbert, I don't have a need for Cortana. The same goes for facial recognition, gadgets, sidebars, and free bloatware)

• Like 1

And those fingerprint ID apps :

~

And those fingerprint ID apps :

~

which can be worrying. A lot of people would have a fit if they had to give the cops their fingerprints for nothing.... but hey,.. make an app... and people cant wait to do it

• Like 9

I hate the idea of my laptop watching me and listening to me.

I prefer to do the watching and listening!

Edited by acute
  • Like 4

It seems that most people like windows 7, and are not upgrading, so what will Microsoft do if they don't get the reponse they want for windows 10. All they want to do is sell P.C's, so when their sales go down they will have to take some kind of action, like maybe crash windows 7.

• Like 2

We'll have to move that one to the Conspiracy Theories section, spud!

;)

• Like 2

It seems that most people like windows 7, and are not upgrading, so what will Microsoft do if they don't get the reponse they want for windows 10. All they want to do is sell P.C's, so when their sales go down they will have to take some kind of action, like maybe crash windows 7.

That or they will take 7 - add a few bells and whistles, change a few small items to look different and sell it as Windows 11...

• Like 2

That or they will take 7 - add a few bells and whistles, change a few small items to look different and sell it as Windows 11...

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. :yes:

• Like 1

We should all sit among the board of directors at Microsoft Inc ~

~

• Like 4

I've got a few friends whining about it already. They are complaining about YouTube being a separate app and such. I asked them if their versions of Windows 7 were working okay and they said, "Yeah, it was working great until I upgraded."

My response: "Well the why the heck did you upgrade then?"

To me, a viable computer upgrade is a new video card, tons more memory and ssd drives. New improved hardware is where it's at for me. If your OS works and does what it's supposed to do then don't mess with it. If you want to 'experiment' with new operating systems just to play, then build an alternate 'test environment' PC like I did.

Edit to add: Now THIS is what I consider a nice upgrade. :w00t:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2923033/ram-for-the-rich-and-nerdy-128gb-ddr4-memory-kits-become-reality.html

Edited by BiffSplitkins
  • Like 3

So far, there are no good reasons to dump 7 for 10.

(Like Norbert, I don't have a need for Cortana. )

I'll wait for the upgrade to Sierra. Although I think I'll give Mondeo a miss.

(British Ford car joke.)

• Like 2

Just found this...

http://money.cnn.com...ense/index.html

If I understand it, It seems that Win10 stores your wifi password up on some cloud server, and allows your "friends" to use it to log into your wifi... Does not sound secure to me at all...

Just one more reason why I have no friends.
  • Like 6

Just found this...

http://money.cnn.com...ense/index.html

If I understand it, It seems that Win10 stores your wifi password up on some cloud server, and allows your "friends" to use it to log into your wifi... Does not sound secure to me at all...

as somebody said above: if it ain't broken, don't fix it!

I just saw a story which says that micro Soft are proudly proclaiming that Windows 10 was successfully installed on 14 million devices in the first 24 Hours. Now bearing in mind the number of Devices in the world, that doesn't actually sound a terrifically huge number, does it?

Considering the lukewarm interest and feedback when it was announced those are pretty healthy numbers ... but then again 10 million of those are probably associates and business partners in some way form or manner ~