Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vaccine offers 100% Ebola protection

Still Waters

An Ebola vaccine provided 100-percent protection in a field trial in hard-hit Guinea, researchers and officials said Friday, mooting "the beginning of the end" of the killer West African outbreak.

The world is "on the verge of an effective Ebola vaccine," the World Health Organization (WHO) said, hailing the results from the first efficacy test of the VSV-ZEBOV vaccine among people living in a high-danger zone.

"This is an extremely promising development," added WHO chief Margaret Chan.

https://uk.news.yaho...91.html#d0c7QuL

• Like 4

ain't holding my breath ~ kinda heard of such claims more often than not over the years ... where are they on the AIDs cure ? Seems like years ago when the vaccine was also on some 'verge' ...

~

• Like 1

It never ceases to amaze me: as soon as it reaches the West a remedy or vaccine is developed.....

Edited by questionmark
  • Like 4

Enter anti-vaxxers to condemn it.

I think its great, hope it works.

• Like 2

It never ceases to amaze me: as soon as it reaches the West a remedy or vaccine is developed.....

Not really or there would be a cure for HIV.

Not really or there would be a cure for HIV.

Cancer drug flushes dormant HIV out of hiding in the body

Read more

Any other questions?

The trial took place in Guinea.

Unintentional pun aside, this is wonderful news.

• Like 1

That is great. But really, sanitation and proper corpse handling seems to do a great job of preventing this virus in the United States.

As I said before: German TV (ARD) just reports that the vaccine was known to be effective in monkeys 10 years ago...

It took some Ebola to get to the "civilization" before they got it off the shelf again...

Cancer drug flushes dormant HIV out of hiding in the body

Read more

Any other questions?

I

As I said before: German TV (ARD) just reports that the vaccine was known to be effective in monkeys 10 years ago...

It took some Ebola to get to the "civilization" before they got it off the shelf again...

Thats the way life is. The poor nations are out of luck.Like you said. The US doesnt worry about it til it hits our shores. Sucks but true.