Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bishopville's 'lizard man' is back!

BeastieRunner

http://www.abcnews4....led-sc-creature

The fabled Bishopville swamp creature known as Lizard Man appears to have surfaced again Sunday afternoon.

Sarah, a Sumter woman who says she went to church with a friend Sunday morning, stepped out of the sanctuary to see the Lizard Man running along the tree line.

So she did what anyone else would do -- took a picture with her phone.

"My hand to God, I am not making this up," she wrote in an email to the ABC News 4 newsroom. "So excited!"

She says they were just a mile or so from Scape Ore Swamp, the site of a similar spotting of what may also be the Lizard Man in May.

Here's the video link: http://www.abcnews4....3/lizard-manmp4

• Like 1

I've been wondering what happened to the lizard man. Been a very long times since I've heard anything. lol

• Like 2

I saw the lizard man (SC resident) back in the 90's. However I'd been up for two days straight and pumped full of Jolt cola. LOL

• Like 2

I saw the lizard man (SC resident) back in the 90's. However I'd been up for two days straight and pumped full of Jolt cola. LOL

Jolt and Surge ... the 90s nerd drink staple.

• Like 3

jolt.jpg

All I need is some 16 bit video games and x-files. Down a couple of these and go lizardman hunting. lol

• Like 1

Lizardman is back? Where did he go? Oh yeah he was hung up in the closet til money and tourists were needed :)

• Like 2

Gonna be pretty funny when someone shoots some knucklehead in a lizard costume. Well, not funny for the lizard man, but otherwise pretty funny.

• Like 2

I wonder what a costume like that costs?

j17l91.jpg
  • Like 8

That suit just has me cracking up.

Yep. Worst Lizardman Ever!

Yeah ... I can't believe we haven't had a "Bigfoot" or similar shot yet in America.

I wonder how that court case would go?

Edited by BeastieRunner
  • Like 1

The being's movements seem to stutter almost as if it were running at a slower frame rate compared to the camera's.

Looks legit, short grainy film shot with no context or setup, so guy just walking around woods with camera.

Lame.

Is it just me, or does that "lizard man" seem like two feet tall.

Looks legit, short grainy film shot with no context or setup, so guy just walking around woods with camera.

It's fake but cmon, that's the worst excuse i ever read.

i go hiking each week during summer and i always have my camera with me. i stop sometime to take picture or movie of the woods because the trees are beautiful, because of the light that come through the leaves, etc.

nothing exceptionnal about this. plus if it was real (which is not), he could have seen the mofo just before, took his camera and begin filming in his direction.

Whenever I go raccoon hunting I also make sure I don't do any actual hunting, but just wander around the woods videoing everything at random. :mellow:

Edited by Leonardo

Whenever I go raccoon hunting I also make sure I don't do any actual hunting, but just wander around the woods videoing everything at random. :mellow:

Seems like most of the "aliens" and "bigfoot" videos are like that these days. There must be a Community College class somewhere teaching this technique.

• Like 2

Har har. How ridiculous. Whatever next. We undertook investigations, me and my colleagues - we're only a bunch of milkmen - but we're interested in these kinds of cases, real intriguing, ye know. Christopher Davis admitted to us that it was his childhood sweetheart Sally, they've been dating for something like two and a half years, dressed up in a frock, the frills acting like a lizard's neck frill. Real smart actually, clever chap. She was awful hot in the attire though, she fainted from heat exhaustion a few seconds after this clip ends. He'd written out an entire script for her, spent months on the thing, the final copy was his sixth re-write I believe. Made her go through the whole thing on this day, but only filmed this infamous 24 seconds. Poor Sally, it seems she really gets put through a lot of ordeals just to please Christopher Davis and his childish whims. Part of me thinks that's the reason they're together though. She likes to dress-up and act, likes the attention, and he needs a performing monkey. They're perfect for each other when you think about it.

That must be soon pretty bright moonlight... seeing how he's supposed to be coon hunting.

• Like 1

Should have put Christopher in the smock and let Sally tape it. Maybe he'd have lasted longer, and been more on script.