Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Latest Pic from Mars. Where's Waldo?

Varelse

<snipped image>

So you are saying?

I am trying to figure out the point of this, what would you like to discuss in this thread?

Cheers,

Badeskov

I blew this way up on a 42" HD monitor from here: http://www.huffingto...kusaolp00000592

Where they point out one case of pareidolia for the crab I found it pretty cool that there are at least two other "crabs" in crevices I could detect. One is straight above the highlighted one on the next ledge up. Another smaller one is way off to the left.

Other areas to check out: The sand below the circled image (in the article, not this photo) has shifted slightly there but no where else. The overhanging rock just above it and to the right looks like its seeping something.

But it can't be anything more than optical illusion. They said so.

Edited by Varelse
  • Like 2

So you are saying?

I am trying to figure out the point of this, what would you like to discuss in this thread?

Cheers,

Badeskov

I couldn't get the text and link in for some reason. It's above this post. Enjoy.

In the movie Apollo18 the aliens were rocks :P

Edited by Anomalocaris
  • Like 5

I feel dumber having read this thread....

How can that be possible?

• Like 3

Do we have to spot the alien or something?

Edited by Norbert the Incredible
  • Like 2

I can't see nothing but rocks.....

Pish posh - :rolleyes:

0710MR0030150070402501E01_DXXX_zpswswfsmca.png

:P

Must have had it's cloaking device turned on, damn those Romulan crabs from mars...

• Like 1

The problem with rocks on Mars, is after you get over they're on Mars, they're just rocks. *sigh* I prefer the Mars of my adolescence. 150315.jpg

• Like 1

Noone seems to have highlighted the "crab" in the OP photo. Ignore the commentary of the video above, it shows the anomaly zoomed in.

Rather strange rock formation IMO

• Like 3

Thanks Professor. I figured (incorrectly) people would follow the link I posted to see the highlighted photo and come back to zoom in on it in the OP's photo. I took it up to 500% and still think it looks weird. Not really sure it's pareidolia just yet. Looks more like a plant than a crab though.

• Like 1

Noone seems to have highlighted the "crab" in the OP photo. Ignore the commentary of the video above, it shows the anomaly zoomed in.

How about a Cave painting!

My skeptical sense tells me no, but it was cool to think about it :D

Edited by Anomalocaris

I hope Mars has crabs, I love steamed crabs. But then again if they're the other kind of crabs we'd be better off to carry a little Blue Star with us when we finally go there. :w00t::tu:

i looked at the link, and at the images here, zoomed in. and i saw... blobs. vague shapes. the same as all the other pictures like this.

some thing to consider: how would a large, multi cellular animal like this be able survive or even exist on mars?

• Like 2

But it can't be anything more than optical illusion. They said so.

Sooooo you really believe that there are plants and crabs on mars?

It is weird looking for sure..

Edited by seeder
  • Like 4