Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Latest Pic from Mars. Where's Waldo?

Varelse

Zeek, the errors in your arguments, logic and beliefs are unfortunately glaring. Glittering Generalities, False Analogy, Faulty Cause and Effect, Evading the Issue and Arguing from Ignorance come to mind.

There are people who fear the discovery of life outside our planet, especially intelligent life. But they don't and can't control everyone and everything. The number of people who would be involved in such a CT, especially over time, would be huge. And like others have mentioned, the US is not the only country in space. Take godless China or Russia, the fractured nation, for example. Surely a trustworthy group from their former or ongoing programs has some of this evidence that's constantly being filtered by NASA to share with the world?

Or is NASA the only space program to run across this stuff? What you're saying just doesn't add up. National conspiracies are hard enough to keep secret over time. Global ones? Impossible. For now the photo over-enhancement explanation holds the most water on this topic. I say we get to the next one.

• Like 3

The point is well taken about the guide at JPL. I visited the clean room where landers and satellites were constructed. The views are from the second or third floor, down and through thick glass. A lot of the tools and equipment would not be out of place in an appliance or car repair shop. Everything is super clean but not all white like a hospital. I have a university degree and this woman spoke with the authority of a professor with long experience and intimate knowledge of the subject. My guess is that she had some connection with Cal Tech. Her companion interrupted a couple of times almost like a 'minder' with 'clarifications' concerning NASA's Mars protocols. She spoke for about 20 minutes. She and her minder walked away and I could see that they were having an animated conversation not altogether friendly. .

I won't try and add to what Varelse posted because he pretty much covered everything succinctly and adroitly. All I will ask, again, is did you and your crew of "stunned" believers go after this woman that you, obviously, know nothing about? I have asked this question three times now and received no answer. Did you even question her? Were you asked to leave?

Edited by Merc14

I keep two tropical crab tanks. They are incredibly versatile, they can vanish for weeks and appear later. Others spend their entire life outside water in my tanks.

I can't say these are crabs on Mars but I reckon they could adapt to waterless conditions. What doesn't add up is the food source but they baffle me in my tanks what they eat.

Spiders are hairy crabs, their meat tastes similiar I hear, and the physique resemblance is there beyond fur and shell. We do have landcrabs.

Who knows if Mars has water underground? I don't, haven't drilled there myself so can't really say, you know.

What is really amazing is not whether we have photos of faces or crabs on Mars, but the fact that we have these photos at all.Close ups of the surface of Mars- that is wonderful enough, without any embellishments.

• Like 3

Someone is bound to find a Bigfoot in it somewhere.

or Jesus.
  • Like 1

I'm afraid I do not have the 'proof' all of my critics so desire. I am not a space scientist, only an interested person. I have a background in forensics, but yet sometimes best evidence is testimony uncorraborated...a witness was there, she saw, she heard. No physical evidence and even the predicate to the verbs 'saw' and 'heard' is missing. Juries have convicted on less. In error, possibly, the guide spelled out NASA Mars protocols. A. Was she telling the truth? B. Is it, in fact, the truth? C. I was there...I saw, I heard D. Do I believe what she said?

What you think is not relevent, neither are my beliefs except to say that despite all this recent give and go, yes, I have my doubts, too. But remember, the initials 'NASA,' have only half-jokingly been referred to as 'never a straight answer.' Come to Pasadena on January 1, 2016 and I'll look for you at the Rose Parade and Rose Bowl game. Oh, my wolf picture is a "canis dirus" , dire wolf, seen at the George Paige Museum in Los Angeles on Wilshire. This is the site of the LA Brea tar pits next to LACMA, Los Angeles County Museum of Art and across the street from the Petersen Auto Museum. zw

• Like 1

I'm afraid I do not have the 'proof' all of my critics so desire. I am not a space scientist, only an interested person. I have a background in forensics, but yet sometimes best evidence is testimony uncorraborated...a witness was there, she saw, she heard. No physical evidence and even the predicate to the verbs 'saw' and 'heard' is missing. Juries have convicted on less. In error, possibly, the guide spelled out NASA Mars protocols. A. Was she telling the truth? B. Is it, in fact, the truth? C. I was there...I saw, I heard D. Do I believe what she said?

What you think is not relevent, neither are my beliefs except to say that despite all this recent give and go, yes, I have my doubts, too. But remember, the initials 'NASA,' have only half-jokingly been referred to as 'never a straight answer.' Come to Pasadena on January 1, 2016 and I'll look for you at the Rose Parade and Rose Bowl game. Oh, my wolf picture is a "canis dirus" , dire wolf, seen at the George Paige Museum in Los Angeles on Wilshire. This is the site of the LA Brea tar pits next to LACMA, Los Angeles County Museum of Art and across the street from the Petersen Auto Museum. zw

I'm lost.

• Like 2

Did Y`all miss place about Three pages of text on this thread ? Im even Lost ? And Thats Saying sumptin !!!

I'm afraid I do not have the 'proof' all of my critics so desire.

We kind of knew that. In fact, it was pretty obvious.

I am not a space scientist, only an interested person.

That much was pretty obvious as well.

I have a background in forensics, but yet sometimes best evidence is testimony uncorraborated...a witness was there, she saw, she heard. No physical evidence and even the predicate to the verbs 'saw' and 'heard' is missing. Juries have convicted on less.

This is not a jury of a court of law. This is a jury of science, which have much higher standards.

In error, possibly, the guide spelled out NASA Mars protocols. A. Was she telling the truth? B. Is it, in fact, the truth? C. I was there...I saw, I heard D. Do I believe what she said?

Sure.

What you think is not relevent, neither are my beliefs except to say that despite all this recent give and go, yes, I have my doubts, too. But remember, the initials 'NASA,' have only half-jokingly been referred to as 'never a straight answer.'

On the bolded part, only the ignorant not knowing how NASA actually works would say such. People that know how NASA works, have worked with NASA and the affiliated research institutions would never utter such. It is basically a statement saying "I have no clue how science works nor a clue of the mind set of scientists". This is where you really show that you have neither education nor experience in this field.

Come to Pasadena on January 1, 2016 and I'll look for you at the Rose Parade and Rose Bowl game. Oh, my wolf picture is a "canis dirus" , dire wolf, seen at the George Paige Museum in Los Angeles on Wilshire. This is the site of the LA Brea tar pits next to LACMA, Los Angeles County Museum of Art and across the street from the Petersen Auto Museum. zw

What????? :wacko:

Cheers,

Badeskov

Would it be asking a bit much to hope for a more or less comprehensible answer if I asked once again what this supposed JPl/NASA/Whoever guide let slip about something or other that they weren't supposed to reveal?

Would it be asking a bit much to hope for a more or less comprehensible answer if I asked once again what this supposed JPl/NASA/Whoever guide let slip about something or other that they weren't supposed to reveal?

Yes, but one thing's for sure. Go to the La Brea tar pits and the museum. That's certainly worth it. In fact, almost any museum is worth it, though I've been to a few that were clunkers, but most of them in Southern Cal are worth their weight in gold. Places like the Getty, the Huntington Library, just to name two. There are probably thousands, certainly hundreds, in the region worth visiting.

The rest of the person's message is....you decide.

What is really amazing is not whether we have photos of faces or crabs on Mars, but the fact that we have these photos at all.Close ups of the surface of Mars- that is wonderful enough, without any embellishments.

Well said..

Giant crab psssshhh... everyone missed the actual freaky picture here... Super Saiyan Monkey statue?... Now we are ****ed!

supersaiyanfound.jpg

supersaiyanonmars.jpg

Edited by Silver Surfer

Warning, possible post derailment :

What I have trouble understanding, is if there were anything to actually hide by NASA or "The Government", why hide it from the public? It seems to me (and I am a believer in life and intelligent life beyond Earth and in the universe) that a narrative and proof of life existing in the universe would only drive home a message that we need to explore further and unite as "one people" on our planet. Conspiracy theories about governments keeping evidence from the people are fun sci-fi, but they make little sense to me.

What I have trouble understanding, is if there were anything to actually hide by NASA or "The Government", why hide it from the public? It seems to me (and I am a believer in life and intelligent life beyond Earth and in the universe) that a narrative and proof of life existing in the universe would only drive home a message that we need to explore further and unite as "one people" on our planet. Conspiracy theories about governments keeping evidence from the people are fun sci-fi, but they make little sense to me.

If they had contacted intelligent life from another planet, then the government would had asked them for a map of planets and galaxies etc., and give something in trade. It's better to do that if you want to explore space, than to just build expensive rockets. Use those resources for research instead of risky exploration missions.

If the government gave something in trade, something they couldn't speak about, like permission and facilities to mutilate and toy with humans for research purposes, or took up certain policies, then it's understandable they'd be quite hesitant to reveal the affair.

Who's gonna believe a guy with a nick posting about a tour guide who spilled the beans, or a homeless man from Finland pulling hypotheses out of his rectum? The latter would be me.

Well exactly,that's what they always say, it would do wonders for NASA's budget to discover proof of life in the Solar system, wouldn't it. It makes no sense at all to cover it up, and if they did want to cover something up they'd just not release the pictures that happened to show whatever it might be, not try to tamper with them or something silly like that.

Well exactly,that's what they always say, it would do wonders for NASA's budget to discover proof of life in the Solar system, wouldn't it. It makes no sense at all to cover it up, and if they did want to cover something up they'd just not release the pictures that happened to show whatever it might be, not try to tamper with them or something silly like that.

But NASA isn't independent, it's under government authority. At least if they start to discuss who REALLY calls the shots.

Aliens: we got maps of all interesting galaxies and planets and all the new tech, you can spend that NASA money on fun stuff like nukes and humanitarian aid to Africa, and tax refunds for the riches.

Govt: what do you want in return?

Aliens: A place where we can experiment with your race, and we think we know better than you how to govern your race so you should let us tell you a few things...

Along those lines. I dont know why'd aliens make bargains with government if they could enslave us all, but think about how Cortez "conquered" latin america: divide and conquer. If they wanted to conquer us with minimum effort, they'd first make us wage a big war on one another. And right now NATO's being pretty aggressive, everyone got an opinion on why.

And yes, this is speculation, but so is everything about aliens.

But NASA isn't independent, it's under government authority. At least if they start to discuss who REALLY calls the shots.

Uhm, no. Just wrong on so many count. It is Government funded, which is completely different. In fact, a lot of the projects under the NASA umbrella are not run by NASA, but various independent research institutions in the US. Please do learn a bit about NASA, will you?

Aliens: we got maps of all interesting galaxies and planets and all the new tech, you can spend that NASA money on fun stuff like nukes and humanitarian aid to Africa, and tax refunds for the riches.

Govt: what do you want in return?

Aliens: A place where we can experiment with your race, and we think we know better than you how to govern your race so you should let us tell you a few things...

No idea what this means.

Along those lines. I dont know why'd aliens make bargains with government if they could enslave us all, but think about how Cortez "conquered" latin america: divide and conquer. If they wanted to conquer us with minimum effort, they'd first make us wage a big war on one another. And right now NATO's being pretty aggressive, everyone got an opinion on why.

This makes no sense either.

And yes, this is speculation, but so is everything about aliens.

Yes, a very true statement - all we have about ET is speculation so far.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 4

Although people look to the US and NASA as the only space agency out there we have to remember that there are space agencies in many countries. A few larger ones to mention are in Russia, China, Japan, and the European Space Agency. There are many astronomers, both professional and amateur.

Yet, people only mention NASA. What happened to all of the rest of the contributions from around the world? What nation landed probes on Venus? What nation just sent a probe to Mars? What nation sent a probe to fly with a comet? Where has the Japanese space program sent probes? Which countries have sent a person into space? (I mean which countries did the launch?)

The idea of a cover up is based on not understanding how many people in how many countries need to be in on the conspiracy. It's huge.

• Like 3

Although people look to the US and NASA as the only space agency out there we have to remember that there are space agencies in many countries. A few larger ones to mention are in Russia, China, Japan, and the European Space Agency. There are many astronomers, both professional and amateur.

Yet, people only mention NASA. What happened to all of the rest of the contributions from around the world? What nation landed probes on Venus? What nation just sent a probe to Mars? What nation sent a probe to fly with a comet? Where has the Japanese space program sent probes? Which countries have sent a person into space? (I mean which countries did the launch?)

The idea of a cover up is based on not understanding how many people in how many countries need to be in on the conspiracy. It's huge.

You have - as usual - made an excellent point stereo.

I agree, far too big for too long for there to be such a tight lock down on credible and undeniable evidence. I too watch Netflix, Ancient Aliens, and the "far out there" section of YouTube, and the older I get (I'm 36) the less likely it seems that humans are capable of holding on to such big secrets...lol. We're horrible gossips by nature!

• Like 1

You have - as usual - made an excellent point stereo.

I think I make a good point once in a while. In between I ramble.

Many people try to claim that the government hides aliens from us because it would cause panic. I don't think that is credible. If we were to think about this on a Hollywood level we would be thinking about the scenes in Independence Day where people were partying in anticipation of the arrival of the aliens. I think people are so used to the idea of aliens in movies that they are habituated to the idea.

If I were to give a nonhuman equivalent we might think of animals that live in cities along with humans. These are rats and pigeons and squirrels in many places. In the wild we see whales and gorillas. These animals have in part become used to or habituated to humans.

I think humans have become habituated to the idea of aliens. Being habituated means we tolerate, but do not necessarily trust the idea of aliens just as animals in cities or parks remain wary of humans.

• Like 2