Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WONDERING WHY

scipherel

I'm not dancing around any issue. Why are you asking to begin with? When you believe in something other than yourself then we'll talk.

Better yet, when you actually believe in God, then we can talk about.

Edited by Ashley-Star*Child

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashley-Star*Child

• Stellar

• Shadowsleet

• Insight

Whats this got to do with the price of fish?

It's meant to be frightening I guess, though thats not the reason I have it...it's a prop from the Bram Stoker's Dracula movie.

I'm just commenting, aren't I allowed to do that?

389823[/snapback]

Of course. It just seemed as though you were having an unprovoked jab...nevermind thumbsup.gif

I'm not dancing around any issue. Why are you asking to begin with? When you believe in something other than yourself then we'll talk.

Better yet, when you actually believe in God, then we can talk about.

I see... so you have no way of knowing thats the way it is, and its simply a belief! Thanks for finally admitting it!

He created humanity and He can destroy it if He so wishes, what, are YOU going to stop Him? Don't make me laugh

If I saw a parant throw their child to the ground, and start kicking, stomping, punching, and trying to kill them, then I would most certainly try to stop them. Creating a living thing does not give you the right to kill it.

For that matter, creating a thing does not give you the right to make that thing worship you as something more divine than you are. God, a jealous, wrathful, hateful being, is certainly not divine, and certainly not worthy of my worship. If god were to exist, I'd find him rather sickening and contemptable tongue.gif

So yes, if we were to assume god was an actual entity, and he were to come down from on high and start slaughtering people whimsically, as he is won't to do, then I would most certainly try and fight him, as I'm sure many would.

No Stellar, it's not just a belief, it's the way it is.

Seraphina, I hate to tell you this, but God DOES have the right to do whatever He wants, and not even fallen angels are stupid enough to fight Him. The war in Heaven was between angels, they wouldn't dare fight God, because they know that they would lose, in every way possible.

So, you saying that, after what you have just read, what would you imagine would happen to you if you did such a thing? I tell you, that you a mortal, would not come out victorious againt God who created you. They have places for people who imagine such things, and the confines and grotesque punishments aren't of this world.

Edited by Ashley-Star*Child

So, by your logic, people should have just let Hitler do whatever he wanted, no matter how evil he clearly was, because of the very real possibility that he would beat them?

Man, you're a coward huh.gif

If god did turn out to be real, then I would also be standing with Sera and countless others to fight him off. Power does not make one right, and standing up for justice, regardless of whether or not you'll win, is what I believe a human being should do.

I could not call myself a living, thinking human being, if I sat back and watched my species be ruthlessly oppressed and murdered by an overrated bully, such as the god you seem to beleive in. Winning or losing is irrelevant, I'd be quite satisfied knowing I died defending those I love from the greatest evil that has ever existed.

Ahh, but God is no humanly power. We're talking on different wavelengths here.

I could not call myself a living, thinking human being, if I sat back and watched my species be ruthlessly oppressed and murdered by an overrated bully, such as the god you seem to beleive in. Winning or losing is irrelevant, I'd be quite satisfied knowing I died defending those I love from the greatest evil that has ever existed.

Who ever said God was a human being? I've already told you He's NOT. God is GOD. Not human. Humans die and perish, God has always existed, and always will exist. Generations of humanity live, die and perish, but God is and always will be.

And despite his eternal life, he's never grown out of his petty, wrathful, evil, tyranical, backwards, oppressive, hypocrytical, murdering nature?

No Stellar, it's not just a belief, it's the way it is.

How do you know it's the way it is?

And despite his eternal life, he's never grown out of his petty, wrathful, evil, tyranical, backwards, oppressive, hypocrytical, murdering nature?

Hes stuck in childhood!

You know, I don't mind the Christian god....for the most part anyway....while I myself can read the bible and thing "what a loony", I can understand people who simply ignore this, and choose to worship a loving, caring god, utterly unconnected with the guy described in the bible. Most Christians fall into this catagory.

What gets to me, however, is the ones who not only acklowedge how tyranical the bible god is, but actually support it, and argue in his favour in some kind of "might is right" ideal.

The Creator would willingly do no harm to his creations, he does not interfere with us, having given us true free will (unlike the Hebrew Demon). The Hebrew Demon has quite a field record of harming all creation (why destroy all life in a flood to get rid of one small species, when he could have tailored a man-specific 100% deadly plague and made Noah and his family immune) and mankind specifically. Some God you have there, he puts Satan to shame with his evil...Incidentally, I hold him to the same standard of conduct that he holds me. I am not a "Do as I say, not as I do" type of person! Thank the Creator that the truth is finally coming out on your religion! rolleyes.gif

Again I ask, who are you to judge? Does a child judge his father and punish him, or does his father judge and punish the child for stepping out of line? I tell you it's the latter. Yes, human fathers are a bad example, but as I've said before, God does love and forgive, but He's not going to put up with arogance, insolence, and outright disrespect just because some human tells Him to. It just doesn't work like that. When you love the Father, the Father will love you in return. Turn against Him and he'll turn against you.

Does a child judge his father and punish him, or does his father judge and punish the child for stepping out of line

Does the father have the right to terrorise and muder their child for stepping out of line?

When you love the Father, the Father will love you in return. Turn against Him and he'll turn against you.

what a God you worship! I will love my children, no matter what, until my dying breath and maybe even afterwards (Deism afterlife is not like the Xian's). I hold your God to the same standard of conduct that he holds mankind! Since he really is real, I am not overly worried about him being angry with me anyway. You on the other hand had better worry about Islam being the real religion! rolleyes.gif

when he could have tailored a man-specific 100% deadly plague and made Noah and his family immune

What? The flood was to kill the Nephillim, and because the then fallen angels had been with women, and poluted humanity, God got just a *little* upset with all the crap that was going on and decided they weren't worth the trouble. He WAS going to wipe out humankind, BUT, and ONLY but, because God found favour with Enoch's grandson Noah....

Here read it for yourself:

Genesis 7

1 The LORD then said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation. 2 Take with you seven [1] of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and two of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate, 3 and also seven of every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive throughout the earth. 4 Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made."

And God had the right to do that. Now, notice how He kept several pairs of EVERY living thing He made? I would say that plague idea you've got is irrelevant.

God also said He would never do that again (and by that I mean, wipe out the ENTIRETY of humankind, which He didn't do anyway, because of Noah) and the convenant of that was the rainbow. And don't start talking about the end and wiping out etc, THAT is a different story.

Read the next post. God does things on a grander scale than humans, because well, you know, like He's GOD. Plus you all worry about death, and God wiping out people. Death is a human concern to begin with. However, afterlife punishment is another story. Maybe that's why people fear death so much to begin with?

What? The flood was to kill the Nephillim, and because the then fallen angels had been with women, and poluted humanity, God got just a *little* upset with all the crap that was going on and decided they weren't worth the trouble.

So he could have tailored the plague to be Human and Nephillim specific, but in his blood-thirsty Hebrew Demon ways he had to destroy everything! Come on, you are grasping a straws to such an extent that you have created quite a hay rick there beside you! Please, your pagan mythology, whether mainstream or Enoch, means absolutely nothing to me and 5/6ths of the world)! whistling2.gif

Again you did not read the part about how He SAVED several pairs of EVERY species - INCLDUING humanity. It is no mythology, and it's most definantly NOT pagan.

You say it isn't a mythology? What's the difference between it, and the Ancient Greek's stories about Thor, and Mount Olympis? huh.gif

So he could have tailored the plague to be Human and Nephillim specific, but in his blood-thirsty Hebrew Demon ways he had to destroy everything! Come on, you are grasping a straws to such an extent that you have created quite a hay rick there beside you! Please, your pagan mythology, whether mainstream or Enoch, means absolutely nothing to me and 5/6ths of the world)!

Or, say, since he knew it would come to that, he could have just made his creation so that he doesnt have to wipe it out later on... You know, cuz hes, like GOD.

It is not anyones GOD doing this to us it is us doing it toourselves. The gift from GOD is" free will". Because its you that seal's your own fate and quit blaming gods. Its like blaming the gun maker for killing the person you shot. It was neither the gun maker or the gun itself that killed, it was you so.......

No, its like blaming the gun seller because, even though the buyer told him "Im gonna go out and kill everyone I can with this gun." and he even took a polygraph to confirm he wasnt lying... the gun seller still gave him the gun.

387414[/snapback]

Well like I have said, You have free will and you are not a puppet on a string. You decide what you want to do with your life and what is written on your heart.Lets put it this way, The GOD in question has drawing a line in the sand and with your free will you will have to decide what side you want to be on. To the statement about murder the bible states you should not murder, it dont say you should not kill. Murder to me atleast is to kill for profit/or to gain from the act. But to kill in defence is not murder. The story is written(the bible) from start to finish and what part we play in it seals your own fate. The fight is between good and evil and not between GOD and mankind, we are just the tools in which its played out with and for. I hope this straightens out what I am trying to say with out going on for pages and pages. I dont think anyone can explain there stance in a little statement but can only state what they are thinking at the time. Peace to all and keep an open mind.

you did not read the part about how He SAVED several pairs of EVERY species - INCLDUING humanity.

big whoops! Bloody Jehova murdered everything in the world in it's billions and trillions but actually saved two of everything. No sweat he wiped out 99.999999999999999% of life, he saved .0000000000000001% of it! Sorry, you just convicted your homicidal God of mass murder!

To the statement about murder the bible states you should not murder, it dont say you should not kill. Murder to me atleast is to kill for profit/or to gain from the act.

No, murder is premeditated and your God being an all knowing God would know how everything was going to turn out, so to kill everything for sin means that he murdered everything. When you talk about the battel between good and evil, you admit that your god is modeled on the Persian concept of a Good God (Jehovah)and an Evil God (Satan). If your God was stronger, there would be no Satan wandering the earth, no matter you bogus explanations!

You say it isn't a mythology? What's the difference between it, and the Ancient Greek's stories about Thor, and Mount Olympis?

About 500 miles across the Mediterrean (as the crow flies) and that is the only difference. They are both pagan mythology! whistling2.gif

The GOD in question has drawing a line in the sand and with your free will you will have to decide what side you want to be on.

Yet, since he knows everything, he made me so that I'd cross that line.

so to kill everything for sin means that he murdered everything."

So when we execute mass murderers in today's society, we are committing murder under this logic. Am I understanding that correctly?

Deism afterlife is not like the Xian's"

Do you even know what it is or when the CHRISTian afterlife begins?

Edited by green_dude777

So when we execute mass murderers in today's society, we are committing murder under this logic. Am I understanding that correctly?

Thats not a very strong argument to use against a man who is against the death pentalty tongue.gif