Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WONDERING WHY

scipherel

Don't pay any attention to Stellar. He'll argue with anyone who will listen.

393435[/snapback]

Jeez, if you're not gonna add anything to the thread and just shoot cheap one liners, why dont you leave and not waste your time?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashley-Star*Child

• Stellar

• Shadowsleet

• Insight

you kids get a long , Don't make me come down there. hehehehe

393983[/snapback]

*laughs at Ninj* okay okay! That last thing I need is the wrath on a ninja!

Anyone else here think it is a bit silly to say the word Xian? Because that word does not apply to me. I believe in Jesus Christ, but as far as Jesus X goes, I don't really know anything about him. It just seems like a bit of a potshot for those who hate the belief.

I mean, I don't believe in Atheism, Evolution, Buddhism, Hinduism, Mormonism, or Taoism. But I don't go so far as to call them Xtheism, Xuddhism, Xinduism, Xormonism, or Xaoism. That just seems rediculous to me. What is so bad about saying Christ even if you don't believe in him? Does his name really bother you that much? I can fully understand if you believe in God but don't acknowledge Christ as the son of God, but is there really any need to call him X? I'm just trying to honestly figure out why people do it.

I don't get offended when people wish me a happy hanukkah, even though I'm not Jewish. Why would someone get offended if I say "Merry Christmas"? Or the word Christian for that matter. It just makes no plausable sense to me.

*shrugs*

when the right substances mix with eachother stuff can be created by accident. look at maggots(the rotten meat in a jar experiment)

Please tell me you don't believe that rotten meat produces maggots....please don't tell me that.

Maggots are the result of eggs laid by flys and various insects. Any grade 6 biology student knows that. Please please don't tell me you believe that if you put fresh meat in a sealed jar, and allow it to rot, that maggots will be produced.

All it takes is one fly to land on the meat once for maggots to grow when the meat decays.

Please don't tell me you believe maggots come from rotton meat.........

If you do believe this, try putting fresh meat in a jar, seal the lid, and leave it there for a month or two.

I really REALLY hope you didn't just say what I thought you did.

Edited by Insight

I'm just trying to honestly figure out why people do it.

It's an abreviation...just like people took to writing "merry Xmas", simply because it was easier to type tongue.gif If you found a similar abreviation of describe athiests, I promise I wouldn't be offended tongue.gif

It dosen't take into account the fact that most of those Christians don't even really practice, they just go to church because it makes them feel good.

391342[/snapback]

Are you saying that is what you do?

391787[/snapback]

Where the **** do you get off insulting my faith just because I don't believe in your little cult book of Enoch? You're just like the old Roman church-"We know God better than any of you, so p*** off and do what we say because it's the only way that's right!"

You have no right to say what God thinks about a certain subject-you're human too, descended from the same sin, you're no better, God won't see you better-so where the hell do you get off insulting my devoution?

Sorry that I don't believe in the world's oldest Fanfiction of a great book.

392274[/snapback]

Well, excuse you, but that 'old Roamn church' you talk of is the same one YOU believe in, that threw out Enoch, and read my new post to find out why. I never said you had to believe in it, but don't feed me sh** that it's fake just because you can't accept it.

And, from your post, it did well sound like you were talking about YOURSELF, seeing as you don't know all that much by way of texts even in the current Bible. And I never questioned your devotion to God in the first place, you don't have to be a practicing ANYTHING, so long as you believe in God, etc.

Edited by Ashley-Star*Child

Because Greek mythology IS mythology, the Bible is NOT.

Why? Simply because you say so? There is no more evidence to support the existance of your god, than there is to support the existance of the gods the ancient greeks worshipped...or the ancient Egyptians...or any culture for that matter.

Just like those cultures, it was once believed that thunder was caused by your god being angry...we now know this to be false. It was believed that earthquakes and other natural disasters were brought about by the same thing, and we also know this to be false. Not once has your religion presented anything to make itself more credible than any of the thousands upon thousands of belief systems that have come before or after it.

So, again, what exactly is it that you're presenting to us that should make us believe your story to be truth, and turn away everyone else's as fiction?

392399[/snapback]

Believe what you want.

you can expect an answer like:"God Told me" It is funny how xians believe in everything that has no proof and things that have proof are fake such is teh logic of religions

Yes, so I've noticed....

I still think it's mad tongue.gif The creationism vs evolution debate, for example, is so utterly redundant, I don't know why it crops up so often - evolution is supported by a mountain of evidence. Creationism is not...in fact, creationism is contradicted by a great deal of evidence. But still they argue for it.

Religion has got to be the ultimate brainwashing tool huh.gif

392416[/snapback]

No, science has got to be the ultimate brainwashing tool huh.gif

And yes, maggots are fly larvae (fly eggs, you know?) not thin air.

Equating humanity with maggots is kinda distgusting to begin with. Then again......

you can expect an answer like:"God Told me" It is funny how xians believe in everything that has no proof and things that have proof are fake such is teh logic of religions

Yes, so I've noticed....

I still think it's mad tongue.gif The creationism vs evolution debate, for example, is so utterly redundant, I don't know why it crops up so often - evolution is supported by a mountain of evidence. Creationism is not...in fact, creationism is contradicted by a great deal of evidence. But still they argue for it.

392416[/snapback]

394095[/snapback]

Why is that?

Why is that?

Because she has a 210 IQ and says so! laugh.gifgrin2.giflaugh.gifgrin2.gifrolleyes.gif Here is another example of a very closed mind that can see only what it wants to see. How can a discipline that requires evidence for any postulation be a brain-washing tool, only something like a rigid system of beliefs that require iterartion and reiteration until the subject can quote the lesson verbatim can be a brainwashing tool - you know, something like an organized, revealed religion such as Christianity, Judaism, or Islam! original.gif

Yes, so I've noticed....

392416[/snapback]

394095[/snapback]

How so? Exploring all possibilities, relearning things, bettering lives... accepting things not to be absolute.... discovering newer things, exploring places never seen.

And when I say bettering lives... Christianity has our government so entrenched with not wanting certain scientific medical treatments. Stem Cells is what I mean. They think it's so heinous, that it would be going against god...

Yet in China, they worked with the new treatment, and it worked. Two people who were paralyzed, one from the US received stem cells in their spines. The female who is chinese took her first steps. The man from the US (who got the treatment way after the lady), is now regaining feeling in his legs where once he had none.

How is science brainwashing people? If anything, it's opening minds to explore, survive, learn... take risks, and accept.

Very well put, SilverCougar. If anything religion is a hindrance to advancement.

And yes, maggots are fly larvae (fly eggs, you know?) not thin air.

394103[/snapback]

i see you don't know anything about chemistry. when substances collide with eachother other substances are created from them. the same happened with humanity.

Equating humanity with maggots is kinda distgusting to begin with. Then again......

does not matter at all. it is about the idea of life creating itself

I never knew exactly why people shortened anything with Christ to X. I mean, I could understand why they do it on the internet, because it happens that people use X-mas in real life... but why do they say X-mas in real life? Hell, I saw a commercial on TV that didnt say "Christmas" but "X-mas"

I always figured it might be because some christians dont want to say "christ" in vain, so instead of saying "Christmas" they sayd "X-mas"

but don't feed me sh** that it's fake just because you can't accept it.

Umm... isnt that what you believe about other religions? That they're fake because you cant accept it as the truth?

No, science has got to be the ultimate brainwashing tool

How so? Man... I guess my chemistry teacher has been brainwashing me! We all know that water boiles at 100oC, and we had to do an experiment with hydrated crystals. We were supposed to put them over a heat source set to 100oC and see what happens. We all, from experience, figured out that hydrated crystals are crystals which contain water molecules, and the mass changed because we evaporated the water. Wow, what brainwashing!

Why is that?

Because she says so! Dont you know!?

Why is that?

Because she has a 210 IQ and says so! laugh.gifgrin2.giflaugh.gifgrin2.gifrolleyes.gif Here is another example of a very closed mind that can see only what it wants to see. How can a discipline that requires evidence for any postulation be a brain-washing tool, only something like a rigid system of beliefs that require iterartion and reiteration until the subject can quote the lesson verbatim can be a brainwashing tool - you know, something like an organized, revealed religion such as Christianity, Judaism, or Islam! original.gif

394185[/snapback]

You only see what you want to see.

So, by your logic, people should have just let Hitler do whatever he wanted, no matter how evil he clearly was, because of the very real possibility that he would beat them?

Man, you're a coward huh.gif

If god did turn out to be real, then I would also be standing with Sera and countless others to fight him off. Power does not make one right, and standing up for justice, regardless of whether or not you'll win, is what I believe a human being should do.

I could not call myself a living, thinking human being, if I sat back and watched my species be ruthlessly oppressed and murdered by an overrated bully, such as the god you seem to beleive in. Winning or losing is irrelevant, I'd be quite satisfied knowing I died defending those I love from the greatest evil that has ever existed.

390467[/snapback]

i second that!!

besides ...there is no proof that GOD does or does not exist....therefore isnt it better that we humans do the judging and try to make the world a better place for ourselves? rather than sit back and wait for the world to be worse off. to put it another way...if we dont know for FACT that GOD exists then would it not be better to try and better the world ourselves that wait for GOD to fix everything....a GOD that may not even exist....either way we condem ourselves

You only see what you want to see.

As my old Granny used to say, "That is a case of the kettle calling the pot black!"

So, by your logic, people should have just let Hitler do whatever he wanted, no matter how evil he clearly was, because of the very real possibility that he would beat them?

Man, you're a coward huh.gif

If god did turn out to be real, then I would also be standing with Sera and countless others to fight him off. Power does not make one right, and standing up for justice, regardless of whether or not you'll win, is what I believe a human being should do.

I could not call myself a living, thinking human being, if I sat back and watched my species be ruthlessly oppressed and murdered by an overrated bully, such as the god you seem to beleive in. Winning or losing is irrelevant, I'd be quite satisfied knowing I died defending those I love from the greatest evil that has ever existed.

390467[/snapback]

i second that!!

besides ...there is no proof that GOD does or does not exist....therefore isnt it better that we humans do the judging and try to make the world a better place for ourselves? rather than sit back and wait for the world to be worse off. to put it another way...if we dont know for FACT that GOD exists then would it not be better to try and better the world ourselves that wait for GOD to fix everything....a GOD that may not even exist....either way we condem ourselves

396791[/snapback]

Man was not created for judgement. Not in the sense you are talking about anyway. No one said to be stupid either, you should still look after the world you have been given, and at least TRY and do the right thing.