Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Real Ghosts of Mars

Aftermath

Well what do you think it looks like merc? Or do you just follow me around to talk crap and never actually have a point or substance to your argument.

I think it is most likely a transmission error. I can guarantee that it isn't foliage. :rolleyes:

Great, women on mars, isn't that what predicted all along.

51ngIl-ut6L._SY445_.jpg

A transmission error... with a shadow? Guarantee? Lol

I don't see a shadow but of course you see a lot of things in all these various images so no surprise that you do. Do you seriously believe that what that image is showing is "foliage" of some kind? How about the circle to the right of that blur?

All these various images? I only see one. Please enlighten me because your bickering never makes sense. And no i didn't say i believe it is showing anything i said it looks like it could be. Im not quite ignorant as some who guarentee whats in the picture as if i was the one that snapped it.

All these various images? I only see one. Please enlighten me because your bickering never makes sense. And no i didn't say i believe it is showing anything i said it looks like it could be. Im not quite ignorant as some who guarentee whats in the picture as if i was the one that snapped it.

I guaranteed that it was not foliage, I guessed that it may be a transmission error of some kind. Try and get it right when you are slinging your angry insults. :tu:

I concur it is not foliage. How would we even know what foliage looks like on another planet with life possibly evolving in a completely separate manner.

Foliage on Earth is used to capture light. Light is captured because light is just strong enough to knock electrons out of orbit. Immediately below light is infrared which does not knock electrons out of orbit. A semitransparent piece of foliage would not be a good collector of light energy. Mars is farther out from the Sun so it receives slightly less than half the light on Earth. If the light were more intense then maybe a semitransparent piece of foliage would be useful, not for Mars.

Foliage? No.

In this link we see that the blur looks less like a person.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/08/10/strange-figure-spotted-by-mars-curiosity-rover/

What is painfully obvious in the image are compression artifacts from the "amoebas" and "bright lights."

To the right of the blue i a rock with a pictograph of an oryx. To the left on the ledge is Aladdin's magic lamp. Down and right of the blur is the sinking Titanic. On the right side of the gap immediately above the blue is a wormhole or a well for really tiny lilliputian martians. In front of the rock near the top of the image are 2 surfboards with a cricket on the closer surfboard.

Mars is a weird and wild place if you make stuff up as you go along.

• Like 1

Certain posters need to dial back the attitude. I've cleaned and edited where needed. And everyone needs to be reminded to be civil.

Thank you.

• Like 1

In this link we see that the blur looks less like a person.

http://www.foxnews.c...uriosity-rover/

What is painfully obvious in the image are compression artifacts from the "amoebas" and "bright lights."

To the right of the blue i a rock with a pictograph of an oryx. To the left on the ledge is Aladdin's magic lamp. Down and right of the blur is the sinking Titanic. On the right side of the gap immediately above the blue is a wormhole or a well for really tiny lilliputian martians. In front of the rock near the top of the image are 2 surfboards with a cricket on the closer surfboard.

Mars is a weird and wild place if you make stuff up as you go along.

I considered that they, the "ghost" and the circle, may be water flowing beneath the surface, as has been seen elsewhere on Mars but it doesn't match what scientists are seeing in those places so I agree these are artifacts in the compression and/or transmission as happens with these images from time to time. Unfortunately, people fail to understand the difficulties involved with transmitting data from the surface of Mars back to earth and see every flaw as proof of some secret life form or even a ghost, of all things.

Anybody that thinks that actually looks like a woman has been in his Mom's basement a little too long.

Not cool, dude!wayne-and-garth.png
  • Like 2

Not cool, dude!

Hah! :yes:

Edited by Calibeliever

This crap needs to stop.

Why?

I mean I know it's ridiculous, but honestly, it's kind of fun. Does anyone really take it seriously?

• Like 2

Why?

I mean I know it's ridiculous, but honestly, it's kind of fun. Does anyone really take it seriously?

Exactly. Sometimes these news are just for fun. I understand that skeptics veterans are sick of this kind of news (probably because these articles are a magnet for wild claims) but hey, sometimes it's better just sit and laugh rather than take them very seriously :D

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Whoever took this photo of me needs to take it down right now, I do not appreciate being photographed without my knowledge.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not cool, dude!wayne-and-garth.png

Does anyone else remember when everyone was saying that Mike Myers was a flash in the pan and the real "break out star" of WW was Dana Carvey?

• Like 1