Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Swarms of flying ants descend on the UK

UM-Bot

Large numbers of flying ants have been invading parts of the British Isles due to the warmer weather.

Ants can be enough of a problem when they are limited to crawling on the ground, but when tens of thousands of them take to the air they can collectively pose a huge nuisance.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/284591/swarms-of-flying-ants-descend-on-the-uk

• Like 1

Odd news article. This happens every year and is a normal part of ant life. You get a big burst of flying ant activity then it's over as quick as it starts. I've always found 'flying ant day' fascinating since I was a child & love watching flying ants coming out of their ant hills so numerous it looks like smoke as you approach. But it's normal and expected...

• Like 3

i remember when i was young, it was the flying ant day and i was riding my bicycle, i had them all over my mouth, face and eyes

• Like 1

its not the warm weather, its the annual mating season for future Queen ants, it happens every year, you can tell its a future queen ant because they are slightly larger and have a bigger abdomen and tend to be alone looking for a place to start a new colony. The flying ants are Male

Same with Queen Bees

• Like 1

This looks like a job for Ant Man!!