Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Australian community want kill some sharks

Anomalocaris

I would have expected this story to come out of America but then again look at how we treated the Aborigines when we first arrived.

.... :unsure2: what ... its gotten better since then ?

• Like 1

The truth as always is not quite what that first media story portrayed - try here for a slightly different version where the rather important info (left out of that other report) is that Munro just happens to be the Prez of a surfers/boardriders group and (he claims), has gathered a selected audience of (he claims) 200 people who (he claims) were all in favour of 'controlled management', which (he claims) really means killing some of them.. I'd like to see a full video of that meeting, including a pan across the 200 attendees so we can count them.

So we have a biased group and his word for the outcome....

I'd also like to see a phone poll done of random residents of the region, not carefully handpicked surfers/boardriders.

Leave the dam sharks alone. It's NOT your ocean, surfers.

PS - I don't live all that far away and frequently swim in these allegedly dangerous shark-infested, deadly waters.....

Ha ! ... all those nets up the coast .... just not around my beaches .

Do not swim / surf at feeding times guys !

Use a sol lunar chart (most dangerous when Moon is right 'underfoot' - at IC )

http://www.solunarforecast.com/solunarcalendar.aspx

When it isnt feeding times,you can swim up to them and punch them in the nose .

I'm not advocating extinction of the Great White and Tiger shark populations, just a culling program to keep numbers and size down and away from beaches and popular recreational areas.

Humans are not immune from my judgement also. I'm all for capital punishment for murders and rapists. In fact before we humans got all civilised and technology savvy wars served just that purpose. All the psychopaths and gunho types were always the first to volunteer and invariably killed. And since sharks can't self regulate their numbers then why shouldn't we? Mother nature at work me say's.

Incorrect , many more civilians are killed in way than soldiers ... you prig !

I should edit that. I meant to add in coconuts EDIT: Ok looks like I can't. But yeah coconuts kill a lot more people than sharks do

yeah we need to educate them on things

hey folks ever been knocked on the noggin by a falling pinecone ?

Doesnt sound to bad does it ?

hannah-bunya-nut.jpg

nice and spiky too

We have a beautiful one in the middle of our river flat

34839086.jpg

This woman that wanted to live here suggested we chop it down .... :cry:

I had to ask her .... why ?

" Because the leaves are very prickly and if someone walks under the tree with bare feet they will bet prickled ... "

:no:

Worse, they have Stinging Trees, Dendrocnide excelsa, it only makes you wish you were dead.

Pffft ... here I have giant stinging trees ... I eat your normal sized ones for breakfast ... :whistle:

4736324766_ce893d53f5_b.jpg

Pffft, we put them on Weet Bix for breakfast.

I know one guy that wished he was dead instead ... a non local, on a film location in Qld ... he went into the bush for a crap and , having no toilet paper .....

Yes .... he did !

Left set in an ambulance and never came back !

• Like 1

So, rather than address a single point in my post, we are simply reassured that you thought it through and .. apparently, answer to no-one (and no facts)!!

Should be good enough for anyone... :D

...no that's just your inability to control your emotions about this topic or any other that you and boomerang desire to rush head long into... This conversation is going round in circles. Everyone has their own opinions on sharks, and I've said my piece.

• Like 1

Irakanji jellyfish kill and threaten more people per year.

Better cull them too.

...well I'll happily address your jellyfish issues once you explain why pitbulls should be pets for the urbanly challenged.

Edited by Harry_Dresden

Maybe he ran out of steam -

download%2017_zpsxbcepul0.jpg

Nah... just patience...lol

• Like 1

...well I'll happily address your jellyfish issues once you explain why pitbulls should be pets for the urbanly challenged.

Matey, you're talking to the bloke who thinks all non-indigenous pets shoul be banned.

• Like 1

Nah... just patience...lol

Nah - more like....lol

" Harry couldn't stand the heat - so Harry left the kitchen"

download%2019_zpsqhldslvu.jpg

• Like 1

I feel I have understood. You live in a "them or us" world. That's fair, it works for you. you are happy with the idea that if it could be a threat, it needs to die.

In which case, we need to euthanise all pit bulls.

From the above I understood you to be a fan of the pitbull. And then you clearly state that all non-indigenous animals and pets should be removed. I'm confused mate. So which is it?

Nah - more like....lol

" Harry couldn't stand the heat - so Harry left the kitchen"

download%2019_zpsqhldslvu.jpg

I'll have you know I've never burnt anything in the kitchen. ;)

From the above I understood you to be a fan of the pitbull. And then you clearly state that all non-indigenous animals and pets should be removed. I'm confused mate. So which is it?

I have no idea why you thought I was a fan of pit bulls. I chose pit bulls because they maim and kill more people per year then sharks.

I am, however, a Grumpy old man who thinks all cats and dogs should be sterilised and their sale banned forthwith.

I have no idea why you thought I was a fan of pit bulls. I chose pit bulls because they maim and kill more people per year then sharks.

I am, however, a Grumpy old man who thinks all cats and dogs should be sterilised and their sale banned forthwith.

Wouldn't that lead to their extinction?

I'll have you know I've never burnt anything in the kitchen. ;)

What - not even toast ? :D

I think he is hinting that sorta thing is always Mrs Dresden's 'job', I suspect...

Hmm! - you just might be right Mr ChrLzs.

Dear Harry does have a little history of being (how shall I say this)....... a tad chauvinistic toward the fairer sex....

Isn't that right Harry ? :)

;)

Hmm! - you just might be right Mr ChrLzs.

Dear Harry does have a little history of being (how shall I say this)....... a tad chauvinistic toward the fairer sex....

Isn't that right Harry ? :)

;)

LOL... don't try and make out like you don't love it.

Wouldn't that lead to their extinction?

cats and dogs are an invasive, feral species outside of thr Australian Eco-system, in short "**** 'em".

LOL... don't try and make out like you don't love it.

What - cooking toast ? of course I love it.... :-*

cats and dogs are an invasive, feral species outside of thr Australian Eco-system, in short "**** 'em".

I wasn't aware that the Aussie Dingo may possibly become extinct.

An interesting read.

The Australian dingo is currently endangered and threatened with extinction. The threat is predominately due to hybridization, inbreeding, hunting, government ‘wild dog’ eradication programs and loss of genetic fitness. There are no current conservation strategies that will reduce the rate of possible extinction

http://www.apscience...2/apsf_06_2.htm

• Like 1

Going completely offtopic and being entirely subjectively judgmental, dingoes are a lovely looking dog, but they have that look in their eyes - like a fox, they seem to be always scheming evil...

I like them, but wouldn't trust them for a second, not even the cute puppies...

dingo-2-animal-profile-web620.jpgfrom http://www.zoo.org.a...e/animals/dingo

• Like 2