Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO sighting over Japan

UM-Bot

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

Story submission by: Yuji Mashiko Location: Japan

At 23:45 p.m.on July 17, I have happened to videotape one strange royal blue flashing light in the sky. Flashing in original video looks more brilliant, but YouTube version seems to be compressed and looks like dim light. First 7 seconds you will see a static image,then after 17 seco...

Read More: http://www.unexplain...ting-over-japan

• 4 months later...

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• ChrLzs

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, Yuji, but I can see several reasons why this has been ignored.. The main one is your absolute rejection of possibilities that you really didn't think through - more comments below:

At 23:45 p.m.on July 17, I have happened to videotape one strange royal blue flashing light in the sky. Flashing in original video looks more brilliant, but YouTube version seems to be compressed and looks like dim light.

First 7 seconds you will see a static image,then after 17 seconds, the blue flash appears in the top-left area in the sky. You can also see a small white light beside the blue light (It seems like a reflection of the blue light on the ship body).

Funny how you were just filming the night time sky... and there it was! More on this later..

It does not look like natural phenomenon.

Not 'natural'? What does that mean - aircraft are not natural - they are man-made.. Do you mean it doesn't look like a plasma or meteor? How many of those have you witnessed?

There was no cloud around that area in the sky.

Not sure why that is relevant - if there were cloud effects we would probably see them in the video (if only it was better quality..).

It flashed only one time in the middle of almost two mintute's recording.

Yes, thank heavens it was while you happened to be filming..

It was not airplane's lights because they are red,white and green.

Say WHAT? You live in a city and you've never seen a police chopper or any other craft with a blue-ish light? You need to get out more. Even spotlights on chase choppers can have a blue tinge, plus if you see just the edge of a light you may see the blue colour of chromatic aberration (modern cars often show this on headlights at a slight angle).

It was not drone's LED light because drones cannot fly that high

First up, how on earth did you judge how high it was? And pretty much no matter what height it was - YES they can. Again you dismiss things based on your personal inexperience and incredulity. Advanced drones are easily capable of all you saw and much more.

It is not a still meteor.

What the heck is a still meteor??? Do you mean a 'face-on' meteor, ie one that comes straight at you?

Still Meteors do not show this kind of elliptical shape with white rectangle light in the middle.

That 'shape' is very obviously caused by jpeg compression artefacts. You need to spend some time learning about your equipment and basic imaging concepts. The video is WOEFULLY over-compressed.

And the way two lighs (blue and white) flashing at the same time cannot be explained by the meteor phenomenon.
While I agree it probably isn't a meteor, they can easily break into two parts - another unwarranted dismissal.
Although you may not believe this, for the past several weeks before this video was taken, I had been seriously investigating if there is UFO with royal blue color (because one lady said that she witnessed the UFO with that color).

So, you were investigating blue ufo's (how?) - and even felt 'sad' about the lack of them?? - and then you just happen to be filming the sky and you see a blue light.....

You're right, I'm tempted not to believe you and your 'luck'. And even if this all happened exactly as you say it did, it's just a brief blue unresolved light in a busy metropolitan night sky that could even be a simple lens flare or a stray cosmic ray strike or glitch in the camera's electronics...

Edited by ChrLzs