Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aliens tried to save America from nuclear war

Anomalocaris

You gotta be ****in kidding XD

Aliens came to Earth to stop a nuclear war between America and Russia, according the bizarre claim of a former astronaut.

Edgar Mitchell, the sixth man to walk on the moon, says high-ranking military officials witnessed alien ships during weapons tests throughout the 1940s.

The UFOs, he says, were spotted hovering over the world's first nuclear weapons test which took place on July 16, 1945 in the desolate White Sands deserts of New Mexico.

'Aliens tried to save America from nuclear war': UFOs shot at missiles in White Sands to protect Earth, claims former astronaut

I can't believe it, especially coming from an astronaut. But hey, I guess that a paycheck is a paycheck :rofl:

Whether for good reasons or evil, aliens are watching over and concerned for humanity, they have a mission to accomplish and humans can't destroy themselves before the aliens can perform their mission on Earth. New Mexico is among the hottest spots for UFO sightings in the last 70 years, in part of the state's nuclear testing sites. No question the Roswell and Socorro UFO crashes occurred in the state, where aliens zoomed in to view human activity involve atomic weapons development.

You gotta be ****in kidding XD

You're fishing for countering opinions, aren't you Anomal?

You caught one!

New Mexico is among the hottest spots for UFO sightings

I can agree with that, the seventy years part I can't say.

There are some fascinating accounts of UFOs (believed to be 'Aliens') who have allegedly desactivated US and British Nuclear missiles.

Aliens Have Deactivated British And US Nuclear Missiles, Say US Military Pilots:

''The unlikely claims were compiled by six former US airmen and another member of the military who interviewed or researched the evidence of 120 ex-military personnel.''

[...]

Capt Salas continued: "I was on duty when an object came over and hovered directly over the site.

"The missiles shut down - 10 Minuteman missiles. And the same thing happened at another site a week later. There's a strong interest in our missiles by these objects, wherever they come from. I personally think they're not from planet Earth."

Source: http://www.telegraph...ary-pilots.html

Edited by Phenix20
  • Like 3

Too bad they didn't deactivate the Nazis and the Khmer Rouge.

I once asked someone who truthfully and whole hearted espoused this vey position that question. Their reply was the aliens didn't want to interfere too much in human culture but nukes ere just so so evil they had to step in.

• Like 2

I once asked someone who truthfully and whole hearted espoused this vey position that question. Their reply was the aliens didn't want to interfere too much in human culture but nukes ere just so so evil they had to step in.

They don't seem to have done anything about them. Aliens, like ghosts, seem more into playing childish pranks.
  • Like 3

They don't seem to have done anything about them. Aliens, like ghosts, seem more into playing childish pranks.

This reminds me of a quote from Carl Sagan:

“Occasionally, I get a letter from someone who is in “contact” with extraterrestrials. I am invited to “ask them anything.” And so over the years I’ve prepared a little list of questions. The extraterrestrials are very advanced, remember. So I ask things like, “Please provide a short proof of Fermat’s Last Theorem.” Or the Goldbach Conjecture. And then I have to explain what these are, because extraterrestrials will not call it Fermat’s Last Theorem. So I write out the simple equation with the exponents. I never get an answer. On the other hand, if I ask something like “Should we be good?” I almost always get an answer.”
Edited by Anomalocaris
  • Like 3

What gets me about this is you have Edgar, sixth man to walk on the moon, Mitchell relaying info he heard from other people. Not seeing it himself but just hearing it and spouting it as fact. For all I know he was the homer simpson of astronauts but hearing something from somebody who's nobody and witnessing it yourself are two different things.

Dear old Ed Mitchell.

Surely one problem with this is, The UFOs, he says, were spotted hovering over the world's first nuclear weapons test which took place on July 16, 1945 in the desolate White Sands deserts of New Mexico.

Now, since the nearest star at all (let alone any which might possibly potentially have habitable planets) is 4.2 light years away, how did they possibly know about the Manhattan Project, which was inaugurated in 1942? Especially since it was so secret, they must have had spies within the project, but even if they'd reported back on it straight away the message wouldn't have got back to proxima Centauri (which I'm using as an example because it's the nearest star) for 4.2 years, which wouldn't have been until 1946. And then, even if they'd decided to do something about it straight away and sent a crew to monitor the goings on, it wouldn't have got here until 1950, and that's assuming that they were able to travel at the speed of light. I suppose they may have had a warp drive, which would have simplified things a lot, of course, but even so they'd have had to have known that the development of nuclear weapons was being planned before it even was. Unless they'd been watching this planet ever since Einstein came up with the Theory of relativity, and they decided that that was likely to lead to development of a Nuke at some point, so they'd better keep an eye on things? But even then, if they had watched the Trinity test, why the heck did they then sit back and watch it be used on Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Thanks for your protection, vigilant ETs.

• Like 5

Dear old Ed Mitchell.

Surely one problem with this is, The UFOs, he says, were spotted hovering over the world's first nuclear weapons test which took place on July 16, 1945 in the desolate White Sands deserts of New Mexico.

Now, since the nearest star at all (let alone any which might possibly potentially have habitable planets) is 4.2 light years away, how did they possibly know about the Manhattan Project, which was inaugurated in 1942? Especially since it was so secret, they must have had spies within the project, but even if they'd reported back on it straight away the message wouldn't have got back to proxima Centauri (which I'm using as an example because it's the nearest star) for 4.2 years, which wouldn't have been until 1946.

Easy, extended awareness, omnisciencish. According to spiritual & religious sources people today can attain it, at least to an extent, though it might be hard since there's so much mental clutter and disturbances in earth's surface, busy humans making noise and hassle, in plain language.

And then, even if they'd decided to do something about it straight away and sent a crew to monitor the goings on, it wouldn't have got here until 1950, and that's assuming that they were able to travel at the speed of light. I suppose they may have had a warp drive, which would have simplified things a lot, of course, but even so they'd have had to have known that the development of nuclear weapons was being planned before it even was. Unless they'd been watching this planet ever since Einstein came up with the Theory of relativity, and they decided that that was likely to lead to development of a Nuke at some point, so they'd better keep an eye on things? But even then, if they had watched the Trinity test, why the heck did they then sit back and watch it be used on Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Thanks for your protection, vigilant ETs.

I've read even us humans have managed to teleport something, in an atom scale and a miniscule distance, but still. They just need to reach earth once at one point in history and build a teleportation station here, assuming they need one and can't just teleport to any place they sense with omniscience.

• Like 2

This reminds me of a quote from Carl Sagan:

“Occasionally, I get a letter from someone who is in “contact” with extraterrestrials. I am invited to “ask them anything.” And so over the years I’ve prepared a little list of questions. The extraterrestrials are very advanced, remember. So I ask things like, “Please provide a short proof of Fermat’s Last Theorem.” Or the Goldbach Conjecture. And then I have to explain what these are, because extraterrestrials will not call it Fermat’s Last Theorem. So I write out the simple equation with the exponents. I never get an answer. On the other hand, if I ask something like “Should we be good?” I almost always get an answer.”

A good way to hint if they're having illusions. I never understood why I should listen to someone who claims to be reincarnation of Jesus or a descended archangel Michael or in contact with ETs. I can listen them because it's the thing you should do if they're having illusions, and it's interesting, but if they actually were in contact and not mixing some stuff up (not being accustomed to psychic world), then they most likely would relay their stuff more sensibly than "blablabla let me talk whatever you say isn't important unless it validates me". Having ego problems means you still got a way to go.

• Like 1

What gets me about this is you have Edgar, sixth man to walk on the moon, Mitchell relaying info he heard from other people. Not seeing it himself but just hearing it and spouting it as fact. For all I know he was the homer simpson of astronauts but hearing something from somebody who's nobody and witnessing it yourself are two different things.

Dr Mitchell is IMO a very trusting soul...people tell him things and he sincerely believes them. Some folks choose to believe things with very little supporting evidence. This has nothing to do with intelligence, far more to do with ones personality. Also, Dr Mitchell doesn't (at least I've never seen) say that he has any factual proof, only that trusted people have told him things and he has chosen to believe them.

• Like 2

Your making a lot of assumtions norbert. Whos to say a ship must come from the nearest planet? We dont know anything about where they come from for all we know they are living in another dimension right here on earth. Which would explain why there have been numerous more reports than listed here of weapon shutdowns. The first explosions could have affected thier region of space and be what brought us to thier attention in the first place.

Not only that but think about it how else would they send the message to disarm? I mean if they just took or destroyed the weapons we would surely be threatened, gain hostility, and produce more right? I think disabling is the best way to send the intended message.

• Like 3

Why would an advanced alien species, light years away, care about how many nuclear pinpricks we put in our tiny little planet? A chunk of rock, falling from the sky, can do far more damage to the planetary biome than our species could ever hope to do. I think it far more likely that no one is watching because I can't imagine any reason they would that isn't a product of human ego.

• Like 5

I do not understand why people assign purpose, intent, or whatever to aliens which we do not even have evidence for existing. These reports of UFOs shutting down weapons systems seem to be related to people assigning shutdowns to UFOs instead of the known problems that caused the shutdowns. Why use the simplest explanation and turn around assign something with little evidence?

So far aliens are assigned to blurry images in videos. Happens every day it seems. That's the evidence for aliens. Next, those blurry dots on shaky videos are assigned behavior. The first step was far fetched. Assigning behavior to some far fetched idea seems a bit odd doesn't it?

• Like 2

Why didn't aliens intervene during the 14th century when humanity's complete ignorance of hygiene resulted in at least 50 million fatalities during the Black Death?

• Like 6

We dont know anything about where they come from for all we know they are living in another dimension right here on earth.

Sure.

Which would explain why there have been numerous more

reports than listed here of weapon shutdowns.

Weapons are technical systems and it is in the nature of technical systems to fail. As the fault rates of weapon systems are classified,

there is no mathematical base available for Joe Public to judge, based on whatever, if the fault rate rise, stagnate or decrease. Its just

coffee grounds reading, simply just that.

• Like 3

Why didn't aliens intervene during the 14th century when humanity's complete ignorance of hygiene resulted in at least 50 million fatalities during the Black Death?

On a related note, why didn't they intervene during either world war? I'd argue the new technology being developed during the time of the first world war rivals anything that came after.

• Like 2

Why would an advanced alien species, light years away, care about how many nuclear pinpricks we put in our tiny little planet? A chunk of rock, falling from the sky, can do far more damage to the planetary biome than our species could ever hope to do. I think it far more likely that no one is watching because I can't imagine any reason they would that isn't a product of human ego.

I agree the logic of your statement. The appearance of another life form or sentinent species interacting with us to try to prevent destruction to our planet would have to have a stake in the outcome. They would be closer to earth than we think or live here in a way, or as some speculate they may originate from an interdemensional aspect that is intertwined in our space time.

I think that the anomolies of unexplained interventions being alien ET is very misleading to people who ponder the true originations of phenomon. Most are research and development but there there is something else besides that has a seeming intelligence and reacts with humanity that shouldn't be totally discounted because of the popular assumption of alien extraterrestrial origin.

I can't help but think that our oceans and atmosphere had a lot more time then us to evolve other species with very alien like forms to us. What if it is so different that it is not even recognized as earth species. It may be plasma like and have consciousness that transcends our understanding of science but still has a stake in the environment of earth because this is one of their homes.

I find that to be a more likely hypothesis than ET of other solar systems.

Along with any major Conflict responsible for major human fatalities, really anyone who thinks the little green men from space or another dimension are looking over us should go live with the fairies ......... :P

• Like 1

LOL we are the talking apes :)

• Like 1