Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aliens tried to save America from nuclear war

Anomalocaris

Maybe we should ask the talking apes what they know.

Dr Mitchell is IMO a very trusting soul...people tell him things and he sincerely believes them. Some folks choose to believe things with very little supporting evidence. This has nothing to do with intelligence, far more to do with ones personality. Also, Dr Mitchell doesn't (at least I've never seen) say that he has any factual proof, only that trusted people have told him things and he has chosen to believe them.

i think that this is likely the most logical answer.

Thumbs up to Lilly.

:tu:

• Like 1

Going on a presumption that aliens exist....... I think it would be a huge error to suppose they are here for any other reason than self-interest. Everything we hear about their actions or interactions with the earth population seems to indicate research. Abducting humans and doing experiments. Maybe their unsuccessful experiments account for people missing and never found. Or unsolved gruesome murder cases...who knows.

I have to assume if they've interfered with any weapons systems it would be because they didn't want those weapons used on them. They are never permanently disabled so they don't care if we use them on each other.

It's a huge leap to ascribe human notions or altruistic reasoning to someone or something that might not be capable of those attributes.

• Like 2

It should be noted that the experiments people report are basically what medical procedures are being done at the time. No one is reporting procedures that are different from the methods people already knew about. The idea that humans are being experimented on does not sound reliable to me. The stories sound like things humans would do with the current normal tools.

I don't buy that the aliens were protecting themselves by disabling weapons systems. If they could have disabled the systems, then they also tell that the systems were not activated for an attack.

• Like 1

Dr, Mitchell is 84 years old, and possibly not playing at the top of his game.

• Like 2

Your making a lot of assumtions norbert. Whos to say a ship must come from the nearest planet? We dont know anything about where they come from for all we know they are living in another dimension right here on earth. Which would explain why there have been numerous more reports than listed here of weapon shutdowns. The first explosions could have affected thier region of space and be what brought us to thier attention in the first place.

Not only that but think about it how else would they send the message to disarm? I mean if they just took or destroyed the weapons we would surely be threatened, gain hostility, and produce more right? I think disabling is the best way to send the intended message.

An argument that relies on nuclear weapons having an unobserved by us effect upon the universe.

Not impossible.

However, Chernobyl, Long Island, Fukushima and Bikini Bottom are all counter-demonstrative of the argument that there is a protective higher power out there scuttling nuclear weapons/preventing nuclear explosions because it is affective to them.

• Like 2

An astronaut's credibility is nothing to the doubting thomas.

This astronaut has no credibility.

Was he acwitness to the nukes being disabled? No? He has no credibility when commenting about this topic.

• Like 2

I do remember the incident at malestrom air force base 1967 when the nuclear missiles were disabled...http://www.cufon.org/cufon/malmstrom/malm1.htm

• Like 1

However, Chernobyl, Long Island, Fukushima and Bikini Bottom are all counter-demonstrative of the argument that there is a protective higher power out there scuttling nuclear weapons/preventing nuclear explosions because it is affective to them.

While truly horrible, none of those events (Chernobyl, Fukushima, Hiroshima or Nagasaki) were directly threatening the human race with extinction.

The point made by Mitchell and members of the British, US and Soviet Military who had experiences with UFOs on military bases is that these Aliens, or whatever else they may be, are trying to caution us from wiping ourselves up with atomic bombs as part of a nuclear arms race. There is indeed such a risk.

Edited by Phenix20
  • Like 2

It should be noted that the experiments people report are basically what medical procedures are being done at the time. No one is reporting procedures that are different from the methods people already knew about. The idea that humans are being experimented on does not sound reliable to me. The stories sound like things humans would do with the current normal tools.

I don't buy that the aliens were protecting themselves by disabling weapons systems. If they could have disabled the systems, then they also tell that the systems were not activated for an attack.

I like what you said about alien abduction myth. In the beginning of ufo abduction stories there was different procedures then what was practiced in those days medically. Scopes in belly buttons etc. Everyday medical procedures now. I often thought if there were interstellar ET in these cases,they sure are backwards in experiments compared to their high tech travel techniques they would require to get here! I mean surely they could just use a MRI scanner or something like that nature and a small sample of DNA would n't be as invasive a said tales. Unless these were more human manufactured abduction experiments. Blame it on ET but it seems strange we copied alien experimenter techniques. Kind of fishy when you think about especially in the era immediately after Nazis lost their human guinea pigs.

An astronaut's credibility is nothing to the doubting thomas.

Codswallop is codswallop, no matter the source.

• Like 2

Whether for good reasons or evil, aliens are watching over and concerned for humanity...

They're doing a terrible job at it. Most incompetent aliens ever....

...they have a mission to accomplish and humans can't destroy themselves before the aliens can perform their mission on Earth. New Mexico is among the hottest spots for UFO sightings in the last 70 years, in part of the state's nuclear testing sites. No question the Roswell and Socorro UFO crashes occurred in the state, where aliens zoomed in to view human activity involve atomic weapons development.

And your proof of their mission?

Luckily, these aliens let the US use atomic weapons to end a terrible war (oh yeah, I took that shot). Or did they miss that one?

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 2

Luckily, these aliens let the US use atomic weapons to end a terrible war (oh yeah, I took that shot). Or did they miss that one?

The Bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki was not a direct threat of extinction. A global nuclear war is.

If any of this makes sense, it is for the species survival that these hypothetical Aliens might be concerned. They might feel the need to warn us off in a perilous case scenario where life on Earth is hanged on by a thread. What would be their reasons for caring so much I cannot tell but maybe not altruistic values.

Edited by Phenix20

I like what you said about alien abduction myth. In the beginning of ufo abduction stories there was different procedures then what was practiced in those days medically. Scopes in belly buttons etc. Everyday medical procedures now. I often thought if there were interstellar ET in these cases,they sure are backwards in experiments compared to their high tech travel techniques they would require to get here! I mean surely they could just use a MRI scanner or something like that nature and a small sample of DNA would n't be as invasive a said tales. Unless these were more human manufactured abduction experiments. Blame it on ET but it seems strange we copied alien experimenter techniques. Kind of fishy when you think about especially in the era immediately after Nazis lost their human guinea pigs.

Do abductees report that they left with terminal cancer and came back completely cured?

Do they report that their inoperable conditions were cured without signs of surgery?

Do they report that they watched cancerous tumors floating out of their bodies without surgical incisions?

They report what we have for technology. It's the old tube up the poop shoot, and the horse sized physical needles, and the old vibrator up the yohnee. Fakers doing psychic surgery pulling chicken guts out of dumb asses put on a better show.

• Like 1

The Bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki was not a direct threat of extinction. A global nuclear war is.

If any of this makes sense, it is for the species survival that these hypothetical Aliens might be concerned. They might feel the need to warn us off in a perilous case scenario where life on Earth is hanged on by a thread. What would be their reasons for caring so much I cannot tell but maybe not altruistic values.

So you think that a global nuclear war is extinction. How sure are you? Maybe aliens would let only as many bombs go off as would kill off many, but not cause extinction. Maybe aliens would interpret all nuclear actions as local and not global?

Here you are pretending that aliens are interested in species existing when you have no idea what alien intentions are all about. Maybe the aliens are gambling on how many bombs go off. Maybe aliens are like the movie Monsters Inc and are filling up their "fuel tanks" with fear or human vaporization thetans.

Not only are you pretending that aliens exist, but you are pretending that they are interfering with us, and you pretend that they are interested in out outcome/

• Like 2

So you think that a global nuclear war is extinction. How sure are you? Maybe aliens would let only as many bombs go off as would kill off many, but not cause extinction. Maybe aliens would interpret all nuclear actions as local and not global?

I am not saying they wouldn't do the things you are suggesting, but maybe cautioning us of the danger serves as a preventive measure.

It all depends on how far they would be willing to go in their intervention to avoid extinction. As things stand, if Aliens exist, they seem quite intent on not interfering in an obvious and direct manner in the Earth's natural evolution and socioculturual developpment, so as to leave no doubt whatsoever of their existence.

Here you are pretending that aliens are interested in species existing when you have no idea what alien intentions are all about. Maybe the aliens are gambling on how many bombs go off. Maybe aliens are like the movie Monsters Inc and are filling up their "fuel tanks" with fear or human vaporization thetans.

Assuming that they are monitoring the Earth and doing the things over military sites that members of the US, British and Soviet military have been claiming, than yes I think it's safe to presume that they have some sort of interest about life on Earth, if not necesserly the human specie in itself. What that interest might be I couldn't tell by a long shot. We can only try to speculate on hypotheticals and aspects we have no way to know. But they are supposed to be Aliens after all.

Edited by Phenix20

So how come they not still disabling nukes? I mean India and Pakistan are just looking for a reason to knock chunks out of each other. North Korea is just looking for excuses.

The Russians are less then diplomatically expanding their sphere of influence and Iran is gearing up for production (according to Israel) and yet AND YET there have been exactly zero reports of mysterious weapons disablement.

• Like 3

So how come they not still disabling nukes? I mean India and Pakistan are just looking for a reason to knock chunks out of each other. North Korea is just looking for excuses.

The Russians are less then diplomatically expanding their sphere of influence and Iran is gearing up for production (according to Israel) and yet AND YET there have been exactly zero reports of mysterious weapons disablement.

God doesn't allow them to do that :innocent:

How much of this kind of information would be public knowledge? It's hard to tell.

After all, most of the cases we know about come from retired military officers who broke the silence about their experiences years later.

See: http://www.veteranst...-weapons-sites/

Edited by Phenix20
  • Like 2

Please, the whole "aliens disabling our nukes" was known in fringe circles during the Cold War.

Also, Wikileaks exists. Chelsea Manning and Edward Snowden had access to that sort of stuff and not a single report.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 1

Please, the whole "aliens disabling our nukes" was known in fringe circles during the Cold War.

Also, Wikileaks exists. Chelsea Manning and Edward Snowden had access to that sort of stuff and not a single report.

I just don't think we can be sure that such occurance never happened again in recent times, on any military site around world, wikileaks or not.

Also we don't do nuclear testing anymore. Most of these UFOs were allegedly sighted when the West and the Soviets were still testing nukes for potential use.

Edited by Phenix20

The French were nuclear testing in the 90s. No aliens stopping them then.

Also, NORTH KOREA is building and testing missiles capable of hitting Mainland America.

No aliens.

Ohh and now this: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=284833

Here you go, let's be on the look out for aliens saving us again.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 3

The French were nuclear testing in the 90s. No aliens stopping them then.

Not at all the same context. I am not aware of the French planning to use these weapons on anyone. It got pretty close in the Cold War though.

If any such Aliens exist and that these UFO claims are true, I don't think they ever intended to ''stop us'' at this point so much as to caution us.

Also, NORTH KOREA is building and testing missiles capable of hitting Mainland America.

No aliens.

Ohh and now this: http://www.unexplain...howtopic=284833

Here you go, let's be on the look out for aliens saving us again.

Is North Korea really a major threat to the world? I don't think so. They have no powerful allies who would join in wiping the planet for them. Not at all the same thing as a clash between the West and Soviet Union, which had the sheer destructive potential of setting humanity back in the stone age, if not extinction.

Edited by Phenix20