Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aliens tried to save America from nuclear war

Anomalocaris

An astronaut's credibility is nothing to the doubting thomas.

Those credible astronauts.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2020039/Disgraced-astronaut-Lisa-Nowak-attacked-love-rival-booted-Navy.html

• Like 1

Well I don't know if aliens are visiting us or not but I believe if they are concerned about us bombing ourselves into oblivion instead of shutting a missle site or two they would make their presence known and simply tell us to stop. At least that way they could convey their reasons to us in a way we could understand.

• Like 3

Not at all the same context. I am not aware of the French planning to use these weapons on anyone. It got pretty close in the Cold War though.

If any such Aliens exist and that these UFO claims are true, I don't think they ever intended to ''stop us'' at this point so much as to caution us.

Is North Korea really a major threat to the world? I don't think so. They have no powerful allies who would join in wiping the planet for them. Not at all the same thing as a clash between the West and Soviet Union, which had the sheer destructive potential of setting humanity back in the stone age, if not extinction.

North Korea, who you have to remember we only have a ceasefire with, not a peace treaty, have the ability to reach the U.S. mainland and nuclear warheads. They hate Anerica. And their leader is a bona fide lunatic.

If anyone deserves their nukes extraterrestrially disabled it's them.

• Like 3

Dear old Ed Mitchell.

Surely one problem with this is, The UFOs, he says, were spotted hovering over the world's first nuclear weapons test which took place on July 16, 1945 in the desolate White Sands deserts of New Mexico.

Now, since the nearest star at all (let alone any which might possibly potentially have habitable planets) is 4.2 light years away, how did they possibly know about the Manhattan Project, which was inaugurated in 1942? Especially since it was so secret, they must have had spies within the project, but even if they'd reported back on it straight away the message wouldn't have got back to proxima Centauri (which I'm using as an example because it's the nearest star) for 4.2 years, which wouldn't have been until 1946. And then, even if they'd decided to do something about it straight away and sent a crew to monitor the goings on, it wouldn't have got here until 1950, and that's assuming that they were able to travel at the speed of light. I suppose they may have had a warp drive, which would have simplified things a lot, of course, but even so they'd have had to have known that the development of nuclear weapons was being planned before it even was. Unless they'd been watching this planet ever since Einstein came up with the Theory of relativity, and they decided that that was likely to lead to development of a Nuke at some point, so they'd better keep an eye on things? But even then, if they had watched the Trinity test, why the heck did they then sit back and watch it be used on Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Thanks for your protection, vigilant ETs.

Let’s not over think things here folks, the simplest answer is that they were already here.

Well I don't know if aliens are visiting us or not but I believe if they are concerned about us bombing ourselves into oblivion instead of shutting a missle site or two they would make their presence known and simply tell us to stop. At least that way they could convey their reasons to us in a way we could understand.

They can’t do that anymore than a human parent can stay with their child the first day of kindergarten. The painful crying of separation prepares the child for later independence. There is no growth if a person or a species does not obtain said growth through trial and error. Otherwise we stupid and lazy humans would only deify them, worship them, and have them do all OUR work for us. Look what happened when the US stepped into the Middle East mess.

Let’s not over think things here folks, the simplest answer is that they were already here.

Fixed that for you champ.
  • Like 1

All ppl who think, in a Perry Rhodan fashioned romance and based on the very few fairy tales reports from scatterbrained military

veterans about alleged ICBM deactivations by ETs ("Malmstrom Incident"), that ETs protected us from a global nuclear desaster

seem not to be aware of the fact that the number of nukes on Earth in the 60s was roughly 35.000 units and hundreds of ICBM

launchpads were in service globally that time. Sorry, but the "rescue" claim is just esotericism and based on very bad math.

• Like 2

Also we don't do nuclear testing anymore. Most of these UFOs were allegedly sighted when the West and the Soviets were still testing nukes for potential use.

The reason why the US, UK, France, China and Russia are not doing tests anymore is really quite simple: The nuclear warheads they have are now so efficient that they can't make any significant improvements to them.

Once they knew that their newest generation of warheads worked there wasn't much point in continuing tests, plus they scored some good publicity by making a test ban treaty. Nothing to do with UFO's !

• Like 1

This astronaut has no credibility.

Was he acwitness to the nukes being disabled? No? He has no credibility when commenting about this topic.

His field of expertise is where his credibility derives from. The man walked on the moon. He can talk about all things space with a higher degree of reliability than some random on the street who saw light in the sky.

That aside, military servicemen have already come out and claimed the same thing. You can find some primary sources rather easily if you're inclined to look.

Codswallop is codswallop, no matter the source.

You have proof that it's nonsense? Or that just your personal opinion?

Those credible astronauts.

http://www.dailymail...ooted-Navy.html

Irrelevant. She got axed for stalking.

Arctic ice is melting, sea levels are rising, California is in the midst of its worst drought in over a century (perhaps a millenium), there are devastating floods in other parts of the world, earthquakes in Oklahoma due to fracking, the ozone hole over the Antarctic, dozens or hundreds of species of animals are dying off each year due to man's idiocy, shortsightedness, and greed.

Why aren't the aliens interfering about all that, if they're so concerned about our welfare?

• Like 3

I am not saying they wouldn't do the things you are suggesting, but maybe cautioning us of the danger serves as a preventive measure.

It all depends on how far they would be willing to go in their intervention to avoid extinction. As things stand, if Aliens exist, they seem quite intent on not interfering in an obvious and direct manner in the Earth's natural evolution and socioculturual developpment, so as to leave no doubt whatsoever of their existence.

Assuming that they are monitoring the Earth and doing the things over military sites that members of the US, British and Soviet military have been claiming, than yes I think it's safe to presume that they have some sort of interest about life on Earth, if not necesserly the human specie in itself. What that interest might be I couldn't tell by a long shot. We can only try to speculate on hypotheticals and aspects we have no way to know. But they are supposed to be Aliens after all.

I don't see that the military claims that UFOs are monitoring or whatever over military sites. There are people that have been in the military that make such statements. The people making the statements use the fact that they were in the military as some sort of appeal to authority. What matters is the evidence and that evidence is lacking.

There is no evidence to date of aliens, yet here there is a claim about their activities. These activity claims are speculations about unproven aliens. That's pretty weak. Not only do we have speculations about speculations, but we have the next step which is speculations about the reasoning for speculations about activity about speculations of unproven aliens. It's all speculation.

• Like 1

How much of this kind of information would be public knowledge? It's hard to tell.

After all, most of the cases we know about come from retired military officers who broke the silence about their experiences years later.

See: http://www.veteranst...-weapons-sites/

I just looked at the article you posted and the first incident was due to a malfunction inside of the base. Psyche101 discussed the incident at length here at UM showing that it was not due to an external source.

I don't see that the military claims that UFOs are monitoring or whatever over military sites. There are people that have been in the military that make such statements. The people making the statements use the fact that they were in the military as some sort of appeal to authority. What matters is the evidence and that evidence is lacking.

There is no evidence to date of aliens, yet here there is a claim about their activities. These activity claims are speculations about unproven aliens. That's pretty weak. Not only do we have speculations about speculations, but we have the next step which is speculations about the reasoning for speculations about activity about speculations of unproven aliens. It's all speculation.

When you get down to it, the ultimate answer is "Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

Why were these nutjobs ever in such positions? I thought you had to be smart to be something like an astronaut, but then again, look at most of the people in high positions these days...

Dr Mitchell, who has a Bachelor of Science degree in aeronautical engineering and a Doctor of Science degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics also says the Roswell cover up was real.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz3iytvIdFo

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Yeah, as if this is supposed to mean anything.

It never really made sense to me as to why articles concerning people witnessing UFOs/ETs make references to the witness'/claimant's education. As far as I know, an aeronautical engineer's brain is still a human's brain, yes? So if this is the case then it is still susceptible to fallibility. When it comes to ET visitation/UFO sightings an aeronautical engineer's claims are no more fruitful than a plumber's claims.

Edited by nuclearwessel
  • Like 2

I do remember the incident at malestrom air force base 1967 when the nuclear missiles were disabled...http://www.cufon.org/cufon/malmstrom/malm1.htm

I'm kind of like Lilly's accessment of the astronaut I was not a witness but trust people who were. I think as people get older they get bolder partly because they want to see the mystery answered about the anomolies that occur usually attributed to aliens. Malmstrom had other like events really happened as it did at other bases later. We don't know what happened and if someone really does it is classified. Military also bans use of word alien as in ET in final reports. Alien is not of our country, but the really unusual humanoid encounters are said to appear humanlike or nonhuman like and other such words. These things whatever they really are, physical or even projections like holograms with force to create illusions, who knows, were not seen at the Malmstrom but unexplained malfunction happened at crucial times. It's been repeated and it apparently more than chance and at other foreign bases. The questions remain why who what and how.

Its very hard to decipher facts from the modern myths that have grown from the real events. Outrageous hypothesis grow from secrecy and make it more difficult, so crazy that people in general can't believe any of it for good reason. We must remember many reports are totally different causes, explained or otherwise.

The discovery of the truth in any matter is the deduction of our misperceptions of the truth.

It is very hard to do that with this subject matter for sure,but none the less there IS something very weird really happening!

Codswallop is ALWAYS codswallop. The source is not relevant. Basic common sense, did you miss that in school?

Asking me to prove a negative? Are you that silly?

Besides, the claim is "aliens doing these things". It's not up to me to prove a damn thing, it's up to the one making the claim. That's how it works.

• Like 2

Codswallop is ALWAYS codswallop. The source is not relevant. Basic common sense, did you miss that in school?

Asking me to prove a negative? Are you that silly?

Besides, the claim is "aliens doing these things". It's not up to me to prove a damn thing, it's up to the one making the claim. That's how it works.

In other words, yes, you admit that it is merely your opinion.

So many points of ancient contacts and intercession with angels and God support your statement. I'm not ancient alien believer but I do believe there were civilizations more advanced then generally given credit. I think that sometimes we are in contact with an older but earthly evolved life form that still exists here and elsewhere. Whatever they are, they still interact with us now in ways we don't understand and reasons relatively unknown.

In other words, yes, you admit that it is merely your opinion.

Nope, not at all. It's more than just opinion. It's called common sense. :tu:

Care to step up and prove otherwise?

Nope, not at all. It's more than just opinion. It's called common sense. :tu:

Care to step up and prove otherwise?

The truth of the matter determines whether or not it is nonsensical. Not your notion of what should be considered 'common sense'.

I have nothing to prove. I simply wanted to inquire if your statement was based on anything aside form your own personal judgment of the matter. My question has already been answered.

Edited by PrisonerX

His field of expertise is where his credibility derives from. The man walked on the moon. He can talk about all things space with a higher degree of reliability than some random on the street who saw light in the sky.

That aside, military servicemen have already come out and claimed the same thing. You can find some primary sources rather easily if you're inclined to look.

Irrelevant. She got axed for stalking.

Military, astronauts, can have advantage to credibility that is training and being privy to know how to distinguish natural phenomena, R&D, and assertain if something it truly out of the norm in an occurrence. Any conclusions are speculation.

• Like 1

The truth of the matter determines whether or not it is nonsensical. Not your notion of what should be considered 'common sense'.

So, you have nothing, or lack the courage to take a stand. Common sense is common sense. To label it anything else, or to twist the meaning of the phrase to suit your flaw perceptions is just plain silly.

I have nothing to prove. I simply wanted to inquire if your statement was based on anything aside form your own personal judgment of the matter. My question has already been answered.

So, again, you have nothing. And I am not surprised, as usual. I'll just give you the benefit of the doubt though...you backed yourself into a corner and can't find a way out. It happens when defending codswallop. I won't hold it against you.