Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aliens tried to save America from nuclear war

Anomalocaris

Its funny that i can make a general statement about being brainwashed and ignoring reality to suit your ideals and multiple people take offense to it and make up stupid crap about me. Get your priorities straight.

Nevermind, psyche101 covered this pretty well...

• Like 2

And i hate to break it to you but if you are looking for well endorsed websites with socially accepted facts and no coverage of the undefined and yet to be understood or explained with verified proof... unexplained mysteries probably isnt the best place for you to look.

So what make you different from anyone else here, and why does a mystery HAVE to remain a mystery? Is there something wrong with people who prefer to solve the mystery as opposed to worship it?

If people know answers to these alleged mysteries, what is wrong with clarification?

Does one have to remain immersed in mystery to contribute? As far as I knew, mysteries exist to be solved.

I love it for the scientific news links and am interested in the rest.

And how is that different from one who is also looking at the academic side of the phenomena as opposed to the woo side? Do you not realise that many questions remain in the academic field? They just don't resolve them with delusions of higher intelligence and visiting beings. In fact a physical visit seems the most unlikely option for a plethora of reasons. That leaves us with "something else" and no indications of visitors from another planet. Just a lot of wishful thinking.

I think we should all be mature enough to be able to have a discussion about both and the suggestions in between without it it always being a focus on attacking anyone who shows interest and pretending they dont know the difference between science fact and purported claims. You will get alot further by considering the implications.

Can we ask the same of you? Before you go off about how this "might be in extra terrestrial intelligence that is advanced" How about establishing some more simple facts like "is it actually a physical craft"?

And not one UFO on record has ever gone into space - howe do you explain that for spaceships?

I joined this site after two experiences with silver disks. I am curious and want to know more on these vaguely understood topics. Im not going to keep responding to the same people trying to argue with me in each thread about whether or not aliens exist.

I have had experiences too, in fact many people on this site have, you are not special in that regard, What I saw was clearly natural phenomena, and no reason to think what I saw was extra extraterrestrial, so what makes you experience more valid than mine here?

If you think we are the most intelligent species in the vast universe you are incredibly egotistical and blind... understated tho. I am here to find clues and answers and read about scientific development if i put my two cents in its your right to disagree but think about what you are trying to prove and why you are so sure of it.

No you are not, you are looking for woo to fit your view and self validation, your quest is seen here every other day, the people who REALLY want to now are indeed truly open minded and are willing to explore are open to all answers, not just the ones they favour, in your case - the ETH. There is much ground work before there is any meaningful connection between what you saw and an answer. Nobody is likely to doubt your sighting, but many are likely to doubt your forgone conclusions that you claim not to have. Disagreement is fine, but it can be amicable, there is no need for people to see the ETH as you do to offer a meaningful contribution. It just depends on wether that is what you are really after or not, and to be honest, it would seem not.

• Like 3

Nnicolette, I have a simple challenge (born out of my laziness to not want to go wading through this obvious train wreck of a thread).

Could you please regale us with your VERY BEST tale - the one you think is absolutely the most convincing and well-evidenced - the one where us ebil debunkers and skeptics have given you an unreasonably hard time.

Feel free to just throw me a link, and I promise that I will very politely and comprehensively address it.

If, at this point, you feel uncomfortable about that request, and are a little nervous that your best might be not good enough - well, perhaps you should reflect upon that for a while...

Otherwise, please walk the walk rather than call us 'brainwashed', 'ignorant', 'stubborn', 'close minded', 'egotistical' and 'blind', amongst other polite endearments...

BTW, do you know what ad hominem means? :)

• Like 4

If Dr Edgar Mitchell has evidence to back up his various claims, why doesn't he produce it? If he doesn't, then regardless of his experiences as a fighter pilot, test pilot and astronaut, his pronouncements are of no more value than anyone else who claims to have evidence but produces nothing.

• Like 1

If Dr Edgar Mitchell has evidence to back up his various claims, why doesn't he produce it? If he doesn't, then regardless of his experiences as a fighter pilot, test pilot and astronaut, his pronouncements are of no more value than anyone else who claims to have evidence but produces nothing.

I don't think it's possible to present evidence of conversations, Derek ...

(unless you secretly record them)

Edgar Mitchell seems to say (in so many words)...this is what I have gathered / know ...take it or leave it....

• Like 1

I don't think it's possible to present evidence of conversations, Derek ...

(unless you secretly record them)

Edgar Mitchell seems to say (in so many words)...this is what I have gathered / know ...take it or leave it....

Yes, that seems to be the way he does things. And that is a pity. Mitchell is undoubtedly a courageous man - his career demonstrates that - and I doubt he is afraid of anyone or anything. Why then doesn't he try to persuade the people with whom he had conversations to provide the evidence they claim to have. If that evidence was made public by one of the world's few genuine heroes, nothing bad would happen to those people. Edgar Mitchell is in a unique position to do that.

Yes, that seems to be the way he does things. And that is a pity. Mitchell is undoubtedly a courageous man - his career demonstrates that - and I doubt he is afraid of anyone or anything. Why then doesn't he try to persuade the people with whom he had conversations to provide the evidence they claim to have. If that evidence was made public by one of the world's few genuine heroes, nothing bad would happen to those people. Edgar Mitchell is in a unique position to do that.

I expect some of them have died and others might be living on their pensions that they wouldn't have if they broke

their legally binding oaths...?

As for nothing bad happening to them .....mmmmmm.....no one can guarantee that, not even the 6th man to walk

on the Moon.... (IMO)

• Like 1

from the OP link...

'My own experience talking to people has made it clear the ETs had been attempting to keep us from going to war and help create peace on Earth.'

Dr Mitchell says stories from people who manned missile bases during the 20th Century back up his claims.

I'd say that this is Edgar's personal interpretation of what he has heard or talked about -

But who knows'..? ...he could be right...

Or it could be that detonating powerful nuclear weapons in tests.... ripped into space and time and let them in

or brought them closer ...?

I expect some of them have died and others might be living on their pensions that they wouldn't have if they broke

their legally binding oaths...?

As for nothing bad happening to them .....mmmmmm.....no one can guarantee that, not even the 6th man to walk

on the Moon.... (IMO)

Like I say, I doubt a man like Edgar Mitchell is afraid of anything. He was, after all, part of the first mission following the ill-fated Apollo 13. That takes some courage.

If the people he has talked to do have actual evidence of ET, and as a consequence of breaking any legally binding oaths find themselves in difficulties, I doubt anyone would begrudge them income from books etc. to pay legal fees and replace their pensions.

If all Edgar Mitchell has regarding ET is hearsay, then that is fair enough. And that takes me back to my original point: if it is only hearsay then the fact that he was the sixth man on the Moon is of no consequence.

Like I say, I doubt a man like Edgar Mitchell is afraid of anything. He was, after all, part of the first mission following the ill-fated Apollo 13. That takes some courage.

Absolutely....I totally agree

If the people he has talked to do have actual evidence of ET, and as a consequence of breaking any legally binding oaths find themselves in difficulties, I doubt anyone would begrudge them income from books etc. to pay legal fees and replace their pensions.

Even if they secreted any evidence away and took it home and hid it for decades...I doubt it would be definite

enough or un-debunkable... :)

And as for relying on the public for their vital living expenses...that is obviously risky...and..................

don't you know that if a UFO/ET 'supporter' writes a book it just means they are full of BS

and 'on the make'....fleecing the gullible etc etc..... :innocent: ....so again...risky

If all Edgar Mitchell has regarding ET is hearsay, then that is fair enough. And that takes me back to my original point: if it is only hearsay then the fact that he was the sixth man on the Moon is of no consequence.

personally I am more inclined to take notice of what EM has to say on the subject (potentially right places,right time, right contacts)

than say...someone who works in my local shop and has never been in the right place etc...

But that's just me..... ^_^

Even if they secreted any evidence away and took it home and hid it for decades...I doubt it would be definite

enough or un-debunkable... :)

And as for relying on the public for their vital living expenses...that is obviously risky...and..................

don't you know that if a UFO/ET 'supporter' writes a book it just means they are full of BS

and 'on the make'....fleecing the gullible etc etc..... :innocent: ....so again...risky

personally I am more inclined to take notice of what EM has to say on the subject (potentially right places,right time, right contacts)

than say...someone who works in my local shop and has never been in the right place etc...

But that's just me..... ^_^

If the guys Edgar Mitchell has talked to have no irrefutable evidence then, naturally, nothing can be proven.

But if they do have irrefutable evidence (and surely any alien hardware would have survived the past few decades) then that is a whole different ball game. If they could show a genuine alien craft - or even parts from a genuine alien craft - inside Area 51 or wherever, then I don't think the debunkers would get much airplay. In fact, I think the debunkers would wholeheartedly support Edgar Mitchell, provided the hardware has been analysed by the best scientists available.

What I find almost contradictory about Edgar Mitchell is this:

Another of the Apollo astronauts, Jim Irwin (sadly deceased), passionately believed that Noah's Ark is on Mount Ararat in Turkey. Irwin raised money and used his own money to mount expeditions to look for the Ark. On one occasion he fell on the mountain and was badly injured. Jim Irwin deserves respect for making a serious attempt to find evidence of his beliefs.

Of all the people who have ever taken an interest in UFOs and ET - from either side of the fence - Edgar Mitchell is probably best placed to find out the truth. Through his career in the military and at NASA, his contribution to society is exemplary. His courage is without doubt. And having a Ph.D. in engineering demonstrates his intelligence. Being who he is could have opened doors firmly shut to ordinary people, and gained the ear of the highest in the land. Yet he seems to have been content to say: "I was told such and such by so and so". I find it really odd that Mitchell didn't attempt to move mountains and find out if there is any actual evidence for UFOs and ET. I doubt there will ever be anyone in his position again.

Why are you guys so focused on arguing that you cant even comprehend that i didnt try to prove anything to your stubborn unteachable minds. If you ever paid attention to what i actually said instead of being deadset on website links being more significant than real life you would notice that i was talking about reasoning and understanding the posibilities. I dont claim anything on the internet i read as fact merely suggest that you are well read enough to consider the implications of the claims. But you are so smart for making up ridiculously off the mark insults about what i think or know and claiming it makes you wiser than me. Good research. Get a grip on reality old phogies.

Obviously, when you say we have "stubborn unteachable minds" it is clear that you did not learn anything at all.

You are very gullible. You accept all sorts of stories despite it being quite clear that there is nothing there but a story with no supporting evidence. We've all heard the "possibilities" claim thousands of times before. That is one of the lame excuses believers use to try and prop up a failed position. This is done by believer in lieu of doing any research or applying critical thinking or asking questions about the veracity of some story.

I think the person that needs to take a trip back to reality is the believer.

Here are some other lame ideas that believers toss my way on a regular basis:

1. Science is always wrong

2. With all of these stories there must be some truth

3. Anything is possible

4. The myths are all based on some truth

5. Lots of unnamed high profile people think the way of the believer

6. With the universe as big as it is there must be aliens out there

7. Columbus proved the world was round

Don't think that is inclusive. It's not.

Investigate stories. Ask tough questions of the stories. Learn more to ask tougher questions. That's what the people you label as "phogies", "stubborn", and "unteachable" do. You should join that group to shed your gullible nature.

• Like 3

Psyche I didnt read all of that because im busy and you just started making up stuff about me in the end but i agree. The two ufos i saw were very low flying and didnt leave the atmosphere. If i had to venture a best guess i would say governments or people could have made it. In fact i would bet on it because it wasnt uniform smooth formed surface outside it almost looked like regular bolted in silver metalic panels. pretty basic and familiar building structure with rectangular possibly glass windows going aeound it. Well they were both different but from what i could see the other larger one wasnt nearly as close but it had simple white lights on the bottom and was dull maybe even cobbled together pieces.

You dont have to believe me but i agree those factors do make them seem a bit local. I dont necessarily associate ufos with aliens and have never seen a grey. The two subjects arent really related.

Which leads me to my conclusion that if ufos did in fact disable nukes, the most likely attempt was from earlier generation drones of yet to be defined sources.

• Like 1

Why are you guys so focused on arguing that you cant even comprehend that i didnt try to prove anything to your stubborn unteachable minds.

Because our stubborn unteachable minds cannot even begin to fathom why you would want to propagate something that is provable false. And been shown to be false numerous times on this very board. And claims that one with even the most mediocre critical thinking skills would have recognized as bunk.

If you ever paid attention to what i actually said instead of being deadset on website links being more significant than real life you would notice that i was talking about reasoning and understanding the posibilities.

So I presume you mean this post of yours:

I think this is all a pretty basic concept. A more advanced or custodial species could be seen as the adults here. As a parent you can ask the child not to touch the hot stove and point out that it shouldn't be touched but if you just "put up a babygate" without explanation the child doesnt ever comprehend the danger involved. Even more dangerously the child becomes more dependant on the adult to prevent the danger. Im no psychologist but if you just think about whats going on i think it should be pretty obvious that any highly intelligent benevolent species will also know this. So perhaps a gentle warning is actually the best they know to stop us from destroying ourselves, and also clarify thier intent.

Nothing wrong with contemplating possibilities, but the possibility of some guardian ET race looking after us and shutting down our nuclear arsenal is just so absurd that it defies explanation. Not only has there never ever been a single instant of any UFO doing anything to any nuclear weapon, nor would it make any sense whatsoever.

I dont claim anything on the internet i read as fact merely suggest that you are well read enough to consider the implications of the claims. But you are so smart for making up ridiculously off the mark insults about what i think or know and claiming it makes you wiser than me. Good research. Get a grip on reality old phogies.

We do have a grip on reality, and the fact is that the idea that ET is protecting us from ourselves and nukes is beyond idiotic.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 3

I want to know why the fascination with nukes? Nuclear explosions are natural, they go on all the time, in every part of space. Fusion, too, for that matter. Why would any other civilization care if we had nukes?

I'm learning more and more about WWI, and why it was "The War to End All Wars". Because up to that time, it was the most efficient (if you want to use that term) war in all of history. More people were killed in a single month, or day, than at any comparable time in human history (barring natural disasters). Yet while there was the "Angel of Mons" (which is totally fabricated), there seems to be no alien intervention in that war at all. Nor was there anything happening at Trinity, or Hiroshima, or Nagasaki, or Bikini, or anyplace else at the time of detonation.

• Like 1

I want to know why the fascination with nukes? Nuclear explosions are natural, they go on all the time, in every part of space. Fusion, too, for that matter. Why would any other civilization care if we had nukes?

I'm learning more and more about WWI, and why it was "The War to End All Wars". Because up to that time, it was the most efficient (if you want to use that term) war in all of history. More people were killed in a single month, or day, than at any comparable time in human history (barring natural disasters). Yet while there was the "Angel of Mons" (which is totally fabricated), there seems to be no alien intervention in that war at all. Nor was there anything happening at Trinity, or Hiroshima, or Nagasaki, or Bikini, or anyplace else at the time of detonation.

It is obviously a figment of some believers imagination that ET would have any interest in nuclear devices on Earth. As you note, nuclear explosions go off all the time in the Universe, the Sun is essentially one humongously large thermonuclear detonation constantly going on. Why would they even care? Besides that, there are impacts going on all the time that completely dwarfs the collective nuclear arsenal on Earth. To think ET would have any interest whatsoever is hilariously naive.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

Just like it's idiotic to think "they" come here for our gold, or other natural resource. That was something I bought into when I was 11, but then again, I bought into pro wrestling about the same time, so that tells you how stupid I was in those days. (You can think it, but don't say it.)

Would aliens really fly 600 trillion miles for a natural element they can get almost literally anywhere else in the universe?

• Like 1

Just like it's idiotic to think "they" come here for our gold, or other natural resource. That was something I bought into when I was 11, but then again, I bought into pro wrestling about the same time, so that tells you how stupid I was in those days. (You can think it, but don't say it.)

Would aliens really fly 600 trillion miles for a natural element they can get almost literally anywhere else in the universe?

Yeah, that excuse for promoting the idea of ET visitation is just as idiotic. Not only do such exist all over the place, but if it really needed to be mined ET certainly wouldn't do it on Earth where it has to be brought out of the Earth's gravity well, but extract it from whatever space rocks were in the vicinity.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

Yeah, that excuse for promoting the idea of ET visitation is just as idiotic. Not only do such exist all over the place, but if it really needed to be mined ET certainly wouldn't do it on Earth where it has to be brought out of the Earth's gravity well, but extract it from whatever space rocks were in the vicinity.

Cheers,

Badeskov

I can certainly suspend my disbelief if that's you know, the plot of a movie, or fictional book, or something, but if you're seriously proposing it as the truth, you'd have an easier time convincing me that Chris Christie is a candidate for Mr. America, not the presidency.

• Like 1

I can certainly suspend my disbelief if that's you know, the plot of a movie, or fictional book, or something, but if you're seriously proposing it as the truth, you'd have an easier time convincing me that Chris Christie is a candidate for Mr. America, not the presidency.

Oh yes, we can all delve into a movie, but when presented as a very probable reason for ET visitation (and the reason for why ET visitation is actually happening), I gotta shake my head. It is just as with cattle mutilations, abductions and crop circles. It baffles the mind.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

He has come forth with his sources, it is just that UFology keeps them under wraps for their own good. They include Bob Lazar, Stephen Greer and some cattle ranchers he grew up with that went so far as to tug on his sleeve when he spoke about Apollo locally. He states NASA is on the level, and has no firsthand knowledge, those parts rarely make the UFO pages either. The ties he alludes to having discussed this with Authority pans out badly too, Admiral WIlson remembers meeting him and Greer, but also remembers being polite to both on Edgars behalf, but thought they were both crackpots and does not remember the conversation Greer claims they had, despite witnesses to prove that conversation never happened.

Edgar Mitchell knows as much about aliens as any cheap paperback novelist does.

And you are right, he can be a cranky old man with no fear, he will abuse anyone whether they deserve it or not. He didn't mind having a go at Bill Nye, when Bye asked him perfectly valid questions, he acted no better than your average UFOlogist there.

Oh yes, we can all delve into a movie, but when presented as a very probable reason for ET visitation (and the reason for why ET visitation is actually happening), I gotta shake my head. It is just as with cattle mutilations, abductions and crop circles. It baffles the mind.

Cheers,

Badeskov

...And ghosts, and demons, and fairies, and leprechauns, and all the other mythical and legendary things that people have made up over the millenia. I wonder when zombies will get the attention that UFOs and ghosts do? I've never heard of anyone seriously making the claim of seeing, let alone photographing, a genuine Romero-type zombie (as they do aliens).

Although I can see the page of the Weekly World News: "A zombie impregnated me!" I can't believe no one's come up with that angle yet. It's just too obvious.

Edited by Leo Krupe
  • Like 2

...And ghosts, and demons, and fairies, and leprechauns, and all the other mythical and legendary things that people have made up over the millenia. I wonder when zombies will get the attention that UFOs and ghosts do? I've never heard of anyone seriously making the claim of seeing, let alone photographing, a genuine Romero-type zombie (as they do aliens).

Although I can see the page of the Weekly World News: "A zombie impregnated me!" I can't believe no one's come up with that angle yet. It's just too obvious.

Oh yes, it is quite incredible what people can come up with!

Cheers,

Badeskov

Psyche I didnt read all of that because im busy and you just started making up stuff about me in the end but i agree.

Hi Nnicolette

Thank you for acknowledging my post - sincerely, it is all I can ask. And I apologise if you feel I am making stuff up about you,. it is what I gather from the posts you have left, and am more than happy to be corrected as you have on certain points later in this post. It is not intended to offend you, that is just the honest impression I get. I genuinely appreciate the honest and sensible reply.

The two ufos i saw were very low flying and didnt leave the atmosphere.

A great start, we can already determine your UFO had to have some aerodynamics about it as it had to fly through low atmosphere :tu: That you could make out panels would indicate a fairly close encounter?

The last one I saw was when I was visiting New Zealand on Holiday. My Holiday house was directly opposite the remarkables Ski Fields placing the landing path to the airport directly in my view, which was handy to get some detail from. It was a blue/white sphere that seemed to break up and travelled horizontally.

If i had to venture a best guess i would say governments or people could have made it. In fact i would bet on it because it wasnt uniform smooth formed surface outside it almost looked like regular bolted in silver metalic panels. pretty basic and familiar building structure with rectangular possibly glass windows going aeound it. Well they were both different but from what i could see the other larger one wasnt nearly as close but it had simple white lights on the bottom and was dull maybe even cobbled together pieces.

Sound hypothesis!

Kenneth Arnold came to the very same conclusion when he had his sighting. The UFO websites do not usually mention that.

Would it be possible that it was someone's project? Some really smart hobbyists are messing with some impressive projects in their backyards, I'd love to see one in action - this link is about one local to myself - LINK Inventor is building his own flying saucer in the Hunter Valley

Maybe we can band together here to see if anyone is building anything like that anywhere near your sighting? Probably a dead end, but perhaps a serious start? I am sure everyone here would be willing to help you.

You dont have to believe me but i agree those factors do make them seem a bit local.

I have no reason to doubt you, and your reply makes me think your passion just leads you to avenues I have explored in the past and rejected as possibles based on their own merits. In short, I might disagree with the more extraordinary conclusions, but do not doubt that you saw something unusual for one second.

I dont necessarily associate ufos with aliens and have never seen a grey.

Nice to know, that you support the ETH in some instances offered me a different conclusion, but I am more than happy to stand corrected. It's a little heartwarming actually.

I actually like that you stand behind your claims, and that is why you attract my attention. I appreciate people who are willing to put forward their thoughts no matter what or who they may be up against with a reasonable sensible debate. I think you have a strong character.

The two subjects arent really related.

I agree, and I find that pop culture seems to be what binds the two largely. A good reason to re-evaluate the claims.

Which leads me to my conclusion that if ufos did in fact disable nukes, the most likely attempt was from earlier generation drones of yet to be defined sources.

I would only suggest that you consider if there is even any veracity to the story to begin with. Documents from the time frame show us directly that the UFO claims are nonsense, and with the assistance of Tim Herbert we have an intimate knowledge of how these systems are put together. Being an electrician, I saw problems immediately in the wiring configuration that made the UFO claims impossible, it is usually a painful slog, but the original documents tend to tell us a great deal about these incidents that have been tainted with exaggerated memories and the influences of UFOlogy. Rumours abound, and do in every field, the original documents are the only way to separate rumour from fact.

Been a pleasure talking Nnicolette. Have a great day.