Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aliens tried to save America from nuclear war

Anomalocaris

I'd like to think that Man has enough fellowship and reason to be given the credit (on all sides) for things having not escalated to a point of no return. If it was from sheer luck, that's possible, but I'll still take it, over us being dependent on an outside force to stop us from killing ourselves through ignorance. And I fully support the looking for ETs and all that.

What I find almost contradictory about Edgar Mitchell is this:

Another of the Apollo astronauts, Jim Irwin (sadly deceased), passionately believed that Noah's Ark is on Mount Ararat in Turkey. Irwin raised money and used his own money to mount expeditions to look for the Ark. On one occasion he fell on the mountain and was badly injured. Jim Irwin deserves respect for making a serious attempt to find evidence of his beliefs.

Of all the people who have ever taken an interest in UFOs and ET - from either side of the fence - Edgar Mitchell is probably best placed to find out the truth. Through his career in the military and at NASA, his contribution to society is exemplary. His courage is without doubt. And having a Ph.D. in engineering demonstrates his intelligence. Being who he is could have opened doors firmly shut to ordinary people, and gained the ear of the highest in the land. Yet he seems to have been content to say: "I was told such and such by so and so". I find it really odd that Mitchell didn't attempt to move mountains and find out if there is any actual evidence for UFOs and ET. I doubt there will ever be anyone in his position again.

Well Edgar is obviously a highly intelligent man - and he certainly would know the limits when it comes to

disclosing classified information -

I think he is careful to keep within limits and probably knows a lot more than he has relayed to the public in

interviews etc...? And may have seen evidence that has made him confident about 'going public'...

but that doesn't automatically mean he can get hold of the evidence - and display it in some way -

In other words he's not stupid enough to be 'suicidal' about it all - :)

BUT - I do believe that he is telling the public what he can in a way that he can - and probably hasn't revealed

most of his sources because he would not want to get them into trouble - he doesn't pander to what other

people think he should do or how he should do it - he's his own man -

and as I said earlier in the thread - his attitude seems to be - - - take it or leave it....

From a recent interview - July this year -

http://observer.com/...-and-the-world/

Not only that, His controversial views on the existence of extraterrestrials are often cited by UFO documentaries and conspiracy theorists from around the world. After receiving the Presidential Medal of Freedom from Richard Nixon in 1970 and his retirement from NASA two years later, Mitchell has been outspoken about the government’s alleged knowledge and coverup regarding alien visitation.
You have made controversial statements in the past regarding the existence of extraterrestrials. Do you still stand by these statements?

Yes I do. The evidence for visiting of other species goes back in historical record. Back past the bible to ancient times. Clearly they have been coming here in more recent times. Governments keep hushing it up. They don’t really want to talk about it.

Why do you think they refuse to talk about it?

I don’t really know a good reason for that except for fear. Fear of not wanting to acknowledge that we’re not the best thing around. There’s a lot of rumor around stuff going on. I do know personally all the published research here and in South America and I’m on first name basis with everyone in the field. There is no doubt that they’ve visited and they are here now. I think the best answer is that the real control of information is about money. The government and powerful parties may use the technology for profit motives. They want to hold onto everything. Particularly the idea of going off the planet – they want to hold onto it. The monied interest has a hold on it

So he still stands by what he has said - and everyone can take it or leave it because he's doing it his way -

:tu:

Well Edgar is obviously a highly intelligent man - and he certainly would know the limits when it comes to

disclosing classified information -

I think he is careful to keep within limits and probably knows a lot more than he has relayed to the public in

interviews etc...? And may have seen evidence that has made him confident about 'going public'...

but that doesn't automatically mean he can get hold of the evidence - and display it in some way -

In other words he's not stupid enough to be 'suicidal' about it all - :)

BUT - I do believe that he is telling the public what he can in a way that he can - and probably hasn't revealed

most of his sources because he would not want to get them into trouble - he doesn't pander to what other

people think he should do or how he should do it - he's his own man -

and as I said earlier in the thread - his attitude seems to be - - - take it or leave it....

From a recent interview - July this year -

So he still stands by what he has said - and everyone can take it or leave it because he's doing it his way -

:tu:

I can't really argue with any of that. It boils down to Edgar Mitchell claiming he knows stuff, but won't say what it is. Seems a pity.

He is now almost eighty-five and won't be around a great deal longer. Perhaps he can leave everything he knows in a safety deposit box with instructions to open it after his death?

I can't really argue with any of that. It boils down to Edgar Mitchell claiming he knows stuff, but won't say what it is. Seems a pity.

He is now almost eighty-five and won't be around a great deal longer. Perhaps he can leave everything he knows in a safety deposit box with instructions to open it after his death?

Or just make a death-bed confession. Those always go over well.

LOL KNows stuff :D

That made me smile!!

He is rabbiting on about Ancient Aliens.

He doesn't "know stuff"

Anyone who runs with Ancient Aliens doesn't "know stuff" that is grade level noob UFOlogy.

Rather sad that he seems to have effectively shot his accomplishments in the foot, the funny little UFO guy who had something to do with that early moon stuff.

His entire argument seems to mostly consist of:

looks-like-an-alien-to-me.jpg

LOL KNows stuff :D

That made me smile!!

I said Edgar Mitchell CLAIMS he knows stuff.

I don't know if he knows stuff or not, but if he does - as I have been pointing out - surely he should let everyone else know.

• Like 1

I said Edgar Mitchell CLAIMS he knows stuff.

I don't know if he knows stuff or not, but if he does - as I have been pointing out - surely he should let everyone else know.

My bad, :D You are completely correct.

LOL, Ancient Aliens.

He claims he has no firsthand knowledge, so I'd say that puts him in the same boat as anyone who like woo websites.

Neither I, nor any crew I was on (I was on three Apollo crews), received any briefing before or after flights on UFO events, saw anything in space suggesting UFOs or structures on the moon, etc. We did it just like we said in official reports. My only claim to knowledge of these events is from the individuals, mostly of yesteryear, who were in government, intelligence, or military; were there, saw what they saw, and now believe it should be made public. But I claim no first hand knowledge, nor have any. Pass it on to the rest of the net, if you will. --Edgar Mitchell

It's a merry-go-round subject - :)

That at the end of the day is down to personal opinion -

Psyche's ( :st ) opinion is that EM doesn't 'know stuff' -

Derek's opinion is that EM claims to know stuff but he (Derek) doesn't know if he does 'know stuff' or not -

My opinion is that EM does know stuff (albeit not first hand stuff)

Thank you and Good Day - :geek:

:P

there's no such thing as extraterrestrial visitation. Psyche has said so. :)

Edited by Norbert the Incredible
  • Like 1

It's a merry-go-round subject - :)

That at the end of the day is down to personal opinion -

Psyche's ( :st ) opinion is that EM doesn't 'know stuff' -

Derek's opinion is that EM claims to know stuff but he (Derek) doesn't know if he does 'know stuff' or not -

My opinion is that EM does know stuff (albeit not first hand stuff)

Thank you and Good Day - :geek:

:P

Heya Sweetness!! :D

We all know stuff that is not firsthand don't we?

• Like 1

there's no such thing as extraterrestrial visitation. Psyche has said so. :)

Actually, to correct you, I said there is no proof of extraterrestrial visitation.

But on both counts, please prove me incorrect. I would be rather pleased if that was possible with regards to ET visitation.

• Like 3

Actually, to correct you, I said there is no proof of extraterrestrial visitation.

But on both counts, please prove me incorrect. I would be rather pleased if that was possible with regards to ET visitation.

Please don't mind m jumping in here. Psyche, you were in the "UFO's over Washington DC" thread. A quick encapsulation for others: On 4 separate dates in August 1952, UFO's appeared over Washington DC, and particularly, over the home of the POTUS, the White House. The USAF scrambled jets on each occasion. The UFO's were picked up by 2 military radar installations and Washington National airport radar as well, and were closed in on by AF jets, as well as jets being closed in on by UFO's. There was testimony from pilots about their encounters, directly and indirectly to the media. The UFO's were seen by civilian and military personnel on the ground as well. If four days of "all that" is not enough evidence to constitute "proof beyond a reasonable shadow of a doubt" for you, nothing ever will be that.

Somethings flew over Washington at the height of the Cold War. Going out on a limb here ... They probably had CCCP on the side of them and there was a Telex message to the tune of "ner ner ner" from Moscow awaiting the President.

Somethings flew over Washington at the height of the Cold War. Going out on a limb here ... They probably had CCCP on the side of them and there was a Telex message to the tune of "ner ner ner" from Moscow awaiting the President.

The evidence is underwhelming! How can anyone doubt it never happened!?!? earthvsflyingsaucers-ship.jpg
  • Like 3

Ive not followed this thread....but, has this been posted yet?

Edgar Mitchell, the 6th man to walk on the moon, accuses a British paper of fabricating a story about ETs saving America.

"I don't know where The Mirror got the story," Mitchell, 84, said in an email to The Huffington Post, accusing the paper of fabricating his quotes and denying that an interview for this story ever took place.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/moonwalker-edgar-mitchell-denies-saying-ets-prevented-nuclear-war_55d61660e4b07addcb45eb80?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000602&kvcommref=mostpopular

• Like 6

Nice catch, Seeder.

Oh, dear oh dear. Deja vu, anyone? And surely not - a media outlet beating up a false story? That could never happen, after all, in the OP we were given the original source video/audio, where Edgar said... umm.. umm.. ummm..... Oh wait...

No, if you check the souirce, it's a whole pile of claims about what Mitchell 'supposedly' said. No video, no audio, no transcript. Just lots of made up crap with a few exaggerations thrown in.

But hey, it was way good enough for some folks here. Just goes to show you... or maybe it doesn't, as this same old story gets reprised every few months.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 3

Even after this revelation, I'm sure some will still come in here and defend the indefensible.

• Like 1

@ seeder - thanks for the link - :tu:

No, if you check the souirce, it's a whole pile of claims about what Mitchell 'supposedly' said. No video, no audio, no transcript. Just lots of made up crap with a few exaggerations thrown in.

I agree ChrLzs - you really can't beat a video to eliminate shenanigans - :)

For example here's one from seeder's link...

http://www.huffingto...ref=mostpopular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPsBV0TZLy4

I feel ashamed after having attacked Mitchell.

Edited by Anomalocaris

That doesn't mean that there are bad intentions behind. Sometimes we (OP) make mistakes, that's all.

Of course - no problem

I was kind of teasing chrLzs by agreeing with the statement about the video because YouTube videos get

a lot of criticism usually - haha

The whole thing was probably a little PSYOPS vignette to try and discredit EM because he is such a high profile discloser

• Like 1

Many have shared at least once a hoax in the past.

http://www.unexplain...ic=257620&st=45

KIndly state, in your own words, why you use that link in the context of a hoax?

Peace, brothers, peace!

hippiedog_zpsdhdvsi6i.jpg

• Like 2

This reminds me of the book The Spaceships of Ezekiel. Although to be fair, that book was speculative in its essence.

But here there is a whole eerie mystery. It's like Voynich manuscript, UFO style. Or as the Codex Seraphinianus

So I will use the Occam's razor, and therefore I remain firm in my position that this is a very elaborate hoax.

Edited by Anomalocaris

Thread cleaned

Seeder and Anomalocaris - perhaps it would be prudent to place each other on ignore ?

• Like 1