Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aliens tried to save America from nuclear war

Anomalocaris

Peace, brothers, peace!

hippiedog_zpsdhdvsi6i.jpg

One of the Ascended Basset Masters at Woodstock?

• Like 1

I agree ChrLzs - you really can't beat a video to eliminate shenanigans - :)

For example here's one from seeder's link...

http://www.huffingto...ref=mostpopular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPsBV0TZLy4

Well, here's your big chance, Bee!!! Call me lazy, but I thought this was a DISCUSSION forum, where people were expected to actually SAY stuff (or quote or properly cite) and then politely debate the content and how well it is backed up by evidence..

Now, if this was ME, I would not only give you a time (ie minutes and seconds) in the video where the critical words were spoken and the evidence was presented, but also a transcript of what he said, precisely...

It's not me, and of course Bee, you didn't bother even saying what you think he said. So here, lemme help. You just give the timing in that video, OK????

And I'll then do a transcript (including context) for you and we'll all discuss what he knows (or what he has heard from his mates like Greer..) and how it directly relates to the claim made in the OP..

Now, IF you don't do that, and IF I go and take a look at what he says and it doesn't match up with the claims being made here, I will NOT be very happy and I think YOU will need to apologise.

So, where in that video does it back up the claims made in this thread?

Please REREAD the OP before answering.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1

This thread does seem to have a remarkable ability to make people type in large bold font. :unsure:

• Like 2

Just trying to make sure that Bee doesn't get to pretend she forgot her glasses when she reads my response to her rather unjustifiably sarcastic post...

This thread does seem to have a remarkable ability to make people type in large bold font. :unsure:

And in a HARIBO fashion as well. :yes:

A new story from HuffPost has Mitchell denying he made the quotes referred to in this story. Now whether HuffPost is a good source of information is a debate for another thread. All of which shows the need for people to use the organ between their ears when considering online stories pertaining to this subject.. This is my first attempt to insert a link to a story, so cut me some slack if I hose it up.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/moonwalker-edgar-mitchell-denies-saying-ets-prevented-nuclear-war_55d61660e4b07addcb45eb80?utm_hp_ref=weird-news

He is either lost the plot or telling some truth , but with him denying that he made any quotes makes you wounder . Because I'd of thought whatever part of the nasa team see's or speak wouldn't be allowed out to the public would be some document they have all have to sign . Who knows though 😏 bit far fetched to make up ? Or that space dust has gone to his brain haha xx

He is either lost the plot or telling some truth , but with him denying that he made any quotes makes you wounder...

Well, Bee will be along any minute now to point out where in that video she posted, Mitchell said what he was purported to have said in the OP....

Or maybe she won't, because he DIDN'T. Not only didn't he say it, his belief in ET is based pretty much entirely on the hearsay of others.

Edgar has always been a great fan of the ET hypothesis, but has frequently made it clear that he DOESN'T have any direct evidence, not even any copies of paperwork, nor has he even seen any of the evidence that he thinks others have, himself... Without any of that, his stories count for about the same as any good sci-fi flick, when it comes to actual happenings. And Edgar has a problem with credibility, especially given the folks he hangs with and seems to happily believe include some rather well known for being lying/scamming moneymakers..

• Like 2

Well, Bee will be along any minute now to point out where in that video she posted, Mitchell said what he was purported to have said in the OP....

Or maybe she won't, because he DIDN'T. Not only didn't he say it, his belief in ET is based pretty much entirely on the hearsay of others.

Edgar has always been a great fan of the ET hypothesis, but has frequently made it clear that he DOESN'T have any direct evidence, not even any copies of paperwork, nor has he even seen any of the evidence that he thinks others have, himself... Without any of that, his stories count for about the same as any good sci-fi flick, when it comes to actual happenings. And Edgar has a problem with credibility, especially given the folks he hangs with and seems to happily believe include some rather well known for being lying/scamming moneymakers..

Be it Edgar Mitchell, Boyd Bushman, Bob Lazar and so on. It is always so much easier to believe that to know. The latter does require some brain activity and some intellectual integrity, both of which seems to be sorely missing from a select few posters here.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov
  • Like 2

Thinking?! That sounds like a lot of work. Seriously though some of these threads I wonder if there's going to be a pop up ad with Allen Funt and I find myself looking aimlessly around my room for the camera.

Please don't mind m jumping in here. Psyche, you were in the "UFO's over Washington DC" thread. A quick encapsulation for others: On 4 separate dates in August 1952, UFO's appeared over Washington DC, and particularly, over the home of the POTUS, the White House. The USAF scrambled jets on each occasion. The UFO's were picked up by 2 military radar installations and Washington National airport radar as well, and were closed in on by AF jets, as well as jets being closed in on by UFO's. There was testimony from pilots about their encounters, directly and indirectly to the media. The UFO's were seen by civilian and military personnel on the ground as well. If four days of "all that" is not enough evidence to constitute "proof beyond a reasonable shadow of a doubt" for you, nothing ever will be that.

It is not proof of spaceships by any means, one has to build up the story for spaceships to be a plausible answer.

1 - what makes that different from the Belgian Flop? i.e why is it not Natural Phenomena?

2 - What makes the objects spaceships?

3 - When was any single object recorded as coming from, or going into space?

Anecdotes and hearsay are not proof, we have been over that and you know it very well. As opposed to your usual manner of getting a conclusion , and then looking at the incident, in this instance, lets try it the other way around - why are said objects spaceships - we should establish that first shouldn't we?

Are you capable of fathoming that UFO's may not be uber advanced alien spaceships? You should establish that before continuing.

When the same thing happened in 1966, J ALlen Hynek termed the phenomena swamp gas, a title that has been the source of derision of the UFO community since that fateful day, yet Hynek was heralded as the most honest and intelligent researcher with regards to UFOlogy by the general community. Show us that people only want to hear what they want to hear. When Hynek spoke of ET, he was the darling of UFOLogy, soon as he said "Hey, these things we are looking at in this instance are NOT spaceships, his adoring public turned on him in pack fashion.

1952 was just temperature inversions as well. This is what is called "Historical record" Earl. PIlots are not meteorologists and do not recognise these phenomena, and have a nuts and bolts mentality stuck in their head. Pilots are bad witnesses, and they would be a poor choice for deep space travel. Everyone who keeps pointing at them is still stuck in a world of up and down, which does not exist in space.

In fact, Navy would be far better suited to deep space exploration than the Air Force. A submarine crew would be the perfect choice for deep space exploration. They are already conditioned to isolation and working with instruments in a blind world.

You just need to slow down a little Earl. No, some dodgy claim from way back when, which have been verbally translated several times and come from untrained people, then passed onto UFO junkies on the Internet is NOT a conclusion that trumps trained observations from professionals in the field that were recorded in official capacities - it means the over excited civilians got it wrong, and guessed with oodles of imagination. I know you see yourself as a citizen, and cannot accept that someone might be more qualified to determine these objects than you, but it is true.

• Like 1

Ive not followed this thread....but, has this been posted yet?

Not the first time he has done an Interview to "Set the record straight" I often quote the interview he did with Lisa Bonnice in 2008 as well :tu:

He does continually make serious errors in his claims, and UFOlogy jumps on them like they are a smoking gun or something each and every time, it is getting a bit over the top. It won't be the last time we see controversial statements from Dr MItchell being promoted by others.

With the amount of basic corrections required to stagger through any one of Dr Mitchell's claims, it is only his moon record that keeps him in the limelight, and this nonsense erodes away at that marvelous accomplishment.

For instance, one of Dr Mitchell's oft repeated mistakes is that he makes the claim of The Roswell Daily Record stating that "An alien spaceship" and sometimes even embellished with bodies, crashed in Roswell when it never happened that way at all, The Roswell Daily record clearly reported a Hexagonal Disc, not a spaceship and aliens would not appear until Stanton Friedman invented them in 1980. And we have a strong solid record to prove that is the case, and that Dr MItchells claims are wrong. Yet we have heard them before, and will again, and Dr Mitchell will both support and deny the claim depending on the newspaper and day of the week.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

Old story, you know what happens with age - the eyes go.

Skeptics are not ready to accept the reality of extraterrestrial visitation just like pious men were not ready to accept evolution or that the Earth revolves around the sun. For those of us who have studied the evidence without beliefs, Aliens are a fact of life.

Skeptics are not ready to accept the reality of extraterrestrial visitation just like pious men were not ready to accept evolution or that the Earth revolves around the sun. For those of us who have studied the evidence without beliefs, Aliens are a fact of life.

This is just plain nonsense. ALL OF US SKEPTICS..... ALL OF US....want to know about aliens

There is just zero evidence and too much money spinning BS out there

ps: You can thank the skeptics for establishing the latter :tu:

Edited by seeder
  • Like 4

, Aliens are a fact of life.

Then present your facts. Im willing to learn something new.

• Like 2

Skeptics are not ready to accept the reality of extraterrestrial visitation just like pious men were not ready to accept evolution or that the Earth revolves around the sun.

Go try again.

You do not have what it takes to know how a skeptic's mind works The pious men you speak of dealt in belief, not fact. which is what you are selling here.

You just contradicted yourself.

Again.

For those of us who have studied the evidence without beliefs,

No such thing exists, which is why you cannot provide examples of this lie you keep spreading. You have been asked to present this alleged evidence, and failed each and every time.

Aliens are a fact of life.

No, they are speculation. They are likely to exist, but no guarantees can be offered. Whether they do or not is irrelevant anyway. There is no proof any such species has visited here, there is much speculation on poorly based observations and bucket load of pop culture mixed with over excitement, but that at the end of the day is all we really have. Speculation and poor observations coupled with even worse guesses.

• Like 1

Then present your facts. Im willing to learn something new.

He has nothing, the alarmists with no idea have only bad CT's to copy, as it is obvious more brainpower than that is just not there.

These clowns that insist that "Science will be turned on it's head!!" and "Science will have to be rewritten"!!!

and that

They do not want that, and all their hard work destroyed!!!!!!

Insert some bolding, red text and a bunch of emoticons to cover all posters and.....

We find they are just clueless fools. This HAS already happened., and more than once!! Science did not crumble and die, it grew stronger than it ever was, more scientists made names for themselves and the entire field received an injection in the arm, not a noose around the neck. This is why we have Mendelevium in our periodic table, and why students are not taught the theory of Phlogiston in schools.

Edited by psyche101

I love the idea that because we're skeptics, we must be unable to accept some sort of reality. Because skepticism, by definition, or something, means "doubt," so we must doubt certain things are real. I guess. It really doesn't make much sense, but I'm trying to understand the other point of view.

I'm failing.

• Like 1

It's not like we're maliciously skeptical(Oh, alright, may one or two are.) It's just that we'd like believable aliens to believe in and aliens that travel zillions of miles to doodle in our crops and create huge piles of crudely cut rocks for no apparent reason just don't make the grade.

• Like 2

Who says we should be able to even understand the reasons behind them appearing in peoples backyards and creating weird stuff in crops. It could be important work! I'm not saying aliens do those things btw as i have no proof like the next bloke, but it seems whenever anyone says anything that sounds humours to us or silly and farfetched, it's automatically discounted. We'll never know what those weird lights in the sky are and we'll never know for sure if those people who say they were abducted are telling the truth. We will never know anything for sure, and for some people, seeing is really believing. If they are already here, they obviously don't want to be seen by the masses. I can only hope in my lifetime, someone comes forward with some proof, or a big fat spaceship lands with all tv cameras rolling.

Who says we should be able to even understand the reasons behind them appearing in peoples backyards and creating weird stuff in crops. It could be important work! I'm not saying aliens do those things btw as i have no proof like the next bloke, but it seems whenever anyone says anything that sounds humours to us or silly and farfetched, it's automatically discounted. We'll never know what those weird lights in the sky are and we'll never know for sure if those people who say they were abducted are telling the truth. We will never know anything for sure, and for some people, seeing is really believing. If they are already here, they obviously don't want to be seen by the masses. I can only hope in my lifetime, someone comes forward with some proof, or a big fat spaceship lands with all tv cameras rolling.

You may feel that way, but with some elbow grease, some of us have delved into these claims in depth, and those conclusions seem pretty darn accurate to be frank.

• Like 1

LOL. Prove it then. Prove all of it.

• Like 1

FTR, I've already asked TaridID to simply post the best evidence he has. That's exactly what any scientist or real researcher or logical thinker would do, to back up their claims...

TaridID vanished at that point. I don't think he's all that confident in what he's got, despite his bold claims.

Added PS..

Oh that reminds me - where did Bee go? I hope she's alright.... (oh, wait - she's posting on *other* threads, just not this one..) :)

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 2