Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aliens tried to save America from nuclear war

Anomalocaris

Wy would I need to provide evidence for something that's already proven? Look around you. Aliens are a fact.

http://www.aliens-ev...nt-to-know.com/

If it is proven, you should be able to provide evidence, instead of wasting space with stupid links to fictional sites.

How is it you continue to fail in this regard when you claim it is a simple task?

bridge-troll-4e7123d-intro.jpg

• Like 1

Dear old Ed Mitchell.

Surely one problem with this is, The UFOs, he says, were spotted hovering over the world's first nuclear weapons test which took place on July 16, 1945 in the desolate White Sands deserts of New Mexico.

Now, since the nearest star at all (let alone any which might possibly potentially have habitable planets) is 4.2 light years away, how did they possibly know about the Manhattan Project, which was inaugurated in 1942? Especially since it was so secret, they must have had spies within the project, but even if they'd reported back on it straight away the message wouldn't have got back to proxima Centauri (which I'm using as an example because it's the nearest star) for 4.2 years, which wouldn't have been until 1946. And then, even if they'd decided to do something about it straight away and sent a crew to monitor the goings on, it wouldn't have got here until 1950, and that's assuming that they were able to travel at the speed of light. I suppose they may have had a warp drive, which would have simplified things a lot, of course, but even so they'd have had to have known that the development of nuclear weapons was being planned before it even was. Unless they'd been watching this planet ever since Einstein came up with the Theory of relativity, and they decided that that was likely to lead to development of a Nuke at some point, so they'd better keep an eye on things? But even then, if they had watched the Trinity test, why the heck did they then sit back and watch it be used on Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Thanks for your protection, vigilant ETs.

They could be so advanced they know how to use wormholes. I just don't believe its that far fetched we have been visited. Too many reputable people have seen them.

I think they have been coming here since the Neanderthals or possible even before. Who knows maybe they created us. Maybe there really is some truth to the bibles creation story.

A real unsolved mystery is Saturn's moon, Hyperion. Nothing else quite like it in the solar system. The more you read abo3a5a5b8942a7a28faecdbfe9d32a1925.jpgut it the weirder it gets.

• Like 1

A real unsolved mystery is Saturn's moon, Hyperion. Nothing else quite like it in the solar system. The more you read abo3a5a5b8942a7a28faecdbfe9d32a1925.jpgut it the weirder it gets.

Indeed, Neptune and Pluto have irregular moons as well, but this one is the biggest and rater fascinating as it seems it is probably mostly ice! A true water world!

It would be very confusing spending time on the surface, the sunrises and sunsets would be from any angle at any time. These irregular moons have chaotic orbits.

{media]

[/media]

Indeed, Neptune and Pluto have irregular moons as well, but this one is the biggest and rater fascinating as it seems it is probably mostly ice! A true water world!

It would be very confusing spending time on the surface, the sunrises and sunsets would be from any angle at any time. These irregular moons have chaotic orbits.

{media]

[/media]

Yeah, that's another weird thing. Hyperion is tumbling erratically in orbit but always presents the same side when Cassini passes and takes a shot of it.

• Like 1

That first shot of Hyperion reminds me of a coral reef. I wonder if it was formed by material (water? Steam? Other?) being ejected from within. Or are they simply lots and lots of craters, caused by bits of debris crashing into it?

"You can't make this stuff up," is such a cliche, but with nature, it's true.

• Like 1

They could be so advanced they know how to use wormholes.

Why do you believe there is a practical physical application of Wormholes? If they do exist they would be incredibly tiny - and the only way to keep one open is with a theoretical matter - we do not know if such even exists. IF we could use them for communications, that would be an amazing feat all on it's own - physical travel as far as I know remains in the realm of Science Fiction only.

And why do Aliens always have to be advanced?

I just don't believe its that far fetched we have been visited. Too many reputable people have seen them.

No they have not, that is a falsehood, people have seen lights in the sky and claimed they are alien spaceships, which really makes no sense at all, as they do not actually go into space, they originate here, and remain here, UFO mean unidentified, not alien.

Abduction stories have never been verified once in this history of abduction stories - indicating that there is another answer - and there is, and it has been found, UFO proponents simply refuse to acknowledge the data. Abductions can be explained by a range of causes from sleep paralysis to creepy uncles to personal gain. But no need to invoke aliens, even if they do crop up sometimes even without having memory "experts" implement such ideas in their heads through dodgy hypnotherapy techniques.

I think they have been coming here since the Neanderthals or possible even before. Who knows maybe they created us. Maybe there really is some truth to the bibles creation story.

No, the fossil record denies both those claims, and it is as good as information gets. So does DNA Genetic diversity etc etc.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's another weird thing. Hyperion is tumbling erratically in orbit but always presents the same side when Cassini passes and takes a shot of it.

Usually, strange that, I assume that has something to do with Cassini?

Here is another angle

Hyperion_in_natural_colours.jpg

That first shot of Hyperion reminds me of a coral reef. I wonder if it was formed by material (water? Steam? Other?) being ejected from within. Or are they simply lots and lots of craters, caused by bits of debris crashing into it?

"You can't make this stuff up," is such a cliche, but with nature, it's true.

It is suspected to be mostly water Ice.

Like most of Saturn's moons, Hyperion's low density indicates that it is composed largely of water ice with only a small amount of rock. It is thought that Hyperion may be similar to a loosely accreted pile of rubble in its physical composition. However, unlike most of Saturn's moons, Hyperion has a low albedo (0.2–0.3), indicating that it is covered by at least a thin layer of dark material. This may be material from Phoebe (which is much darker) that got past Iapetus. Hyperion is redder than Phoebe and closely matches the color of the dark material on Iapetus.

Hyperion has a porosity of about 0.46

LINK

• Like 1

They could be so advanced they know how to use wormholes.

Why wormholes? Why would you think that is something that is attainable or desirable for interstellar travel?

I just don't believe its that far fetched we have been visited. Too many reputable people have seen them.

This has been covered before. Woo is woo no matter the source.

And why do you think this? Do you have evidence to support it?

It is suspected to be mostly water Ice.

Like most of Saturn's moons, Hyperion's low density indicates that it is composed largely of water ice with only a small amount of rock. It is thought that Hyperion may be similar to a loosely accreted pile of rubble in its physical composition. However, unlike most of Saturn's moons, Hyperion has a low albedo (0.2–0.3), indicating that it is covered by at least a thin layer of dark material. This may be material from Phoebe (which is much darker) that got past Iapetus. Hyperion is redder than Phoebe and closely matches the color of the dark material on Iapetus.

Hyperion has a porosity of about 0.46

LINK

It would be easy to woo out on Hyperion. A dark hollow sphere coated with an iced shield that shows erosive scarring from aerobraking to achieve orbit. Total flight of fancy, but would make a good sci-fi story. Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 2

Usually, strange that, I assume that has something to do with Cassini?

Here is another angle

Hyperion_in_natural_colours.jpg

Random chance. They would like to get closeup hi res imagery of the total surface and have been frustrated in every pass. The final close flyby was a bit better. http://news.discovery.com/space/cassini-makes-its-final-pass-by-saturns-moon-hyperion-150601.htm

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

Hyperion is lovely - it reminds me of a large chunk of space coral.