Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Anomalocaris

Aliens tried to save America from nuclear war

289 posts in this topic

psyche101

That's one thing I made sure my children understood when they were young, and I was teaching them about critical thinking--there's a difference between fictional stories and purported fact. I used the example of ghosts -- I don't believe in them, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy a good scary fictional ghost story. It's just that I recognize that after X thousands of years, not one shred of proof has come to light that ghosts exist (substitute aliens if you like).

Hollywood just does a much better job than the silly mind games the UFO people like to play.

• Like 1

Mikko-kun

Let me guess: soul, life power...

I dont know. But no, not soul, something... more? You can assign any word you want, but the awareness about it matters so much more than the label you choose for it. Unless you believe in mystical power of words. I do, but I still say that.

Yet, they managed to crash countless times (starting with Roswell)...

You were there when they crashed and were not shot down or anything?

Dumbledore the Awesome

I don't really see why it need be so extraordinary that they may have crashed from time to time. If, as is my theory, they would be most likely to be (if they really were Spacecraft from elsewhere) unmanned probes, then they'd probably be prepared for the loss of a certain number due to various factors, and they may just put it down as one of those things to be expected.

• Like 1

ellapenella

I did not read this thread but, I know that it's on Net Flix .

Leo Krupe

This thread is on Netflix? We're famous!
  • Like 4

Paranomali

What's the title on netflix, i wanna watch

Leo Krupe

I don't really see why it need be so extraordinary that they may have crashed from time to time. If, as is my theory, they would be most likely to be (if they really were Spacecraft from elsewhere) unmanned probes, then they'd probably be prepared for the loss of a certain number due to various factors, and they may just put it down as one of those things to be expected.

That doesn't explain the various reports of aliens at Roswell though. Assume for the moment that the Roswell crash was a genuine ET craft. Either it was occupied, or it wasn't.

We have conflicting reports; some say aliens were recovered, others don't. Which is correct? Not both of them.

When you have a fictional entity (ghosts, Bigfoot, Superman), you can assign any sort of powers or attributes you want. Superman, for instance, could only leap tall buildings in a single bound when he was created -- he couldn't fly. Eventually, he even had super-weaving!

• Like 3

Dumbledore the Awesome

That doesn't explain the various reports of aliens at Roswell though. Assume for the moment that the Roswell crash was a genuine ET craft. Either it was occupied, or it wasn't.

We have conflicting reports; some say aliens were recovered, others don't. Which is correct? Not both of them.

When you have a fictional entity (ghosts, Bigfoot, Superman), you can assign any sort of powers or attributes you want. Superman, for instance, could only leap tall buildings in a single bound when he was created -- he couldn't fly. Eventually, he even had super-weaving!

Almost certainly the stories of bodies were added later, to add some colourful detail.
  • Like 1

kartikg

IMHO aliens have done nothing to stop wars.

• Like 1

Sir Wearer of Hats

This is Important.... am I played by Kevin Spacey?

Leo Krupe

Almost certainly the stories of bodies were added later, to add some colourful detail.

Almost everything was added later, to add colorful detail.

Nnicolette

Proof is hardly relevant when you predetermined your opinion and refuse to accept it. I bet half the people here could get abducted themaelves and still not accept it as proof. Its hard to overcome a mindset when youve been brainwashed from birth but thibk about it. Why are you so sure that you know the truth and that anything that doesnt support your opinion is fake or lies. Thats not science as many ppl here like to falsify. Sure you want your own proof but do you realise when you find it or reject it and call people names for trying to inform you of the truth?

• Like 1

Thorvir

Proof is hardly relevant when you predetermined your opinion and refuse to accept it. I bet half the people here could get abducted themaelves and still not accept it as proof. Its hard to overcome a mindset when youve been brainwashed from birth but thibk about it. Why are you so sure that you know the truth and that anything that doesnt support your opinion is fake or lies. Thats not science as many ppl here like to falsify. Sure you want your own proof but do you realise when you find it or reject it and call people names for trying to inform you of the truth?

Now that's ironic. Talk about being "brainwashed" into refusing to do critical thinking. You're the perfect sap to fall for all the gobblygook without actually researching it. The hoaxers love you.

Facepalm_stick_figure.jpg

• Like 1

toast

Proof is hardly relevant when you predetermined your opinion and refuse to accept it.

Proof is something that have to be based on facts and if there are no facts at all, there is no proof of something thats

just claimed as to be a proof, of whatever. And its an often used argument of the FTBs that "you have to accept it as

the reality" (of whatever) but thats a very stupid argumentation.

Its hard to overcome a mindset when youve been

brainwashed from birth but thibk about it.

Yeah, so the not-brainwashed ones are always the ppl with an "open mind", right? But its my experince that the so called

"open minded" ppl always do lack of the brain filters like logic, knowledge and skepticism.

Why are you so sure that you know the truth and that

anything that doesnt support your opinion is fake or lies. Thats not science as many ppl here like to falsify. Sure you want

your own proof but do you realise when you find it or reject it and call people names for trying to inform you of the truth?

The "truth" you are talking about seems to be is the holy grail of the FTBs and its like a faith/religion, means preaching,

preaching and preaching. But again, no facts.

And in relation to the OP I would like to repost a comment I`v made some days ago, see below. In addition, the thread titel

Aliens tried to save America from nuclear war in relation to the claim they did is illogical at a very high degree. Its claimed

that they have tried (to save blablabla) but even if they just have tried, we didnt had a nuclear war. So, as per yr opinion,

who exactly managed that there was no nuclear war? Humans by diplomacy or ETs by alleged deactivation of a handfull

of nukes out of a pile of >35.000 units? To think so, is just naive, very very naive.

All ppl who think, in a Perry Rhodan fashioned romance and based on the very few fairy tales reports from scatterbrained military

veterans about alleged ICBM deactivations by ETs ("Malmstrom Incident"), that ETs protected us from a global nuclear desaster

seem not to be aware of the fact that the number of nukes on Earth in the 60s was roughly 35.000 units and hundreds of ICBM

launchpads were in service globally that time. Sorry, but the "rescue" claim is just esotericism and based on very bad math.

• Like 3

Thorvir

kartikg

Lets for argument accept that aliens disabled nuke s in my opinion they just showed us some flaws in our system which we should rectify and in turn made sure that we will always be ready to nuke anybody. That makes them blood thirsty aliens instead of noble beings trying to guide humanity.

• Like 1

Kurzweil

Much like those computer hackers corporations hire to hack their schit to better protect their system. I guess I could see that but I don't understand the motive and why choose the U.S.

Nnicolette

Its funny that i can make a general statement about being brainwashed and ignoring reality to suit your ideals and multiple people take offense to it and make up stupid crap about me. Get your priorities straight.

• Like 1

badeskov

Its funny that i can make a general statement about being brainwashed and ignoring reality to suit your ideals and multiple people take offense to it and make up stupid crap about me. Get your priorities straight.

Can you actually list some examples of where ET has deliberately disabled nuclear weapons? Specifically? Anything?

I daresay you cannot, as it never happened. But feel free to prove me wrong.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

psyche101

I can see why people assume there might be something to the story, it has done the rounds and so many authors have put their two cents into this that there is bound to be a colourful claim in there someplace, and something to please any curious wanderer.

Problem is the stubborn insistence that it "must" be "something: when clearly it is not. It does not take too long to uncovers the shams and scams that have brought this incident into the limelight. I thin it becomes embarrassing and childish when so many figure "ohh, I have this figured out" and come up with some wild ridiculous regurgitation of the existing stories.

The instance to persist with this Elephant in the room when the evidence speaks for itself is bewildering. Hypotheses of spacecraft that are obviously not spacecraft, investigations of bodies that were undoubtedly fabricated - why do people fool each other with claims, and pretend "Maybe they are true!!" when we know better from the get go?

It strikes me as plainly obvious that people see Roswell as some sort of weird game. Lost Shaman hit the nail on the head as square as it can be hit. Anyone with an actual interest would be pursuing that hypothesis further, but few go past a "that's interesting". Only that backstabber Skyeagle had the gumption to face him on it, and he failed to dent the hypothesis let alone falsify it even with all the passion he can muster.

• Like 1

psyche101

Your priorities seem to be the issue though, you claim that some people here would not believe in Aliens if they were abducted by them - and why is that? Because they demand sound evidence? That contradicts what you say!! When you go off on a silly believer rant, of course people will respond, this is a discussion forum after all.

So how is your priority not to flame people for having higher standards than you do?

Predetermined is what the ETH is - not what your protest against, you do not seem to pick up that you are bleating a 60+ year old story that is being regurgitated over and again, science has identified a range of natural phenomena from space debris to arial plasmas, and physics principles that allow us to poke a plasma and see it move, to the lights that split into two or more objects and shine beams of light right through solid barn roofs, to black ops that defy RADAR and come in shapes that look like nothing anyone has seen - that is the changing face of UFO discovery as new evidence becomes available, and you say that ignoring all these developments and running with some old sci fi premise of "alienz DUN DUN DAH!!!!!" is somehow open minded and more likely to be correct? And you HONESTLY wonder why you elicit strong replies???????

And then you have the audacity to quote scientific method!! And claim somehow the above is the face of indoctrination!!

Nnicolette.......

Now away with such nonsense, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 3

Nnicolette

Why are you guys so focused on arguing that you cant even comprehend that i didnt try to prove anything to your stubborn unteachable minds. If you ever paid attention to what i actually said instead of being deadset on website links being more significant than real life you would notice that i was talking about reasoning and understanding the posibilities. I dont claim anything on the internet i read as fact merely suggest that you are well read enough to consider the implications of the claims. But you are so smart for making up ridiculously off the mark insults about what i think or know and claiming it makes you wiser than me. Good research. Get a grip on reality old phogies.

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Like 3

Nnicolette

Btw my vague reference wasnt to a webpage it was to my deceased grandparents who served thier whole lives in the air force and some books i found in thier collection once upon a time. Its sad that i cant even discuss the implications without the same usual self rightous brainwashed people jumping all over it to make up weird thing about me and how i must believe random crap off the internet. Which i dont. If i reference any its out of interest. If i state my personal experience as i odten do its for those wise enough to consider the implications. I couldnt care less about those of you who already decided not to believe it because your mind is already stick in you predisposirions and not capable of learning what i am here to share. You can write nonsensical arguments all day as many of you often do but when i dont bother to read them its not because you made a point, its because your ignorant and i get tired of arguing with ignorant people whos enemy on life is a straw man.

• Like 1

Nnicolette

And i hate to break it to you but if you are looking for well endorsed websites with socially accepted facts and no coverage of the undefined and yet to be understood or explained with verified proof... unexplained mysteries probably isnt the best place for you to look. I love it for the scientific news links and am interested in the rest. I think we should all be mature enough to be able to have a discussion about both and the suggestions in between without it it always being a focus on attacking anyone who shows interest and pretending they dont know the difference between science fact and purported claims. You will get alot further by considering the implications.

I joined this site after two experiences with silver disks. I am curious and want to know more on these vaguely understood topics. Im not going to keep responding to the same people trying to argue with me in each thread about whether or not aliens exist. If you think we are the most intelligent species in the vast universe you are incredibly egotistical and blind... understated tho. I am here to find clues and answers and read about scientific development if i put my two cents in its your right to disagree but think about what you are trying to prove and why you are so sure of it.

• Like 3

Kurzweil

Posts at 7:04, 7:25, then 8:15 all by you in a row.

You remind me of my girlfriend. Just when I think the argument is over you come up with something else.

• Like 5