Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Story book sends children to sleep in minutes

Still Waters

For most authors the prospect of their books sending readers to sleep would be horrifying.

But the latest publishing phenomenon which is topping the Amazon charts is a book which promises to do just that, at least for children.

The 26 page paperback, which is the first self-published work to ever top the Amazon charts, uses psychological and positive reinforcement techniques to help children relax, focus and eventually drift off.

http://www.telegraph...in-minutes.html

• Like 2

Ugh...I don't like the illustrations, but my eyes were already starting to glaze over.

• Like 3

Self published, you know how many arrogant editors are going over his MS and just kicking themselves for not taking a small print run risk?

so basically a hypnotic induction method...

Apparently it works even quicker if you hit the little blighters over the head with it ... :innocent:

• Like 4

FairPlay if this book works. As parent I know bed time can be the single most frustrating time of the day, as it is the one time we actually get some time to relax and unwind.

But seriously looking at the reviews, I mean something must be going wrong if it is taking 3 hours to get your child to sleep. My little one doesn't normally make it through the entirety of pale shelter by tears for fears and if she is still awake after that well blur's trouble in the message centre seals the deal. But I guess all children are different.

Apparently it works even quicker if you hit the little blighters over the head with it ... :innocent:

I find spiking that warm milk with a touch of rohypnol is a winner!

I hope he writes one for adults, but I admit that I'm just tempted to try this one. :yes:

Ugh...I don't like the illustrations, but my eyes were already starting to glaze over.

who ever did the art -did such a beautiful job .

Are you being sarcastic, Ellapennella? *is puzzled* I think the drawings are awful ..... verging on scary!

Surely they're hares?

I can't wait for the follow-up. The book has already been translated into seven langauges* and Forssen Ehrlin is now planning a follow up which helps children learn how to use the toilet.

* sic; perhaps someone at the Telegraph could do with How to Spell.

• Like 2

I find spiking that warm milk with a touch of rohypnol is a winner!

Ahhh ... the Cosby method.

• Like 1

What we dont know is that the author was bought by some type of illuminatis secret society (not the one everyone talk about to prevent us finding the real one active out there) and one day, in a near future, they will tell everyone using television and internet the magic word that were impreted inside their brain. then, they will 'activate' and do whatever the big plan is.

• Like 1

No book has ever made my son fall asleep :(

And thanks xomon i will try to keep that in mind.

Holy crap! I used the kindle version and it knocked my son AND daughter right out last night. And my daughter always takes forever to sleep! My wife fell asleep while I was reading it to my daughter in bed, too.

WEIRD!

Edited by BeastieRunner

I will be sure to get this for when my son is in his 'not tired yet' stage!