Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lost Nazi ghost train found?

Anomalocaris

well there are no ghosts here, but if correct, then i can see a few "ghost"descendants coming out of the woodwork to claim their share, and I bet it will be more than 10%.

10% is all they are asking, I wish them luck against the ARMY, the LAWYERS, the POLISH GOVERNMENT, the GERMAN GOVERNMENT, the HUNGARIAN JEWISH DESCENDANTS, and if true, the rest of Europe and maybe even the Americans.¡¡¡

• Like 2

From the article: "Lawyers, the army, the police and the fire brigade are dealing with this," said council official Marika Tokarska. "The area has never been excavated before and we don't know what we might find."

Who should we get involved:

Lawyers, check.

Army, check.

Police, check.

Fire brigade, check... what wait!? Fire brigade?

How many Polish agencies does it take to investigate a long lost train? Seems to be less then what the U.S. government would send out, even with the Fire Brigade.

Edited: arrrrrr, me gold.

Edited by Oops Monkey
  • Like 1

comment removed.

Edited by shaddow134

A nazi gold train hauled by a British Southern Railway Q1 apparently. You might've thought the picture library could have managed to find a picture of a German loco at least.

• Like 5

from the OP

In the case of the so-called "Gold Train", Nazi forces sent 24 freight carriages from Budapest towards Germany filled with family treasures including gold, silver and valuable paintings seized from Hungarian Jews and estimated to be worth up to $200 million.

The train was intercepted by U.S. soldiers, who, according to a later U.S. investigation, helped themselves to some of the loot.

???

imagine all the treasures inside that train, maybe the ark of the covenant is there, if they didnt melt it to recuperate the precious gold

wpid-Case-Closed-Stamp_645x400.png
  • Like 2

Can the dudes who found the train legally hold the location hostage for a percentage? Seems fishy as all get out

• Like 1

Can the dudes who found the train legally hold the location hostage for a percentage? Seems fishy as all get out

Would you want their behavior to be illegal? They could have done what other treasure hunters do, taken 100% of the treasure for themselves. But they're gentlemen about it and ask for a small cut, and it smells like fish. Shouldn't there be a Finders Fee?

• Like 3

Not sure on the legality of it all, but you cannot blame them for not disclosing the location until a finders fee is agreed upon.

• Like 1

Not sure on the legality of it all, but you cannot blame them for not disclosing the location until a finders fee is agreed upon.

This.

Or else tell no one and keep it all, selling bits here and there at pawn shops etcetera lol

• Like 1

This.

Or else tell no one and keep it all, selling bits here and there at pawn shops etcetera lol

That would have been my route.

• Like 1

I would take the goodies and leave the train hidden

Would you want their behavior to be illegal? They could have done what other treasure hunters do, taken 100% of the treasure for themselves. But they're gentlemen about it and ask for a small cut, and it smells like fish. Shouldn't there be a Finders Fee?

You got me there; I'd probably do the same

how do you hide a big steam train for 70 years, they are not the sort of things you can just hide in a barn or cellar. 'poop poop said thomas'

how do you hide a big steam train for 70 years, they are not the sort of things you can just hide in a barn or cellar. 'poop poop said thomas'

The nazis had a lot of huge underground facilities including railway tunnels those were used for production

and maintenance purposes, so no problem to park a big train underground.

Edited by toast
  • Like 1

I would take the goodies and leave the train hidden

Normally I would agree with you, but doing so with goods that have been taken from people short before they were deported

to concentration camps for the reason to get killed there, is a no-go from an ethical point of view.

• Like 2

we will have to wait and see. I hope we can keep tabs on this story.

The nazis had a lot of huge underground facilities including railway tunnels those were used for production

and maintenance purposes, so no problem to park a big train underground.

I suppose it might be theoretically possible, but no one has ever ventured into these underground caverns since 1945? Even if they may (say) have been some kind of military installation during the Communist era, and not accessible to the public, I really wonder how likely it is that no one at all has explored these places in the last twenty-five years.

I suppose it might be theoretically possible, but no one has ever ventured into these underground caverns since 1945? Even if they

may (say) have been some kind of military installation during the Communist era, and not accessible to the public, I really wonder

how likely it is that no one at all has explored these places in the last twenty-five years.

Yeah thats correct and I just wanted to explain that such huge underground facilities are reality. And as for the current case in Poland

I`m in still doubt.

Normally I would agree with you, but doing so with goods that have been taken from people short before they were deported

to concentration camps for the reason to get killed there, is a no-go from an ethical point of view.

I'm torn on this one. Someone is going to benefit from the gold, it might as well be me.

• Like 1

There's has to be a reason that these guys didn't do just that: take the loot and leave the train hidden. Either it is a farce or maybe they do understand the ethical side of it but would like a finders reward.