Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lost Nazi ghost train found?

Anomalocaris

I'm torn on this one. Someone is going to benefit from the gold, it might as well be me.

Amen

Melt it down and no one will ever know where's it's from. :0

• Like 1

There's has to be a reason that these guys didn't do just that: take the loot and leave the train hidden. Either it is a farce or maybe they do understand the ethical side of it but would like a finders reward.

Or could they be aware that during the last months of the war, the 345th. Luftwaffe Pionierbatallion who specialized in 'booby-traps' and sabotage and had already accounted for a large number of Soviet troops, were active in the Wroclaw area before withdrawing Westwards to surrender to the Americans?

("Nie otwieraj tych drzwi!")

Edited by Ealdwita

There's has to be a reason that these guys didn't do just that: take the loot and leave the train hidden. Either it is a farce or maybe they do understand the ethical side of it but would like a finders reward.

I think if they did find it, they are worried about getting caught with it and would settle for a couple million $ finders fee.

Maybe they already have some of it hidden away for themselves and are willing to give the rest up for a fee.

• Like 1

its been confirmed, a train has been found.........................

Last week, a pair of anonymous treasure hunters approached officials in Walbrzych, Poland​ via their lawyer to claim they had found an old Nazi loot train. Now officials have confirmed that the pair certainly found a train. Whether it's full of gold remains to be seen.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/adventure/news/a17087/confirmed-nazi-loot-train-found/

BEST - Ron

• Like 2

What is a Nazi Train anyway? can a train be a member of the Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei? it's like Nazi Bombers and Nazi Submarines; the Nazi Party or NSDAP was a political organisation; it wasn't necessarily a synonym for "German".

• Like 1

Well maybe the reason is that they fear that the train is empty and boobytraped, A kind of trap for the advancing Soviet troops. Spread the rumour and then entice hundreds if not thousands of enemy troops into a tunnel and then set off explosives. Either way, I would have gone into the train before notifying the authorities and taken and hidden my share. With modern tools and cameras it shouldn't be hard to determine whether its dangerous or not. You just can't trust politicians nor the Nazis for that matter.

• Like 2

I would have gone into the train before notifying the authorities and taken and hidden my share.

Me too. So the finders fee plus what you took beforehand should have you sitting pretty.

Well maybe the reason is that they fear that the train is empty and boobytraped, A kind of trap for the advancing Soviet troops. Spread the rumour and then entice hundreds if not thousands of enemy troops into a tunnel and then set off explosives. Either way, I would have gone into the train before notifying the authorities and taken and hidden my share. With modern tools and cameras it shouldn't be hard to determine whether its dangerous or not. You just can't trust politicians nor the Nazis for that matter.

Well they definitely would have it booby trapped if it was filled gold too. Yea I probably would go in anyways too. It almost seems as though they have been inside if they are taking it to the government. No doubt they have taken a bit more than 10%. If it were me I would probably just take residence inside the train if it has been hidden and is one of those armored trains it would be a most awesome house. Not to mention all the now illegal guns that you could have... who needs gold when you have a fortress train full of MG42's?

• Like 1

... who needs gold when you have a fortress train full of MG42's?

Is that a serious question?

Well they definitely would have it booby trapped if it was filled gold too. Yea I probably would go in anyways too. It almost seems as though they have been inside if they are taking it to the government. No doubt they have taken a bit more than 10%. If it were me I would probably just take residence inside the train if it has been hidden and is one of those armored trains it would be a most awesome house. Not to mention all the now illegal guns that you could have... who needs gold when you have a fortress train full of MG42's?

They'd kick themselves for the rest of their lives if they didn't help themselves to some of the stash before reporting it.

They'd kick themselves for the rest of their lives if they didn't help themselves to some of the stash before reporting it.

...assuming that the stash was there in the first place and that it was still there after 70 years, which seems remote.

The train would definitely be cool and depending on the condition maybe they should have included it in there finders fee.

Where to I get in line for a bar of gold as war reparation for my Jewish grandmother that lost the family shoe business due to the Nazis. :whistle:

Edited by paperdyer

who needs gold when you have a fortress train full of MG42's?

Have you ever seen the cyclic rate for an MG42? :P

The Nazi gold train could contain an ornate room crafted out of amber, gold and precious jewels which has been missing since it was looted during World War Two, it has been claimed.

Journalist Tom Bower, who wrote Nazi Gold: the Full Story of the Fifty-Year Swiss-Nazi Conspiracy to Steal, has said he believes there is a high likelihood the hidden locomotive is filled with art and precious jewels, rather than bars of gold.

But what he really hopes to find in the train discovered abandoned in a tunnel underneath a Polish mountain is the Amber Room, stolen from the Catherine Palace, near St Petersburg, in about 1941.

Read more

A Polish official says ground-penetrating radar images have left him "99% convinced" that a World War Two German military train is buried near the south-western city of Walbrzych. Deputy Culture Minister Piotr Zuchowski said images appeared to show a train equipped with gun turrets.

Read more

So what you are saying is that you would have no problem with illegally selling those MG42's ?

What is a Nazi Train anyway? can a train be a member of the Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei? it's like Nazi Bombers and Nazi Submarines; the Nazi Party or NSDAP was a political organisation; it wasn't necessarily a synonym for "German".

Thats actually a very good point. :tu:

The Nazi gold train could contain an ornate room crafted out of amber, gold and precious jewels which has been missing since it was looted during World War Two, it has been claimed.

Journalist Tom Bower, who wrote Nazi Gold: the Full Story of the Fifty-Year Swiss-Nazi Conspiracy to Steal, has said he believes there is a high likelihood the hidden locomotive is filled with art and precious jewels, rather than bars of gold.

This is just a trailer for some implausible techno-thriller from Dan Brown, isn't it. And why would they hide the art and precious jewels in the locomotive? Shoving it in the boiler or firebox would be about the worst place you could hide art.

old news, the Poles are already rowing back on the significance of the find.

The whole story has a smell as no investigative material has been provided/published yet and I`m waiting to see

if a croundfunding project will be lauched next.

Hypothesis:

- Place a claim

- Use an advocate to claim for a 10% reward from the government

- Bring it to the media

- Broadcasted statements from politicians in relation to the issue would be fine

- Lauch a croundfunding project, 2M or so

- Cash and run

I'm getting more & more sceptical of this too, seems to be no hard evidence at all, just a lot of hearsay.