Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trek to discover truth about Yeti foiled

Still Waters

An expedition led by one of the world's most acclaimed mountaineers to find out once and for all whether the yeti really exists has been thwarted by the Taliban.

The trip to the remote mountains of northern Pakistan was to have been led by Reinhold Messner, an Italian mountaineer who was the first person to climb Everest without additional oxygen and also to scale each of the world's tallest 14 peaks.

http://www.telegraph...by-Taliban.html

Another hostage situation averted then. I'm sure that keeping this mission secret wouldn't have prevented them being taken prisoner.

Madness I say...

The Taliban, what a bunch of jerks, they just suck all the fun out of everything.

• Like 1

The Taliban, The ISIS, The whatever - all a bunch of ignorant lunatics who want to destroy everything.

My heart breaks every time I think of all of the artifacts that have been destroyed by these ignorant monsters and what they are doing to the world. I wonder if the world talked about the Nazis as we do about these monsters.

The United States keeps talking about the "war on women"; need I say more?

• Like 1

The Taliban, The ISIS, The whatever - all a bunch of ignorant lunatics who want to destroy everything.

My heart breaks every time I think of all of the artifacts that have been destroyed by these ignorant monsters and what they are doing to the world. I wonder if the world talked about the Nazis as we do about these monsters.

The United States keeps talking about the "war on women"; need I say more?

What's funny is that in any movie or tv-show, the viewer always say something like "what? dont run kill him first" (exemple : an horror movie were the bad guy is unconscious on the ground but the girl is running away instead of finishing him).

But in real life, with those terrorists, they let them do what they want and we get bombed and worse every year.

Edited by jarjarbinks

If the intent is to capture a Himalayan bear to obtain blood and DNA samples, would it not he more prudent to enable the locals in the region. They would already be familiar with the terrain, wildlife, and political adversities, and therefore more likely to locate a Himalayan bear at high altitudes. The process becomes an opportunity to educate people through the rigor of research.

• Like 1

Idiots! All they needed to do was drop tons of pork all over the area they want to explore! Pork is unclean according to the Koran and so all the terrorists would flee in terror from the area!

• Like 1

They should just go in Xinjiang, these yeti don't know or care about the border, they will pass from Pakistan to China, Afghanistan and India every now and then. It is the same mountain range anyway.

• Like 1

They should just go in Xinjiang, these yeti don't know or care about the border, they will pass from Pakistan to China, Afghanistan and India every now and then. It is the same mountain range anyway.

I agree, a lot of places to find Yeti and/or bears in that part of the world.