Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Still Waters

The most valuable dollhouse in the world, worth a staggering $8.5million, is going on display for the first time.

The hand-made 'Astolat Dollhouse Castle' was designed and built over a 13-year period by Colorado-based miniature artist Elaine Diehl in the 1980s.

She modeled it after Tennyson's Lady of Shallot and commissioned fine craftsmen from around the world to build over 10,000 handcrafted interior pieces, which she combined with furniture and decorations from antique dolls' houses.

http://www.dailymail...splay-time.html

• Like 4

What a wonderful hobby to have for all those years.

I just hope everyone concerned is very, very careful when moving it! :unsure:

• Like 5

That certainly is some masterpiece.

Beautifully made by all involved.

I must say thats an awful lot of money though for something a child or even adult will never be able to play with....or touch...or even get within 3 feet of it without being shot, sorry, i am just extremely jealous cos i love it so much and just went into a fantasy turn that i owned it...carry on. :blush:

• Like 4

I must say thats an awful lot of money though for something a child or even adult will never be able to play with....or touch...or even get within 3 feet of it without being shot, sorry, i am just extremely jealous cos i love it so much and just went into a fantasy turn that i owned it...carry on. :blush:

I suppose all the pleasure and joy is in the making of it. Once it's finished it's a museum piece .... or perhaps 'a monument to the wonderful achievements of the human race when they direct their energy and endeavour to creating something beautiful and pleasing'! :D

• Like 4

How exquisite - the delicate details are simply beautiful.

What a talented artist.

• Like 3

I suppose all the pleasure and joy is in the making of it. Once it's finished it's a museum piece .... or perhaps 'a monument to the wonderful achievements of the human race when they direct their energy and endeavour to creating something beautiful and pleasing'! :D

Much credit to the carpenters, goldsmiths, glass blowers and silversmiths, I hope this can be used as an inspiration to the future generations and teach them that to real create something of such beauty and true workmanship is achievable by hand too, and not just on the computer. We must never forget these wonderful skills and would love to see the future generations being encouraged to use them....but I feel the world of cyber has become more appealing to them. :cry: It may stimulate their minds for a while, but it will not be long before even monkeys will be able to use a computer too....

ah! already on board:

http://metro.co.uk/2011/12/07/monkeys-to-use-touch-screen-computers-in-new-mind-experiment-246935/

• Like 3

Beautifully done. :yes:

Edited by tcgram
  • Like 1