Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hiker snaps 'ghost' in Australian outback

UM-Bot

A hiker has captured the image of a strange figure while out walking near a Toowoomba water hole.

Brokc David had been out walking in the Australian wilderness recently when he was overcome by a sudden sense of dread and an overwhelming feeling that he was being watched.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/285258/hiker-snaps-ghost-in-australian-outback

• Like 2

Really interesting. I do see the figure - what is weird to me it almost looks like a painted figure. I have no way to doubt it but I am not convinced

• Like 1

I'm sure it's not really a ghost but I'm glad it's not transparent and shrouded in white fog like normal "ghost" photos are.

• Like 1

It certainly does look like a ghost. I'm a firm believer in them but I noticed if you cover up the red that is his body his head just looks like part of the tree. Then if you cover up his head the red looks like leaves turning color like they do when its fall or that part of the plant is dieing.

• Like 1

You'd need nerves of steel to raise a camera/phone and take a picture of a blurry humanoid apparition that was standing 40 feet away from you staring at you from behind a brush pile while you're alone and feeling a sense of dread. Good on him if it was really there and he managed to fight through the fear, but it's a questionable story.

• Like 2

It's an optical illusion. He never saw anything he just happened to be just in the right place for this to look like a ghost.

• Like 2

I believe that there is something whether it's residual, or something else.........but I am having a hard time seeing anything other than pareidolia in these photos.

You'd need nerves of steel to raise a camera/phone and take a picture of a blurry humanoid apparition that was standing 40 feet away from you staring at you from behind a brush pile while you're alone and feeling a sense of dread. Good on him if it was really there and he managed to fight through the fear, but it's a questionable story.

he didnt notice at the time!!!

When he later went through the photographs he'd taken he noticed one that seemed to show a bearded man dressed in red peering out at him from behind a pile of roots and branches.

I'm pretty sure if the resolution was higher you wouldn't see the "figure". It looks like dead brush making the shirt and a pattern in the bark of the tree making the head.

• Like 1

Hobo?

Well, I don't see any ghost...I'm still hung up on "Toowoomba".

• Like 1

'i get knocked out, but I get up again,'

oh wait, that's tumba wumba.... never mind.

• Like 2

Was this whole thing a gimmick?? That bearded poorly animated figure is not a ghost! You can clearly see it's all photo shopped.

Even made me feel uneasy lol. Its pareidolia. The heads just a continuation of the tree in the background behind the figure, theres just a bush sitting in front of the tree with a break in the leaves giving the illusion of a head shape.

• Like 2

Where's chaRlz hes quite hot on photos

I see a lot of soil around the roots of a fallen tree appearing like a red shirt..... and a whiter part of a tree trunk behind it, that when merge together make it appear like a person, but if you break the pieces down, all I see is tree trunk behind reddish brown soil!

• Like 1

turn the picture upside and the "head" becomes part of the tree.

• Like 3

That didn't sound quite right ""hes quite hot on photos"" Father Merrin it's time for your confession my son!

• Like 1

That didn't sound quite right ""hes quite hot on photos"" Father Merrin it's time for your confession my son!

Pipe down and stop derailing threads

• Like 2

Pipe down and stop derailing threads

I think it's you and your buddies, that go round derailing threads and even getting some of them closed!

Any ways back on to the actual thread topic.

Edited by Hudds

If youre on a laptop turn it sideways... the 'head' is just part of the tree..

• Like 3

turn the picture upside and the "head" becomes part of the tree.

aha, beat me to it while I was still on page 1

• Like 1

If youre on a laptop turn it sideways... the 'head' is just part of the tree..

Dam screen rotation on the ipad keeps taking the p/$$,

I see it though, cheers Seeder

• Like 2