Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bush

ABOTU

Bush said today that the US gives more money in world-aid than any country on earth. We are a very generous country...I think he said we make up 40% of world aid.

*Our people suffer still in our streets, but we manage to give...*

429941[/snapback]

The USA gave about 20 million euros to help people in South East Asia. It seems a lot. France (a very poor country compared with USA) gave more than twice that amount. UK gave more than three times that amount.

The US give a lot when they know they will make benefits after these gifts (I would call these gifts "investments").

Bye

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ABOTU

• bathory

• Talon

• wunarmdscissor

The USA gave about 20 million euros to help people in South East Asia. It seems a lot. France (a very poor country compared with USA) gave more than twice that amount. UK gave more than three times that amount.

The US give a lot when they know they will make benefits after these gifts (I would call these gifts "investments").

Bye

It is up to 350 million dollars now. I don't know how much that is in euros.

I also believe if he was handed a tough assignment it was left over from President Clinton.

387143[/snapback]

I don't think so my friend. If you read the 911 Report you will find out that both Presidents had a hand in this.

Bill Clinton tried to hit Osama bin Laden at a camp in Afghanistan - - just so happens that Osama bin Laden wasn't there. How many times did George Bush shoot at him before 911?

Mr. Bush's administration was given good advice by the CIA that he was trying to do something in our country and it would be imperative to look into this. George brushed it off... went on vacation!.

After the investigation they gutted the CIA! Face it! Someone had to take a whipping for fumbling the ball!

How many countries are helping out - - and I am talking superpower ones - - with troops and financial assistance? We are taking this on the nose alone! Just look at the quagmire in Iraq: No WMDS; terrorists running from one city to the next; a shambles election where people will be too afraid to get out to vote!

Also this country was not in debt during Bill's tenure! Our economy fell apart after George Bush went into office; and not before.

Thank you for allowing a liberal to make a small contribution back! Happy New Years to you and everybody at this forum!

Liberals... ROCK! thank you for your post and just to let you know, we're still out here, in numbers, just not as loud spoken wink2.gif

I see that a lot has already been discussed so I'll just say that I am not a Bush supporter. During campaining there were Bush supporters out on a street corner w/ signs saying Vote Bush etc, my friend yelled "Go Kerry" I guess she wanted a nice debate. But they said we sucked and flipped us off. I found it quite amusing because they were mid-30's I estimate, and they had a few kids ranging in age 5-9 holding signs (whom I assume were there kids) on Halloween night. The "adults" told us to go home and eat our candy (we're all 15) whilst the poor kids younger than us were standing there w/ huge signs looking miserable. I understand that my friends and I arent yet old enough to vote but we can have opinions. Usually you'd think it would be the teenagers flipping someone off, not the adult. They seemed so mature rolleyes.gif Ok I'm done rambling now this post got longer than I thought it would lol.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. no.gif I laugh in the face of those who hate Bush. Ya snarl America (it seems everyone does don't they? I guess its just the Bandwagon approach) and ya spit on the fact that we DO help every country in the world. We're not as villainous as you cats think! disgust.gif As they say it the French way:

"Boo! We hate America!"

The Germans come over the hill...

"America! We love you!"

Im curious... For those who complain(ed) about how much relief funds the US gives... do you also complain when hurricanes ravage florida and other natural disasters occure in the US and no one gives money to the US?

Edited by Stellar

taking cues from farenheit 9/11 is the number 1 way to look dumb:)

429897[/snapback]

Don't see too many people in the Bush administration coming out with lawsuits disproving the movie he made! Wonder why Ray Bradbury decided to quit making noise over his complaint? Hmm...!

Bill Clinton tried to hit Osama bin Laden at a camp in Afghanistan - - just so happens that Osama bin Laden wasn't there. How many times did George Bush shoot at him before 911?

How long was Bush in office before 9/11?

Mr. Bush's administration was given good advice by the CIA that he was trying to do something in our country and it would be imperative to look into this. George brushed it off... went on vacation!.

There was no specific intelligence. Governments are innundated with lots of information about possible attacks and enemy intentions.

After the investigation they gutted the CIA! Face it! Someone had to take a whipping for fumbling the ball!

There were few changes in upper level intelligence management after 9/11. George Tenet didn't leave the CIA until 2004. That doesn't exactly constitute "gutting" the CIA.

Also this country was not in debt during Bill's tenure! Our economy fell apart after George Bush went into office; and not before.

The economic downturn began under the final years of the Clinton administration, precipitated in part by a rise in oil prices and the burst of the "dot-com bubble."

Edited by Redneck

Cheney and Bush are brainwashing a lot of you. Don't give in! There are a million ways you could fight back, instead of just sitting around.

dont worry one am not american and too i amnt so daft as to believe any of the crap they come away with.

"Boo! We hate America!"

The Germans come over the hill...

"America! We love you!"

Was this before america entered the war almost 3 years after it started , im just curious

Was this before america entered the war almost 3 years after it started , im just curious

Yea it was, but if we hadn't have sent Britain and Russia thousands of tons of supplies they both would have fallen to the nazi war machine. Remember we gave Britain about 30 billion dollars in war materials, russia 11 billion in war materials and china about a billion, so it seems like america were fighting the nazi as soon as war was delcared by britain.

u know, Canada was britians only major war allie. The Germans were stopped from Invading Brtian by teh RAF, not american supplies.

This allways p***es me off, Americans think they won the war by them selves. But it took years for them to get into WW2. And dont even get me started on WW1.

~Thanato

Yes the RAF did stop the Germans from invading, but how long do you think the RAF would have lasted with out ameican oil? Or Food to feed the people of britian? Or iron to build new fightiers, and the fighters which america sent to britain.

Now i did not mean to make america seem like it won the war for the Allies. I just saying that fi it wasn't for america supplies it is most likly that Germany would have starved britain into submission. Then without the treat of a western invasion the german armies would have crushed the soviets.

Your Forgetting about Canada once again, in the early part of the war Canada sent of alot of supplies as well, and we also sent over Troops, many Hurricans used in the BoB were made in Canada.

~Thanato

Yes. And wasn't some american fighters made in canada too. Also wasn't teh m1-Grand develop by a Canadain? Am sorry if i forgot about Canada. I will try to get my facts toghter.

How long was Bush in office before 9/11?

I believe that he was in there long enough to do something about it my friend. Perhaps he - - or anyone for that matter - - would not have stopped 911... but the communique left by Bill Clinton and the CIA explained the immediate threat of Al Queda and bin Laden's plans of terrorism inside the USA. Besides, I wonder why you had no comments concerning my mention of his vacation after his inauguration.  wink2.gif  yes.gif 

There was no specific intelligence. Governments are innundated with lots of information about possible attacks and enemy intentions.

Specific intelligence was handled in my first answer. Are they inundated? Yes. But one must learn to separate the wheat from the chaff  wink2.gif  yes.gif 

There were few changes in upper level intelligence management after 9/11. George Tenet didn't leave the CIA until 2004. That doesn't exactly constitute "gutting" the CIA. 

Upper levels of intelligence is not gutting? huh.gif  I guess that everyone is entitled to their opinion. Let us not forget the great number of  seasoned veterans (underlings or officers) that stepped down of their own volition. I wonder if we will ever hear the full story behind that one.  wink2.gif  yes.gif 

The economic downturn began under the final years of the Clinton administration, precipitated in part by a rise in oil prices and the burst of the "dot-com bubble."

I disagree with you on that one also. When George Bush was first running for office (about 3-4 months before November's election in 2000) he made a prediction about the "economy's barometer was making a downward turn." And by cracky it did!

Now remember, that the Bush family has a close connection to the Saudi family; Saudi family has a major say on producing oil or not producing oil; prices will go up if you are selling and are not replacing the product. Hmm! It seems to be one strange coincidence that this would make a impact during the closing of Mr. Clinton's tenure  wink2.gif  yes.gif 

I would like to end this by wishing you and your loved ones a safe and prosperous New Years! Nice talking to you!

Well, my short opinion would be that he's a flaming fascist who mixes religion with state, works for the profit of corporations and is an all around liar with no concern for civil liberties.

See, it doesn't matter what the hell we do, you guys always criticize us. "Oh, yeah, right, thanks for coming...what took you so long you b******* "

"Oh, yeah, thanks for being the first to throw some big bucks into the aid relief for the survivors of the worst natural disaster in history....you penny pinching, selfish, b*******"

We might as well just nuke Europe, the Middle East and China and be done with it all.... angry.gif

The Germans were stopped from Invading Brtian by teh RAF, not american supplies.

Yeah but many of the pilots in the RAF were actually pilots from different countries that got sent to be commanded by the RAF. Canadians and americans, for instance, were sent to work for the RAF.

Main reason I hate Bush's administration is because they're all liars, especially Condoleezza Rice. Don't believe me? Well, I've got some examples for you. grin2.gif Sorry, but I don't believe in trusting liars.

CLAIM

"The Kay Report identified dozens of weapons of mass destruction-related program activities."

- Bush

“The Iraqi regime possesses biological and chemical weapons…And according to the British government, the Iraqi regime could launch a biological or chemical attack in as little as 45 minutes.” - Bush

FACT

"We have not uncovered evidence that Iraq undertook steps to build nuclear weapons or produce fissile material." There has been no evidence of "mobile biological production efforts." Iraq "did not have a large, ongoing, centrally controlled chemical weapons program after 1991." - The Kay Report, 10/2/03

CLAIM

"No one has said that there is evidence that Saddam Hussein directed or controlled 9/11, but let's be very clear, he had ties to al-Qaeda, he had al-Qaeda operatives who had operated out of Baghdad." - Condoleezza Rice

"The reason I keep insisting that there was a relationship between Iraq and Saddam and al Qaeda: because there was a relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda." - Bush

FACT

"CIA interrogators have already elicited from the top Qaeda officials in custody that, before the American-led invasion, Osama bin Laden had rejected entreaties from some of his lieutenants to work jointly with Saddam."

- NY Times, 1/15/04

“The Sept. 11 commission reported yesterday that it has found no ‘collaborative relationship’ between Iraq and al Qaeda, challenging one of the Bush administration's main justifications for the war in Iraq.” - Washington Post, 6/17/04

CLAIM

"This administration never said that the 9/11 attacks were orchestrated between Saddam and al Qaeda.”

- Bush

FACT

“[iraq is] the geographic base of the terrorists who have had us under assault now for many years, but most especially on 9/11.” - Dick Cheney, 9/14/03

CLAIM

"Gosh, I just don't think I ever said I'm not worried about Osama bin Laden. It's kind of one of those exaggerations."- Bush

FACT

"I don't know where he [Osama Bin Laden] is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him... I truly am not that concerned about him." - Bush

CLAIM

"We have acted through diplomacy and force to shrink the area where the terrorists can operate freely, and that strategy has the terrorists on the run." - Bush

FACT

"The occupation of Iraq has helped al-Qaeda recruit more members, according to the London-based International Institute for Strategic Studies ... the network has reconstituted itself after losing its Afghan base ... the group has 18,000 potential operatives and is present in more than 60 countries." - BBC, 5/25/04

CLAIM

(This one is outrageous! They knew exactly that bin Laden was trying to strike within the U.S. with planes. They knew he was sending people to flight schools. They chose to ignore it.)

“[No one predicted] that they would try to use an airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile."

- Condoleezza Rice

"There was nobody in our government, at least, and I don't think the prior government that could envision flying airplanes into buildings." - Bush

FACT

“White House officials acknowledged that U.S. intelligence officials informed President Bush weeks before the Sept. 11 attacks that bin Laden's terrorist network might try to hijack American planes.” - ABC, 3/16/02

CLAIM

“You've got to have some patience in foreign policy.”

- Bush

FACT

“Barely five hours after American Airlines Flight 77 plowed into the Pentagon, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld was telling his aides to come up with plans for striking Iraq.” - CBS, 9/4/02

CLAIM

"I think some in the media have chosen to use the word 'imminent.' Those were not words we used." - Scott McClellan, White House Spokesman

FACT

"This is about imminent threat." - Scott McClellan, 2/10/03