Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bush

ABOTU

Here's a thought, how is what she's saying racist? America is the most racially diverse country in the world...

hmm.gif

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ABOTU

• bathory

• Talon

• wunarmdscissor

hey, I said that I didnt' mean to offend ANYONE. Ah well, I jsut wanted to get people all hot and bothered basically. MMMhmmm. I did good.

Besides, everyone here has opinions, some are really good, some aren't. It is just a debate. No need to cry or get all p***y over anything that is just talk.

sad.gif *pouts*

Everybody just ignored my question.... huh.gif

I would like to ask a simple question...if the Bush administration is so corrupt why didn't they just plant WMD's in Iraq instead of looking like a fool?

Because the world was watching the situationg like a hawk tongue.gif It would have been far more disasterous for the administration for it to come out that they actually planted weapons of mass destruction (especially given so many people think they lied already to start the war), than if none turned up at all.

Sorry michelle.

Unfortunatly they aren't our men in blue (police) they like to plant stuff on people (so I have heard)...

Bush is nothing but a puppet, 'Dance monkey, dance."

I would like to ask a simple question...if the Bush administration is so corrupt why didn't they just plant WMD's in Iraq instead of looking like a fool?

434834[/snapback]

Because they aren't corrupt;) They were doing what they thought was necessary to protect us, and I for one am GLAD they were wrong. That means we were just a bit safer than we thought!!

Cheers to them for trying to protect us!! thumbsup.gif

Here's a thought, how is what she's saying racist? America is the most racially diverse country in the world...

Because she ignored Redneck's examples and said that wouldn't have happened if they were American. Are Americans somehow better than the rest of the world?

hey, I said that I didnt' mean to offend ANYONE.

If you don't want to offend people, don't spout sexism at us.

Ah well, I jsut wanted to get people all hot and bothered basically. MMMhmmm. I did good.

So your saying to wanted to annoy your fellow members? Very mature

Besides, everyone here has opinions, some are really good, some aren't. It is just a debate. No need to cry or get all p***y over anything that is just talk.

Indeed, and thus we have every right to post our opinions when people spout sexist garbage at us. And we did. If you can't take people posting responses to your beleifs, then you shouldn't post them to begin with.

Talon and I....online at the same time...

I can just feel the world trembling as we speak tongue.gif

i didn't support bush...i believe with time and effort things could have been much better...however, he has won the office to 2 terms and i will stand with that. i did my part in voting and maybe you did yours too. if you were not old enough to vote, please don't even post on here...i am starting to think like INSIGHT...

Talon and I....online at the same time...

I can just feel the world trembling as we speak 

All we need is Shady too and then we can reveal our true plans to turn Paisley into an online Superpower thumbsup.gif

crying.gif Ooooohhhh, I'm shaking in my tennis shoes. w00t.gifwink2.gifrofl.gif

(I like that little upside down guy. tongue.gif )

Ok, whatever. I am not racist nor sexist. I am clearly stating that things COULD be diffrent if there was a woman in the white house and just wasn't the first lady. So why does everyone have to bash on that? Hmm? Becaseu U don't think that a woman could do the job? We never had a woman leader and I think that it is about time we should. When that happens you can stick you foot in your mouth if she does good. If she doesn't, then I will stick my foot in my mouth. Fair enough?

See, I like to compromise. Others do not.

Bush is a puppet, "dance monkey, dance."

Becaseu U don't think that a woman could do the job?

I think anyone could do a better job than Bush right now tongue.gif Whether they have genitals or not.

Anyway...we in the UK are slightly jaded in that department, simply because our one example of a female leader proved to be one of the worst leaders we've ever had...not content with trying to crash the economy, she went on to tax people up to the eyeballs to compensate, and organised such lovely ideas as driving toxic waste through residential areas to get it up to the disposal sites (in...you guessed it...Scotland! Where else would England's waste be going?)

Then of course you have the various military exercises she saw fit to embark on, that left her reign one of the most disasterous....Thatcher will forever be remembered by everyone but the most blind of femanists as a blight on the women in politics in the UK.

More sexism.

Ok, whatever. I am not racist nor sexist. I am clearly stating that things COULD be diffrent if there was a woman in the white house and just wasn't the first lady.

And could should be emphases, as a woman could be better than Bush, or she could be worse. But the same is true for a male President, he could be better, or worse. I don't see the obssession why the replacement's gender is an issue, its their politics which should be.

So why does everyone have to bash on that? Hmm? Becaseu U don't think that a woman could do the job?

Oh god, more paranioa. Your the only one who's mentioning this arguement, nobody else has said a woman couldn't do a worse job. Our arguement is against this femanist drival that any woman would be better than any man.

We never had a woman leader and I think that it is about time we should.

Again, I don't get why it matters. Surely someone should be elected on policies not gender. Your next president should be based on their ability, whether they're male or female, not as your saying they should be female even if the person standing next to them has better policies but shouldn't get in cause he's a man.

When that happens you can stick you foot in your mouth if she does good. If she doesn't, then I will stick my foot in my mouth. Fair enough?

Again why? Whether she makes a mess of it would be a result of their abilities, not their gender. Your constantly missing the point, that we are individuals. Individuals are not the same. All of us have different personalities and wants and needs and wishes. Our politics and abilties are different. Despite what you think, just because she might mess up does not mean all women don't make good leaders. Similarly if she succeeds does not mean all women make good leaders.

Out there right now the person who would make best President might male or might be female. We don't know. However we cannot blindly make sexist assumptions and claim they will automatically be famale and any woman should be given the Presidency to try and prove their as capable a man. Because 'any woman' is probably not going to be the right person for the job, the same as 'any man' is not going to be the right person for the job.

Despite what feminism has taught you, their is more to people than their gender.

This rule on individuality however doesn't apply to me and Lottie who seem to be clones laugh.gif

Edited by Talon S.

actually 3rd world debt is very relevant

if we wiped out the debt then some of the countries wouldve been able to afford the tsunami early detection sysytem that the pacific has , ie the worst affected country sri lanka couldnt afford it.

so it is VERY relevant

426014[/snapback]

And if we (U.S. citizens) all pitched in a few hundred bucks each, the good folks down in Mexico could all have air-conditioning. My point is you should all stop using "IF" so much. May I ask how you (wunarmdscissor) know Sri Lanka would actually buy the tsunami early detection system? This question points out how pointless the quoted post was in the "anti Bush" argument.

Just to let you know, admitting that Bush is an idiot is not racism...

And if we (U.S. citizens) all pitched in a few hundred bucks each, the good folks down in Mexico could all have air-conditioning. My point is you should all stop using "IF" so much. May I ask how you (wunarmdscissor) know Sri Lanka would actually buy the tsunami early detection system? This question points out how pointless the quoted post was in the "anti Bush" argument.

Probably because Wunrun watches the news. And if you watch the news, you'll see all India and Thailand have been talking about lately is creating early detection system in the area in a join effort by all relevant countries, which would include Sri Lanka. In fact your own Sen. Powel and Gov. Bush were on the news last night with the Thailand foreign minister discussing the issue.

Anyway, it has relevence in the anti-Bush thread, because he's the leaser of the richest nation on earth, and these are some of the poorest.... and they owe him money. Considering the US is so rich, and they have just sufferer distastor, does Bush really need their money?

surely they wouldn't have needed an early detection system to know it was coming? what were all the experts, meteorologists or whatever doing? the largest earthquake has just occured out in the middle of the ocean, I mean, are such early detection systems (the things bolted to the sea bed to measure wave movements or something like that) the only way of knowing the mother of all tsunamis? i find that hard to believe, it seem as though such a system has become a way of hiding away the failings of the governments.

America's tsumani warning picked it up. But they only bothered to warn China, who didn't bother to warn anyone else.

And if we (U.S. citizens) all pitched in a few hundred bucks each, the good folks down in Mexico could all have air-conditioning. My point is you should all stop using "IF" so much. May I ask how you (wunarmdscissor) know Sri Lanka would actually buy the tsunami early detection system? This question points out how pointless the quoted post was in the "anti Bush" argument

As talon stated i watch the news , and last year a multinational conference was held to discuss an early warning tsunami system like in the pacific however countries like sri lianka and indonesia couldnt afford it because guess what theyre too busy servicing crippling debts that they were FORCED to take in the first place by opportunistic and corrupt western countries . The biggest culprit of them all being America.

You cant compare 150 000 dead people an millions of people being made homeless to some daft analogy about mexicans and air conditioning.

America and teh west has the power to end third worl hunger in a year we simply choos enot to becuase the capatilist fatcats wouldnt be able to make quite so much money as they used to.

WIthout a doubt (IMHO) GWB will go down in history as the single worst president we ever, never elected. Many people forget that his polls were in the basement before 9/11, and his cabinet was on the verge of collapse. Then spent all the good will opinions of the planet after the destruction of the towers, by invading a non threatening country to us (yes a bad country, but not threatening us or our friends and allies) on trumped up charges, and non existant weapons, and links with Al-kida, with a trememdous loss of life and no end in sight.

angry.gif

America and teh west has the power to end third worl hunger in a year we simply choos enot to becuase the capatilist fatcats wouldnt be able to make quite so much money as they used to.

Wow are we really that close to living in nirvana? I had no idea that the "west" had the power to put an end to world hunger. I always thought the all powerful United Nations was going to accomplish that. World hunger will always be with us because the planet is inhabited by humans, and humans are greedy, sloppy, power hungry, and short sighted. In other words humans are so flawed that the world you seek cannot happen because some idiot in the world will not allow it. We may come close but in the end some leader will mess it up. My suggestion is to huddle up your family, buy as many guns as you can afford, learn how to be proficient in the use of those guns, and watch out for your own.

You cant compare 150 000 dead people an millions of people being made homeless to some daft analogy about mexicans and air conditioning.

It wouldn't surprise me if the capitalists don't see much difference. They probably think giving aid to these homeless is making them lazy and taking away their responsibility of self-help.

Wow are we really that close to living in nirvana? I had no idea that the "west" had the power to put an end to world hunger. I always thought the all powerful United Nations was going to accomplish that. World hunger will always be with us because the planet is inhabited by humans, and humans are greedy, sloppy, power hungry, and short sighted. In other words humans are so flawed that the world you seek cannot happen because some idiot in the world will not allow it. We may come close but in the end some leader will mess it up. My suggestion is to huddle up your family, buy as many guns as you can afford, learn how to be proficient in the use of those guns, and watch out for your own.

Wow, nice isolationist attitude there. Would love to see what would happen if we put it into practice;

The world sites back as some luntic attacks the ssmall countries around him, getting bigger all the time, but the world doesn't interfere.

And there are you with your little guns in your home thinking its nothing to do with you, so you don't help, you do nothing.

And one by one this lunatic takes another country and another.

And there are you with your little guns in your home thinking its nothing to do with you, so you don't help, you do nothing.

Until one day you wake up and find his borders are next to yours, his troops are in your backyard, his guns are aimed at your children. And guess what? There's no one left to help you.

lol this thread is crazy!!

It wouldn't surprise me if the capitalists don't see much difference. They probably think giving aid to these homeless is making them lazy and taking away their responsibility of self-help.

Personally, I'm not even convinced 1/2 of what's been generously donated will make it to even a 1/4 of the people who need it. There's generosity, and then there's the fool and his money that are parted. Throwing money at a problem is not a solution ever, and just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Why is it that we keep getting blamed as the only ones that can fix a problem and when we try we start getting blamed for sticking our noses in other people's problems? How is it that we're able to, even percieved as being able to do it? Why is that?

Wow, nice isolationist attitude there. Would love to see what would happen if we put it into practice;

The world sites back as some luntic attacks the ssmall countries around him, getting bigger all the time, but the world doesn't interfere.

Until one day you wake up and find his borders are next to yours, his troops are in your backyard, his guns are aimed at your children. And guess what? There's no one left to help you.

But that would make us warmongers to some. Scary, cause I think ya'll are fixing to agree on somehing there. I've used that example before, I like it. Works for religion too, and race, illness and even old age.

What twydp said is what the people in Iraq need to do with the terrorist element, what Talon said is what we did do in Iraq basically.

Everyone bites our hand, they keep biteing and biteing and we keep feeding and feeding. Forced redistribution of wealth is the death of the human spirit.

All opinion.

But that would make us warmongers to some. Scary, cause I think ya'll are fixing to agree on somehing there. I've used that example before, I like it. Works for religion too, and race, illness and even old age.

What twydp said is what the people in Iraq need to do with the terrorist element, what Talon said is what we did do in Iraq basically.

What are you talking about? twydp was talking about the US closing its borders to the world and turn a blind eye to third world aid. Where does Iraq come into that?

And my example is nothing like Iraq, it was more in relation to Hitler or Stalin