Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

KV62 Alternative History

kmt_sesh

1 hour ago, PersonFromPorlock said:

"Nefertitty."

kmt-sesh, go to your room!

I'm there right now, actually, However, that won't stop me from exercising my juvenile humor.

Nefertitty!

figure_laughing_pointing_md_wm.gif

• Like 1

Thanks for the update.  It seemed the story was finally over, but not so.  Very exciting.

The tomb is laden with anomalies; here's Reeves lecturing at the Met about five years ago on Tut's golden mask and its altered characteristics...very interesting:

Edited by Khaemwaset

3 minutes ago, Khaemwaset said:

Thanks for the update.  It seemed the story was finally over, but not so.  Very exciting.

The tomb is laden with anomalies; here's Reeves lecturing at the Met about five years ago on Tut's golden mask and it's altered characteristics...very interesting:

I'm going to have to watch that. I don't agree with Reeves's notion that Nefertiti is buried in KV62 but he's a solid Egyptologist with a lot of sound, respectable publications behind him.

This news of KV62 reminds me once again of the ScanPyramids Project. One wonders when in the hell they're going to release more findings on their muon analysis at Giza. I'm very tired of check and finding nothing new.

• Like 2

Whatever is in the room, if there is one or more (!), will add to the story, contribute more clues, and answer some nagging questions...possibly.  Nefertiti being there would truly be a dazzling finale.

Everything seems to take longer in Egypt, so the slow Giza updates don't surprise me, but it does test the patience.  I'm still waiting for a certain tomb in Saqqara to be found, with all the digging and technology use going on there the past decade, but...just nothing.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Khaemwaset

55 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I'm there right now, actually, However, that won't stop me from exercising my juvenile humor.

Nefertitty!

figure_laughing_pointing_md_wm.gif

Juvinile ?    

I was thinking more ..... 

Related image

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

So now the Italians are going to play, at some point "later this year." It's in conjunction with high-end imaging projects taking place in the Valley of the Kings. We'll see what they find, if anything. As of the last analysis it wasn't promising, but I like that advanced scientific imaging has become so integral with Egyptology.

Nice for the Polytechnic U. of  Turin...a plumb project for them to get.  On the other hand, I wonder if the Leiden/Turin people who've been digging at Saqqara for so many years with great results, and were denied their permit last year, will get a permit this year? 

From the Leiden newsletter from March of last year:

March 2016

No fieldwork at Saqqara in 2016
The archaeological team of the National Museum of Antiquities (Leiden) and its partner the Museo Egizio (Turin, Italy) was forced to postpone their plans until next Spring. Due to the current unstable situation in Egypt the fieldwork season planned for February-March 2016 had to be cancelled.

The Leiden-Turin mission had big expectations for 2016. The presence of a "new" tomb within the concession area is likely, and the plan was to find it and start its excavation. [...
http://www.saqqara.nl/news

I'd like to know what's going on in Saqqara this year.

• Like 1

A thousand pardons everybody for hogging this thread.  I'll be absent for a few weeks you'll be glad to know; work calls.

I wanted to note that the Polytechnic University of Milan, who will be doing the upcoming scans of the tomb, have analyzed Tut's dagger and found it to have indeed been made from a meteorite, as was suspected:  http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/archaeology/study-confirms-king-tutankhamuns-dagger-was-made-from-meteorite/news-story/282e3fa339ac83a6e8c8975d761075c8

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Khaemwaset said:

A thousand pardons everybody for hogging this thread.  I'll be absent for a few weeks you'll be glad to know; work calls.

I wanted to note that the Polytechnic University of Milan, who will be doing the upcoming scans of the tomb, have analyzed Tut's dagger and found it to have indeed been made from a meteorite, as was suspected:  http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/archaeology/study-confirms-king-tutankhamuns-dagger-was-made-from-meteorite/news-story/282e3fa339ac83a6e8c8975d761075c8

Yeah and its a theory started in the 19th century that swords made out of such found metal were often so superior to the typically cast iron and bronze weapons of the period that they were the basis of the legends of 'magic' swords that could do marvelous things.

They wouldnt have to do anything to be magical  , imagine back then ;  ' this sword was forged from a star that fell from heaven to earth '   ....  :blink:

... actually,   I'll have one of those ! :)   

(  I have a large two hander that can cleave  bricks , it was cut  from the main  circular saw from the ruins of the old Boggy Creek Sawmill  ..... they dont make steel like that no more !  ) 

10 hours ago, Khaemwaset said:

No, you must forgo work and post!

6 hours ago, back to earth said:

(  I have a large two hander that can cleave  bricks ...

Um, you're talking about a sword, right?

Gees, listen to me. I'm so mature. :rolleyes:

• Like 1