Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Why reincarnation ?

UM-Bot
Kathleen Meadows: I met with a client yesterday who had come to see me for the first time about a month ago. A well-mannered man in his early sixties, he was struggling with his marriage, his work, his son and his health. Fearful and depressed about his future, he was mostly in need of encouragement and coaching. There was a moment when he glanced over at me; a hesitant, shy smile on his face, and said, “I believe in reincarnation you know. I’m sure I’ve been here before and will be again.”

arrow3.gifView: Full Article
  • Like 1

badeskov

Sigh. Good we haven't thoroughly debunked Kathleen Meadows before...oh wait, we did. And she obviously didn't have the guts to defend her silly claims, if she even could see past her ignorance and recognize that they were being countered.

Good grief, what a waste of bandwidth.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov
  • Like 1

Leo Krupe

Not really off topic, since I don't know about this Meadows person, but since I've been listening to Surviving Scientology, it's come to my attention (again, I'd forgotten the detail) that Scientology believes in reincarnation.

A rhetorical question I have, then, is...L. Ron Hubbard died in 1986. As far as I know, no one has claimed to be his reincarnation. Why is that? The Dali Lama is supposedly reincarnated. Wha' happa' to Unca L. Ron?

DieChecker

Maybe Hubbard is like a Buddha, he broke out of the cycle? :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

DieChecker

I think people like the idea of reincarnation because they think of it as a "Do Over". Even if they screw up this life... cheat on their wife, get divorced, ruin their kids' lives... It is all good, because they will get another chance right after they die. I think it turns into a crutch, where consequences can be ignored and selfishness brought to the fore.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of good people believe in reincarnation, but they still have that in the back of their brain that they get a Do Over after they mess up. The only thing better would be if humans had a Save Game function, so you could avoid all bad events/actions/relationships.

• Like 1

Rlyeh
Even if you don’t adhere to the beliefs of spiritualism, you cannot deny that there have been people who have contacted passed on spirits. That would just be denying reality.
No. There are people who claim to contact spirits, and there are also people who claim to have been reincarnated.

Kathleen Meadows, if that is your definition of reality, then you are a hypocrite.

• Like 2

Gunn

I think people like the idea of reincarnation because they think of it as a "Do Over". Even if they screw up this life... cheat on their wife, get divorced, ruin their kids' lives... It is all good, because they will get another chance right after they die. I think it turns into a crutch, where consequences can be ignored and selfishness brought to the fore.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of good people believe in reincarnation, but they still have that in the back of their brain that they get a Do Over after they mess up. The only thing better would be if humans had a Save Game function, so you could avoid all bad events/actions/relationships.

Well that might be for the few who ignore the consequences of karma and think they can get away with doing negative things like that, but what goes around, comes around, good or bad, in the next life. So a majority of reincarnationist know this and try to keep morally good, despite reincarnating again, so they don't suffer the consequences from their negative deeds from their previous life going to the next life.

Edited by Purifier
  • Like 2

DieChecker

Well that might be for the few who ignore the consequences of karma and think they can get away with doing negative things like that, but what goes around, comes around, good or bad, in the next life. So a majority of reincarnationist know this and try to keep morally good, despite reincarnating again, so they don't suffer the consequences from their negative deeds from their previous life going to the next life.

That is probably true. They also like the idea of being reborn into a higher caste (India), or into a better social position, or some such, if they do good in their current life. Either way, they are encouraged in what they do by their belief they are going to be here again, and might do better.

• Like 2

tarotbykathleen

Kathleen Meadows: I met with a client yesterday who had come to see me for the first time about a month ago. A well-mannered man in his early sixties, he was struggling with his marriage, his work, his son and his health. Fearful and depressed about his future, he was mostly in need of encouragement and coaching. There was a moment when he glanced over at me; a hesitant, shy smile on his face, and said, "I believe in reincarnation you know. I'm sure I've been here before and will be again."

Edited by tarotbykathleen

tarotbykathleen

Kathleen Meadows: I met with a client yesterday who had come to see me for the first time about a month ago. A well-mannered man in his early sixties, he was struggling with his marriage, his work, his son and his health. Fearful and depressed about his future, he was mostly in need of encouragement and coaching. There was a moment when he glanced over at me; a hesitant, shy smile on his face, and said, "I believe in reincarnation you know. I'm sure I've been here before and will be again."

karmakazi

Not me... I somewhat believe in reincarnation but I really don't want to have to do this again...

docyabut2

Some how I believe we are a embodiment of all souls and memory cells are passed down from generations to generations. Never liked the idea we come back because we didn't get it right the first time. How can any get it right in a world when life as to consume life to survive.?

docyabut2

Some how I believe we are a embodiment of all souls and memory cells are passed down from generations to generations. Never liked the idea we come back because we didn't get it right the first time. How can any get it right in a world when life as to consume life to survive.?

life has to consume life to survive.?

Flashbangwallop

I think all religion is slewed this way. So in effect all religion is a crutch because the user can't cope with the thought of only having one life.

Now gime some of those virgins man. Ooops there goes my chance of returning AGAIN.