Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Success with demons?

VerdeICe

Even if you think this junk is fake, I have no desire to hear it. You believe what you want, Ill believe what I want.

Ive been wondering after reading a recent post here, do people even make successful deals anymore? Not that they ever really had, cause I don't know a damn thing about demons. I do know old tales like Faust cause literature is something people learn. I mean, there are a lot of old tales about deals.

But there arent any recent ones. All I've found is just a bunch of assbackward ritual crud and possessions. Can demons even hold conversations? Are they mindless?

I have no idea. Ive been to places that are supposed to be haunted by them, I swear to god the places are just boring old houses with absolutely nothing going on. Ive actually visited a friend who was being harassed by one, It seems my presence will stop all activity for about three months... so yea, I witness nothin. Considering my experiences, the lack there of, I shouldn't believe. But I do cause I do. And damn Im curious.

Are there any people with demononic knowledge that can describe the psychology, sociology, nature, and well anything?

Whats the difference between a devil and a demon? Read they are different. Made 0 sense.

If not demons, then how about Angels. I always wondered if deals have been struck with them, if they are actually douchebags, or if they can be summoned.

Edited by VerdeICe
  • Like 2

You have hit the nail on the head in your very 1st sentence:

"this junk is fake,"

Faust is a legend, a story, fiction....not true.....just checking you know this?

• Like 8

Even if you think this junk is fake, I have no desire to hear it. You believe what you want, Ill believe what I want.

Well, there you have it, he doesn't want to hear any opposing views. He just wants to be told what he wants to hear, he wants acquiescence and even if some opposing views are correct he won't have any of it so there is essentially no discussion to be had here.

Bye now.

• Like 9

He wants to learn about the subject without anyone telling him how junk it is.

Deals are made to benefit the 'demon not the party of interest. Demons cannot hold conversation, generally they speak without words. No, according to the bible they independently act on gods will in his favor and then eventually were condemned to hell.

Im sure speaking tongues in the right monotone would bring about a monster or something less. God would know about it, however.

Angels are not douche bags, they are divine creations blessed with beauty and great power.

Hearsay most of this stuff is biblical, expand your search and you will find your answer. Remember that there are things that are right, and things that are wrong. Stay out of trouble kiddo.

Edited by MeOnlyMe

There are books about this kind of stuff. One I've heard of, but have never read, is called "The Dictionary of Demons.". Perhaps what you're looking for can be found in those pages (or those of another book similar in content).

Consider this quote though, if you will:

"These inner motives spring from a deep source that is not made by consciousness and is not under its control. In the mythology of earlier times, these forces were called mana, or spirits, demons, and gods. They are as active today as they ever were were. If they conform to our wishes. we call them happy hunches or impulses and pat ourselves on the back for beings smart fellows. If they go against us, then we say that it is just bad luck, or that certain people are against us, or that the cause of our misfortunes must be pathological. The one thing we refuse to admit is that we are dependent upon “powers” that are beyond our control."

- Jung

What you seek to know as demons, may be something that proves to not be so easily defined.

The marvelous inventor Nikola Tesla also believed we were subject to exterior influence; although he looked at it from a different perspective, not one of demons and angels.

"To me the universe is simply a marvelous mechanism, and the most complex forms of human life, as human beings, are nothing else but automatic engines, controlled by external influence. Through incessant observation I have so convinced myself of the truth of this that I cannot perform any act or even conceive a thought without locating at once the external stimulus that prompted it."

In other words, I'm suggesting you broaden your viewpoint a bit to incorporate the possibility that the term 'demon' is a descriptive word for negative influences beyond our current understanding. Influences that scientists and religious folk alike had believed in, but failed to definitively locate the source of and define.

That being said, be careful what you wish for. My experience with what I can only describe as 'demons' or 'dark entities' was not a pleasant one and didn't involve any bargaining or deals. Take heed when dabbling in darkness.

Edited by PrisonerX
  • Like 1

The simple fact of the matter is don't.

They've been around longer then you, they're smarter then you, they will trick you, they will make your life a misery for their own amusement. ​​

• Like 1

They've been around longer then you, they're smarter then you, they will trick you, they will make your life a misery for their own amusement. ​​

Very well said, that's how I would make a short yet to the main point, description of them.

Edited by Hudds

Who are " they " ?

Any evidence or facts of " their " existence anywhere?

• Like 1

Thank you...

Took the words right out of my mouth.....And the link.

"Even if you think" this junk is fake. Please read carefully OP's thread post.

"Even if you think" this junk is fake. Please read carefully OP's thread post.

I did, thank you very much.

Are there any people with demononic knowledge that can describe the psychology, sociology, nature, and well anything?

Yes, there are, as established by the link someone posted.

• Like 1

Who are " they " ?

Any evidence or facts of " their " existence anywhere?

He is obviously talking about demons, as that's what whole topic is all about.

Regarding any evidence or facts of their existence anywhere, yes some of us do have evidence.

Edited by Hudds

His obviously talking about demons, as that's what whole topic is all about.

Regarding any evidence or facts of their existence anywhere, yes some of us do have evidence.

I was pretty sure he was talking about Demons, but thank you. A link provided talks about them also.

A lot of us would love to see this evidence people claim to have. Fact is, that has not happened.

Would you care to share yours that you just claimed you have?

• Like 2

I was pretty sure he was talking about Demons, but thank you. A link provided talks about them also.

A lot of us would love to see this evidence people claim to have. Fact is, that has not happened.

So, Sakari, still no takers? No demon squatting on your couch yet? Did you check the closets?

I'm skeptical of this myself, although my extended family has had interesting experiences with hauntings. Demons are another thing. I don't know what "evidence" people might be talking about, since scientifically speaking, there is no evidence one way or the other.

I remember many years ago reading a book or two by Ed and Lorraine Warren. They saw demons behind every corner and seemed to ascribe most every phenomenon to demons. Pretty far-fetched stuff with a heavy bias toward Judeo-Christian beliefs, but entertaining reading. And that's how I regarded it—as entertainment.

Well that's good, I'm glad that you noticed the link provided, as it helps doesn't it.

No not really, as I don't share evidence with true sceptics, and the reason why..."You cannot teach an old dog new tricks!"

Edited by Hudds

So, Sakari, still no takers? No demon squatting on your couch yet? Did you check the closets?

I'm skeptical of this myself, although my extended family has had interesting experiences with hauntings. Demons are another thing. I don't know what "evidence" people might be talking about, since scientifically speaking, there is no evidence one way or the other.

I remember many years ago reading a book or two by Ed and Lorraine Warren. They saw demons behind every corner and seemed to ascribe most every phenomenon to demons. Pretty far-fetched stuff with a heavy bias toward Judeo-Christian beliefs, but entertaining reading. And that's how I regarded it—as entertainment.

Nah, no luck. Remember, that was for any type of " spirit ", not just Demons.

There was a very hot topic here a while back with Ed Warren, and a person he " helped ". We had a long conversation going on this site, before, during, and after the show with her aired on animal planet. " The Demon Exorcist ". It was good, but was deleted. Not sure I can comment why here.There is still a lot from that topic on the net that can be found....Good stuff it was.Another site, and person took over, and was also here collaborating.

http://eyeontheparanormal.blogspot.com/2011/07/issue-36-exposing-fake-demonologists.html

Well that's good, I'm glad that you noticed the link provided, as it helps doesn't it.

No not really, as I don't share evidence with true sceptics, and the reason why..."You cannot teach an old dog new tricks!"

We see this a lot. People claim to have evidence, but have all sorts of excuses why they will not share it. How about sharing it with Universities?

This makes no sense to me, and probably never will. Yes, you can call me a " skeptic ", although I have said numerous times, I would love to become a believer. If anyone could show " skeptics " that the claims they are making, or defending, were true, you would have some pretty heavy ammo to convince others. I would say I know they exist, if I was shown evidence that is convincing, and verifiable, that they do. I would be helping to spread the word about it.

I am not here to say " it is not true ", I am here to see if it could be. I, and others, want to see evidence of these claims.Now, of course that has not happened, and I would love it to.

As long as people make claims, and refuse to back them up for whatever reason, it just makes your case even weaker.

P.S. " you can not teach a old dog new tricks ".......I used to believe in Bigfoot, lake monsters, Ghosts, Aliens visiting, etc. I was, and still am learning new tricks, and they have changed me, and still do. So, that saying is just that, a saying. ( or an excuse )

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 2

I am a taker, I just can't find a demon to summon...

They didn't really see anything. They were con artists. When I had my ScAmityville phase, I read an article which stated Ed was caught bragging about how they'd lied about the Haunting in Connecticut, saying that the family just had mental issues. It was a while ago, but if I find the article again, I'll post it here.

We actually have a lot in common. Go back to my reply on them, I added a link. A lot happened here with that, and I wish the topic would have been locked, and not deleted. A lot of " evidence " came forth on that.

I am talking " The Demon Exorcist " claims....

But, I also know about the Amityville B.S. Had a lot of discussions on that also.......Oh, and how about " Annabelle "......LOL

Edited by Sakari

I suppose I gota contribute something to show I read through the posts.

I believe in everything and I believe in nothing kay? Demons can be just as fictitious as they can be real alright? Just saying they are fake is the easy way out and really just a lot less fun, but I think taking the chance that they are real better prepares for that possible reality. And you get a lot more out of believeing in something and being wrong than shutting out something because it seems impossible.

That being said, I read through that demon dictionary. Boy that thing just filled me with more question. What is up with their brains man? Some seemed to have a cool history and story behind them, but no actual story to find. Just the rank. There is probably a reason for the status some have, but I cant find it. Im not stupid though, I dont know the price of asking one for a story. Thats If they are real enough to give one.

I wonder If demons have civilians too, It looks like they have armys. Maybe high ranking demons ignore us now, its just the babies and upstarts. Maybe they are just energy and are only capable of thoughts related to the type of energy they are (negitive).I wonder a lot of shiit actually.

What do demons get out of malicious behavior? A laugh? Do they create things, or are they just a group where the norm is just to be p***ed off all day everyday.

Edited by VerdeICe
  • Like 1

If you have evidence but won't share it then why bother discussing the subject at all? Frankly, when someone tells me that they have evidence (of any kind) but they refuse to share it I become less accepting of their position.

And BTW, you can teach old dogs new tricks. The motivation for older dogs differs from that of puppies but they are indeed capable of learning.

Edited by Lilly
left out a word
  • Like 1

If you have evidence but won't share it then why bother discussing the subject at all? Frankly, when someone tells me that they have evidence (of any kind) but they refuse to share it I become less accepting of their position.

I am more then glad to share evidence with those who are genuinely interested, but am not willing to share the evidence with those who are obviously here to dispute (Which is clear as day) no matter what evidence you give them, and to me it's a waste of time.

At the end of the day, we all have a choice to either speak to or share information with whom we want or not.

I suppose I gota contribute something to show I read through the posts.

What do demons get out of malicious behavior? A laugh? Do they create things, or are they just a group where the norm is just to be p***ed off all day everyday.

Evil spirits get attention which they are always desire, they love causing confusion and misery upon people (Guilt Trips), They get a huge laugh out of it all.

Frankly, I find that very insulting. When I stop learning new stuff it will be time for euthanasia....

Why would you not want to share your evidence? If it is truly evidentiary, then by definition you can back it up. If you can't do that it's just another story, and don't we humans love stories. Even us skeptics...

I *love* to share my evidence for stuff. Whether it be cites, or images, or maths or physics or biology, or just basic logic or using my imaging abilities to duplicate hoaxes and show how it was done.. it all helps others to learn, and I learn as I go too. That is, as long as the readers WANT to learn.

That sort of stuff is not embraced by those who have a worldview they do not wish to ever be challenged...

• Like 1