Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Students protest transgender use of locker rm

OverSword

Doesn't matter. The locker rooms are there to seperate biological sex, not mental gender. I couldn't care less if someone is trans, the seperation just makes no sense if this is how it's going to be and it might as well be abolished.

There really aren't that many transgender people in the population. I think there's no reason to stop having male/female facilities, as this isn't gonna really come up that often. I think it's just more about people getting accustomed to the fact that there are transgender people, and that they don't have to feel weird around them. Whatever level of transition they're in, their bodies will eventually match the rest of them. And as long as they aren't exposing themselves, it should be fine. People are really making more out of this than there needs to be.

You're talking about 0.3% of the population who just wants to be treated as who they are.

Edited by ChaosRose

The teenage years can be difficult enough - without having identity issues - especially where ones gender is concerned.

I feel really sorry for the poor souls who are born male - but inside know they are a female - and vise versa.

As much as I have much empathy for these young people - I still find it a little difficult to understand.

It obviously takes much courage for a person to finally "come out" and express who they really are.

If some choose to go further and have a sex change - does their legal birth certificate remain the same ?

The teenage years can be difficult enough - without having identity issues - especially where ones gender is concerned.

I feel really sorry for the poor souls who are born male - but inside know they are a female - and vise versa.

As much as I have much empathy for these young people - I still find it a little difficult to understand.

It obviously takes much courage for a person to finally "come out" and express who they really are.

If some choose to go further and have a sex change - does their legal birth certificate remain the same ?

States vary on this, but many do change their legal birth certificate. If they didn't do so, they used to have trouble marrying later.

I checked it out, and there are only a few states left that will not do this.

Edited by ChaosRose

It is biologically impossible to change one's gender. You can change your clothes, change your name, surgically alter your sex organs, and take hormones. But you cannot change your gender. It's part of the DNA of every cell in your body.

As I replied to another smartarse before, I know this, I went to school and studied biology too believe it or not, This doesn't distract from the fact that people have these operations though or are you denying "sex change" surgery exists at all, I know it doesn't actually magically change somebody's gender, But to the person having the surgery I think it's a pretty big deal.

I could have used the term gender reassignment, Still means the same thing though.

Edited by Cat_From_Hell
  • Like 2

States vary on this, but many do change their legal birth certificate. If they didn't do so, they used to have trouble marrying later.

Thanks - I wasn't sure.

Although I have no idea how Australia might work in regards to this - I'll try and find some information.

So...tell me something; why is it considered permissible to force underage females, for example, to undress in a locker room with a person who is male but if we forced the same thing on adults then it is considered criminal?

Why are we forcing things on kids that as adults we would not tolerate? As a female myself (despite the screen name and avi) I would not not be undressing in a area with someone who is obviously male just a few feet away and forcing children to do so without question is sickening.

If I was a student I too would refuse to undress in a locker room with a male in standing across from me and the school can punish and humiliate me all they want to but I would refuse to acquiesce. You wouldn't do that to adults so don't do it to under-age either.

• Like 9

So...tell me something; why is it considered permissible to force underage females, for example, to undress in a locker room with a person who is male but if we forced the same thing on adults then it is considered criminal?

Pretty sure the people who advocate this wants adults to have to do so as well.

Being transgender is no longer classified as a psychological disorder. .

by who? themseves? you know 98% of prisoners believe they are innocent too.

if you ask any heterosexual person, most i not almost all will classify it as a disorder., an abnormality

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

I think the only solution will really be either separate dressing cubicles, or a male, a female, and a transgender change room.

Not in a school. :cry:

Why is he wearing a wig? if he knew he was a transgender from the age of 13, then why not let his hair grow?

Children have been bullied in schools for wearing glasses, having the "wrong" colour hair, not having the right up to date expensive trainers, and this BOY waltzes into school wearing a dress and a wig out of choice?

I am not saying he should be bullied, but he is for sure seeking the ultimate in attention and he knows it is going to shock and upset others.....IMO he is bullying others by insisting they accept this fiasco of a look and allow him to go were ever he wants.

Some children have no choice in how they look, this BOY has chosen this look.

I am sorry but he has made himself look like a freak and this would concern me as to what his next "venture" will be when he becomes an adult?

Imagine when he leaves school and decides that actually, he no longer wants to be a transgender, he has changed his mind, which is what teenagers do when they grow out of their phases, he then decides he loves the opposite sex, especially the younger ones, this could be the man that was once allowed to change in a school girls changing room......its too scary to even contemplate!

I would watch this one!

• Like 3

I'm so happy I don't have kids.

And if you did, what would you have liked, a girl or a boy?

you do not have to answer that, I was just making a point. :whistle:

Exactly. While it decides what gender it wants to be, apparently it can also decide what race it wants to be.

Edited by Sweetpumper
  • Like 2

You're talking about 0.3% of the population who just wants to be treated as who they are.

No, they want to be treated as something that they are not. Let's just line the perimeter of the school gyms with 1500 separate changing stalls. Boys on the right, girls on the left and confused kids on the adjacent walls. The school and this kids parents need to take a firm stance and tell this dude he needs to quit making a fuss and deal with changing where he is supposed to. He's requiring way too much special attention and making way too many people feel uncomfortable. I don't have one but if I did have a teenage daughter and I found out the school is forcing my kid to get undressed in front of a male classmate... well I don't know but it won't be good.

Secondly, all this talk of locker room fiascos, I hope he isn't participating in girls gym class either. That's an unfair and dangerous thing too.

• Like 4

Doesn't matter. The locker rooms are there to seperate biological sex, not mental gender.

Are you sure about that being the actual purpose? I just wonder if the real reason for the separation has more to do with the heterosexual majority being aroused by the naked bodies or nasty bits of the opposite sex. For a woman, would you rather have a transgender woman in the locker room/bathroom with you who is not attracted to women, or would you rather have a lesbian woman who may be checking you out?

• Like 1

Not quite accurate. The Y chromosome determines the physical 'sex' of the organism/person ('sex' is not the same as gender). 'Gender' however, as we are learning is an identity - not just a physical state (sex).

Well, I stand corrected. They updated the dictionary while I wasn't watching. Now gender is cultural... who knew? As we say in the South, "Well, shut my mouth!"

I'm an old lady, and I gotta think that having sex organs that don't correspond with your urges has got to be a burden.

Women have been peeing estrogen into the water supply for about 60 years now (birth control pills and hormone replacement therapy). If I were a parent today, I would only use distilled water for my children.

It's a problem (from an old lady's point of view) for girls too. I can remember when prepubescent was 11-12. Now it's 7-8. That's messed up!

• Like 3

Are you sure about that being the actual purpose? I just wonder if the real reason for the separation has more to do with the heterosexual majority being aroused by the naked bodies or nasty bits of the opposite sex.

Hence a great reason to separate biological sexes. And just because this dude is trans-? doesn't mean he doesn't still like girls. These kinds of things are made to be unnecessarily complicated. They should follow the K.I.S.S. theory. Keep It Simple Stupid and have the kid deal with it or find a way to be excused from it altogether.

Edited by F3SS

Are you sure about that being the actual purpose? I just wonder if the real reason for the separation has more to do with the heterosexual majority being aroused by the naked bodies or nasty bits of the opposite sex. For a woman, would you rather have a transgender woman in the locker room/bathroom with you who is not attracted to women, or would you rather have a lesbian woman who may be checking you out?

The lesbian. She's being honest about who she is. With a male, I would wonder if he was being honest or putting on an act to get into the girls locker room and laughing about it with his buddies later. I wouldn't put anything past an adolescent male to sneak a peak.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 3

Ok so i have an interesting story that relates to this.

One time at my work i walked in to the restroom to find a blonde female standing at the urinal. I was very confused and was about to walk out but then he turned around and said "dont worry your in the right place"

I was scared and went into a stall and couldnt pee. Lol.

Turned out he was a Transgender employee and wasnt allowed in female bathroom. But i was confused and shocked to see what i thought was a woman in the mens restroom.

I doubt females would as shocked because they all have closed stalls and dont have a chance to see genetilia.

I say go into whatever bathroom you look the most like gender wise. This causes the least amount of confusion.

Ok so i have an interesting story that relates to this.

One time at my work i walked in to the restroom to find a blonde female standing at the urinal. I was very confused and was about to walk out but then he turned around and said "dont worry your in the right place"

I was scared and went into a stall and couldnt pee. Lol.

Turned out he was a Transgender employee and wasnt allowed in female bathroom. But i was confused and shocked to see what i thought was a woman in the mens restroom.

I doubt females would as shocked because they all have closed stalls and dont have a chance to see genetilia.

I say go into whatever bathroom you look the most like gender wise. This causes the least amount of confusion.

This relates to the changing rooms, Not the Toilets, Whilst you're right about the toilets in the ladies having stalls, the changing rooms do not, You have to get changed in front of everybody or at least you did when I was at school.

Edited by Cat_From_Hell
  • Like 3

Yes, they will. I'm sure over time, people will get over it. They adapted to using the same facilities as black people.

What!!! If you can't see the fallacy here, you're too far down the rabbit hole.

Separate and unequal, like I said, is separate and unequal...and shines a spotlight on them for being different.

• Like 3

Thanks - I wasn't sure.

Although I have no idea how Australia might work in regards to this - I'll try and find some information.

I'm honestly surprised there isn't a box on some government checklists that says "are you a poofta?" and "what is your favourite AFL team?"

So having the right to change your birth certificate is unlikely given the mindset of the average Aussie.

• Like 1

As much for his sake as anybody elses I think he should still use the male changing rooms, The changing rooms aren't the most enjoyable places to be when you're in School and insecure about your body but I think the women's changing rooms are a damn site b****ier than the males, Has anybody seen the film Carrie?

You're right. It doesn't have to do with mentality. It's about brain structure, genetics, and hormone reception. A person can't change that by putting on different clothing or using different facilities. They are still going to be who they are. And who they are is a person who should be using the girl's locker room...because despite what might be between their legs, they're really female. Certainly an underage trans person may not have yet taken any measures to make the transition, and they will simply dress as who they are. Because it's who everything about them except their genitalia is telling them they are.

Well, I'm really female, and I can't use a urinal. Are you advocating urinals in the ladies' room?