Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Students protest transgender use of locker rm

OverSword

Excuse me....I can be totaly accepting of people without getting naked in front of them.

Im sorry did someone say anybody had to get naked in front of anybody?

Does this school demand nudity in changing rooms. I was never naked once throughout schooling. Used swim trunks in shower and changed in stalls.

Does this school demand nudity in changing rooms. I was never naked once throughout schooling. Used swim trunks in shower and changed in stalls.

That would have gotten you an automatic "C" in my PE class in 1977. Got me one and I was a top notch aggressive athlete in that class too.

well to be honest i hope for a day when there is no seperation of gender whatsoever, but that would take a level of national maturity we are nowhere near.

To be more specific about not wanting to change in front of him/her? Well you could ask why? Find out what she is scared about maybe alieve some of her potentially erational fears. But at the end of the day she can just go somewhere he cant see (as if he would be so interested in her anyways ) but she can ultimately do what i did everyday because i was to shy to change in front of strangers. I went in the stalls to change.

You still havent listed any traumas she might suffer, yes being uncomfortable is yeah uncomfortable. But if given a chance who knows maybe she could be accepted as one of the girls.

How about open arms instead of raised fist.

So you think a sensible solution is to tell a young lady that if she can't deal with then it is she who has to remove herself from the situation? No way. It is the male who must remove himself from the situation and for that matter should never create or be coheresed into that situation. This absence of genders you wish for goes against natural biology and evolution.

• Like 5

So you think a sensible solution is to tell a young lady that if she can't deal with then it is she who has to remove herself from the situation? No way. It is the male who must remove himself from the situation and for that matter should never create or be coheresed into that situation. This absence of genders you wish for goes against natural biology and evolution.

Well at the elementary school I work at there is a welcome sea change happening. We are getting rid of gender specific ideas and activities.

For example we will no longer seperate class activities into boy or girl activities in class room or recess. No boys against girls competitions.

Colors are are not to be genderized (pink is for girls) boys can now like pink without ridicule.

All playground activities are co ed and not genderized (boys can hula hoop and jump rope)

Evolution is happening as we speak. just recently two females completed army ranger school. They will fight and change clothes next to the boys.

Ok stay with me here....

Maybe some of you have seen battlestar Galactica or Aliens?

The females in those stories are treated equally to men. Sharing same sleeping quarters and restrooms as boys. Boys even punch girls in the face with no social stigma behind it. They are complete equals in everyway. Thats true equality. Who gives a **** whats under your pants. treat all with respect and expect respect back

Edited by BlackBearWolf

How much difference is there between being naked and in your underwear? Contrary to many movies, young girls don't often prance around, even their own house in their underwear, in front of their dads or brothers. We are talking about a locker room where you would have to change into "swim trunks" to take a shower. Where exactly would you do that?

Adolescent girls should not be forced into such a situation.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 5

How much difference is there between being naked and in your underwear? Contrary to many movies, young girls don't often prance around, even their own house in their underwear, in front of their dads or brothers. We are talking about a locker room where you would have to change into "swim trunks" to take a shower. Where exactly would you do that?

Adolescent girls should not be forced into such a situation.

i see people change under towels all the time at the beach and in lockerooms. Only old men get totaly nude at my gym (gravity i harsh lol)

I cant help but feel for this human. Nobody wants him. His is now an outcast and will probably suffer from depression and guilt and shame. Much worse trauma then anyone would suffe from his presence in either lockeroom. He is the only one truely suffering day in day out from this. I hope and pray he doesnt resort to drug abuse or suicide.

i see people change under towels all the time at the beach and in lockerooms. Only old men get totaly nude at my gym (gravity i harsh lol)

Nobody's trying to offend transsexuals here but the fact remains that this student is a male, The teenage years are probably the most awkward years of your life, When I was at school I dreaded doing P.E because of the fact I had to get changed in front of a load of girls who were less than nice about anybody not in their little clique. Add a man into the mix and I might just have had a nervous breakdown, It's ridiculous to think that we should put the feelings of one person before the feelings of the people he's expecting to share that changing room with, That's just not how things should work. Kudos to him for deciding he'd like to be a woman and I'm sure there will be plenty of time for him later on in life to use female changing rooms if he goes ahead and has a gender reassignment or whatever we're supposed to call it these days, Until then he is a man, It's not really that hard to understand.

Edited by Cat_From_Hell
  • Like 2

Well at the elementary school I work at there is a welcome sea change happening. We are getting rid of gender specific ideas and activities.

For example we will no longer seperate class activities into boy or girl activities in class room or recess. No boys against girls competitions.

Colors are are not to be genderized (pink is for girls) boys can now like pink without ridicule.

All playground activities are co ed and not genderized (boys can hula hoop and jump rope)

Evolution is happening as we speak. just recently two females completed army ranger school. They will fight and change clothes next to the boys.

Ok stay with me here....

Maybe some of you have seen battlestar Galactica or Aliens?

The females in those stories are treated equally to men. Sharing same sleeping quarters and restrooms as boys. Boys even punch girls in the face with no social stigma behind it. They are complete equals in everyway. Thats true equality. Who gives a **** whats under your pants. treat all with respect and expect respect back

I swear some of you won't be happy until all men have morphed into Ken dolls.

Female soldiers aren't evolution. They're forced onto the squad by political correctness or else they'll yell and sue. They don't have to achieve the same standards as the males and it's dangerous and unfair in every way. How is she going to carry her wounded 220 pound male squad member out of a battle zone if needed? What an uneccesary liability. PC kills. On a less important level there is very good reason that women don't play in the NFL. Quite simply, without special treatment which is not equality, they would surely and literally die.

Sarah Connor is a real badass too but you'll find out quickly that using Hollywood to justify your opinions on reality won't get you far here.

• Like 2

Nobody's trying to offend transsexuals here but the fact remains that this student is a male, The teenage years are probably the most awkward years of your life, When I was at school I dreaded doing P.E because of the fact I had to get changed in front of a load of girls who were less than nice about anybody not in their little clique. Add a man into the mix and I might just have had a nervous breakdown, It's ridiculous to think that we should put the feelings of one person before the people he's expecting to share that changing room with, That's just not how things should work. Kudos to him for deciding he'd like to be a woman and I'm sure there will be plenty of time for him later on in life to use female changing rooms if he goes ahead and has a gender reassignment or whatever we're supposed to call it these days, Until then he is a man, It's not really that hard to understand.

your right i was also terrified of that environment. You were terrified of being bullied.

What do you think was happening to this boy in the boys lockeroom. He was bullied. Whats happening to him in the girls lockeroom he is bullied. Anywhere he goes he will be bullied.

Jesus is about the only one who would not treat him like a freak.

I swear some of you won't be happy until all men have morphed into Ken dolls.

Female soldiers aren't evolution. They're forced onto the squad by political correctness or else they'll yell and sue. They don't have to achieve the same standards as the males and it's dangerous and unfair in every way. How is she going to carry her wounded 220 pound male squad member out of a battle zone if needed? What an uneccesary liability. PC kills. On a less important level there is very good reason that women don't play in the NFL. Quite simply, without special treatment which is not equality, they would surely and literally die.

Sarah Connor is a real badass too but you'll find out quickly that using Hollywood to justify your opinions on reality won't get you far here.

your wrong. The army is not lowering standards for female rangers. They even carried boys uphill who wanted to give up. They won the respect of thier male comrades tenfold.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/08/18/army-ranger-school-to-graduate-its-first-two-women/

your right i was also terrified of that environment. You were terrified of being bullied.

What do you think was happening to this boy in the boys lockeroom. He was bullied. Whats happening to him in the girls lockeroom he is bullied. Anywhere he goes he will be bullied.

Jesus is about the only one who would not treat him like a freak.

Well, I don't believe in Jesus so I'll keep him out of this, I think it's awful if he's being bullied, Nobody should have to go through that but sadly it happens. One day soon he'll have left school and all the people who bullied him behind and will be able to make his own way in the world and, a while after that ,he'll struggle to even remember the names of the people who bullied him in school.

For his own sake i'd suggest sticking to the male changing rooms because as I said, Women can be so much worse than men when it comes to bullying. Then once he's left school he's free to do as he wishes.It may sound harsh and I'm not trying to belittle him or anything but why put himself under unnecessary stress?

Edited by Cat_From_Hell
  • Like 3

well to be honest i hope for a day when there is no seperation of gender whatsoever, but that would take a level of national maturity we are nowhere near.

To be more specific about not wanting to change in front of him/her? Well you could ask why? Find out what she is scared about maybe alieve some of her potentially erational fears. But at the end of the day she can just go somewhere he cant see (as if he would be so interested in her anyways ) but she can ultimately do what i did everyday because i was to shy to change in front of strangers. I went in the stalls to change.

You still havent listed any traumas she might suffer, yes being uncomfortable is yeah uncomfortable. But if given a chance who knows maybe she could be accepted as one of the girls.

How about open arms instead of raised fist.

That's never going to happen and that sounds like a typical male thought process with disregard to a female's feelings on the matter. Females, especially young females do not like undressing in front of strange men or even their own fathers. They feel like they're being exposed or exploited as if they are being viewed upon by males with a sexually active mindset and will or should never tolerate it. To them, it's a *spam filter*ographic peep show. You might as well invite all the straight guys in the boys locker room over to change with females as well.

You will never convince them otherwise that it's okay to undress in front of a male and to suppress their fears and anxieties about what the male trans guy may or may not be thinking. And a lot of people who switch genders like this or say they are attracted to the same sex turn out to really be Bi-Sexual at some point later on in their lives, which all together is another reason why trans people, especially physically born males, should use separate changing rooms.

This all comes down to the opposite sex, especially females, wanting their privacy and dignity, with the unwanted end result of them not having to go see a therapist to deal with it later on, after being physically exposed or exposing themselves unwillingly to the opposite sex like that.

I ask - Where the hell are people's moral's these days and consideration? Seriously?!

• Like 4

your wrong. The army is not lowering standards for female rangers. They even carried boys uphill who wanted to give up. They won the respect of thier male comrades tenfold.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/08/18/army-ranger-school-to-graduate-its-first-two-women/

Well they got a couple do-overs to pass but it appears they're freaks. They're still not allowed in ground combat though. I simply don't understand the need for cultural sensitivity in an institution who's sole purpose is to be the fiercest killers on the planet. Why compromise that purpose?

Well, I don't believe in Jesus so I'll keep him out of this, I think it's awful if he's being bullied, Nobody should have to go through that but sadly it happens. One day soon he'll have left school and all the people who bullied him behind and will be able to make his own way in the world and, a while after that ,he'll struggle to even remember the names of the people who bullied him in school.

For his own sake i'd suggest sticking to the male changing rooms because as I said, Women can be so much worse than men when it comes to bullying. Then once he's left school he's free to do as he wishes.It may sound harsh and I'm not trying to belittle him or anything but why put himself under unnecessary stress?

well i dont believe in Jesus either as a God, but he is the only person i can think of from history who welcomed the queer with welcome arms and spoke down to those who would outcast them.

Have we considered that his pressence in the boys lockeroom was causing issues and the school thought it would be best for him to be in girls lockeroom. Well thats not working either.

What makes you think its gonna be so much better for him in the boys lockeroom? I saw multiple assaults even sexual assaults in boys lockeroom in my highschool. It was always the weak and potentially gay ones that were targeted.

Well they got a couple do-overs to pass but it appears they're freaks. They're still not allowed in ground combat though. I simply don't understand the need for cultural sensitivity in an institution who's sole purpose is to be the fiercest killers on the planet. Why compromise that purpose?

Not sure why there needs to be any sensetivity.... Its simple we are humans and we shouldnt descriminate period.

Girls should be allowed to play any sport or have any profession that men have. This doesnt mean lowering standards. Keep the same standards for all. And yes the standards should be high. This means we may only get 1 or 2 female nfl players in our life time. Or for every 500 male soldiers we only have 20 female soldiers. But that doesn't matter as long as the door is open to all.

But back to the bathroom issue lol. Whats a bigger concern: the bullying happening day in and day out to not just gay kids but all the "wierd" kids?

Or what bathroom this kid will use because of the bullying?

Edited by BlackBearWolf

well i dont believe in Jesus either as a God, but he is the only person i can think of from history who welcomed the queer with welcome arms and spoke down to those who would outcast them.

Have we considered that his pressence in the boys lockeroom was causing issues and the school thought it would be best for him to be in girls lockeroom. Well thats not working either.

What makes you think its gonna be so much better for him in the boys lockeroom? I saw multiple assaults even sexual assaults in boys lockeroom in my highschool. It was always the weak and potentially gay ones that were targeted.

I just know how evil some women can be, I work at a college for people with special needs and I often have to go into both the male and female changing rooms to help people change before and after swimming etc, The women are always much b****ier than the men, Not that this is representative of all schools obviously, but it does remind me of my own school days.

Seems to me this is something we may never get right.

Edited by Cat_From_Hell

That's never going to happen and that sounds like a typical male thought process with disregard to a female's feelings on the matter. Females, especially young females do not like undressing in front of strange men or even their own fathers. They feel like they're being exposed or exploited as if they are being viewed upon by males with a sexually active mindset and will or should never tolerate it. To them, it's a *spam filter*ographic peep show. You might as well invite all the straight guys in the boys locker room over to change with females as well.

You will never convince them otherwise that it's okay to undress in front of a male and to suppress their fears and anxieties about what the male trans guy may or may not be thinking. And a lot of people who switch genders like this or say they are attracted to the same sex turn out to really be Bi-Sexual at some point later on in their lives, which all together is another reason why trans people, especially physically born males, should use separate changing rooms.

This all comes down to the opposite sex, especially females, wanting their privacy and dignity, with the unwanted end result of them not having to go see a therapist to deal with it later on, after being physically exposed or exposing themselves unwillingly to the opposite sex like that.

I ask - Where the hell are people's moral's these days and consideration? Seriously?!

so what im getting from this is girls are vulnerable and their skin is so thin that this boy/girl will send them to therapy for years because.....? Something about their fathers?....

And yeah lets send the straight boys in there?!.

You think that these girls are that naive? You know half the girls support this boy/girl at the school. Will they also need therapy?

Or perhaps its more of a political thing? Like half their parents and liberal and the other conservative so they also reflect those values?

Not sure why there needs to be any sensetivity.... Its simple we are humans and we shouldnt descriminate period.

Girls should be allowed to play any sport or have any profession that men have. This doesnt mean lowering standards. Keep the same standards for all. And yes the standards should be high. This means we may only get 1 or 2 female nfl players in our life time. Or for every 500 male soldiers we only have 20 female soldiers. But that doesn't matter as long as the door is open to all.

But back to the bathroom issue lol. Whats a bigger concern: the bullying happening day in and day out to not just gay kids but all the "wierd" kids?

Or what bathroom this kid will use because of the bullying?

When the choice to not discriminate overrides a sensible decision it is absolutely based on hyper sensitivity so that's where that comes in.

Sports vs most standard professions aren't even comparable. Women would be literally killed in the NFL. They would be killed if professional boxing were co-ed and same with MMA. A few years back there was a trans-whatever he was male in some MMA fight and it was absurdly irresponsible as he absolutely crushed his real female opponent. When political correctness and affirmative action runs amuck and goes unchecked it becomes dangerous and deadly in a very real sense.

Bullying is a concern but I'm afraid it's an unfortunate aspect of life. It shouldn't be tolerated but it'll never be eradicated. Like I said before, one can always take pride in the fact that those who bully, I mean relentlessly enough that they become defined by it, will in most cases become incredible failures.

• Like 2

I don't think this type of thing has as much to do with liberal/conservative as you're making it out to. The 20% that make up the far ends of the spectrum sure, but for most people there is just plain common sense involved in this matter.

I just know how evil some women can be, I work at a college for people with special needs and I often have to go into both the male and female changing rooms to help people change before and after swimming etc, The women are always much b****ier than the men, Not that this is representative of all schools obviously, but it does remind me of my own school days.

Seems to me this is something we may never get right.

I hear ya. I also work with special needs students :)

But yeah one day we will get right as long as we try right?. Before bullying was tollerated and the attitudes was well its just the weak being seperated from the strong.

Things are different now and we are trying new things. Which is a good thing. We just need to see cleary who are victims or who is truely being hurt in these cases.

Edited by BlackBearWolf
  • Like 1

I don't really care what people "identify" themselves as when it comes to biological facts. He is a male, period.

Would I be able to get scholarships or join race-specific organizations if I "identified" myself as a minority?

Dress how you want, act how you want, but keep in mind that, like tens of millions of others in this world, you weren't born with a body exactly how you'd like it to be.

When the choice to not discriminate overrides a sensible decision it is absolutely based on hyper sensitivity so that's where that comes in.

Sports vs most standard professions aren't even comparable. Women would be literally killed in the NFL. They would be killed if professional boxing were co-ed and same with MMA. A few years back there was a trans-whatever he was male in some MMA fight and it was absurdly irresponsible as he absolutely crushed his real female opponent. When political correctness and affirmative action runs amuck and goes unchecked it becomes dangerous and deadly in a very real sense.

Bullying is a concern but I'm afraid it's an unfortunate aspect of life. It shouldn't be tolerated but it'll never be eradicated. Like I said before, one can always take pride in the fact that those who bully, I mean relentlessly enough that they become defined by it, will in most cases become incredible failures.

your right on many points here. But Is it not sensible that if a woman is as good as a man at football or mma she should have the chance to compete ( I know you think its impossible but who knows right?)

I don't think this type of thing has as much to do with liberal/conservative as you're making it out to. The 20% that make up the far ends of the spectrum sure, but for most people there is just plain common sense involved in this matter.

perhaps not but i got this feeling. Haha.