Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Students protest transgender use of locker rm

OverSword

Also in a higher spiritual realm does gender play a part?

Are not Angels both a mix of both genders with qualities from both sexes?

Is God male or female?

In heaven is our body still tied to our original sex or can we change it with our own desire?

Why ask questions that you don't believe the answers to? Just for gotcha moments?

I have not stated my beliefs. But i believe there is potential for outside intervention throughout our existence. Edited by BlackBearWolf

if god knows our destiny and created a plan for us then he intended for people to be transgender.

Otherwise things are not going according to his plan (wich puts his authority in question) and means god doesnt have control of our destinys.

God gave us free will. His plan was for us ...male and female... to be happy and healthy and to be fruitful and multiply. When people go against God's Will, they make problems for themselves ... and... sometimes for others.

• Like 1

To me that doesnt make sense either. If God knows you will go to hell

before you are born then there is no freewill. Just gods plan playing out.

The only hell is the one that people make for themselves.

Is God male or female?

In heaven is our body still tied to our original sex or can we change it with our own desire?

The metaphysical writings of Sufism and the Baha'i religion say that gender only applies to the earthly physical existence.

In other words they say:

God has no gender.

Angels have no gender. Although they have names like Michael, which actually means "one who is closest to God."

People have no gender in the afterlife.

If anyone finds anything that says differently, throw it in the pot.

By the way, I didn't reference my statement because it's just something I read decades ago when I was pouring through metaphysical books.

Edited by robinrenee
  • Like 2

Is God male or female?

If you can ask those questions honestly you're really not that much different than your Christan counterparts.

If you can ask those questions honestly you're really not that much different than your Christan counterparts.

look im not a Cristian but i believe our consciousness exist outside our bodies. As in one day we can download our conscious into a machine with no physical body necessary. If we are just our thoughts (which i think is true) it doesnt matter what our bodies are like. We have the ability to alter ourselves in all types of manners. Our body is a canvas if you will. No matter what you look like or gender you feel like being. You will always have your inner consciousness the same. We are just roleplaying spirits in meat suits that can be customized and modified.
  • Like 1

Is God male or female?

Is the moon made of cheese?

There's entire sections dedicated to religion, spirituality and scepticism. I thought we were discussing the political and social implications here?

• Like 1

I was wondering how this thread was still going.....

Now I know how, it turned into religion.

• Like 3

I was wondering how this thread was still going.....

Now I know how, it turned into religion.

Let's get it back on track then. It turned to religion somehow after I posted this.

Back on this subject, came across this and I really hope this is some kind of satire: https://archive.is/Obsv9 ("How Can I Convince My 3-Year Old They're Transgender - Ask Jane")

It reads like the ramblings of paranoid extremists, but the real deal is stranger than satire nowadays.

Let's get it back on track then. It turned to religion somehow after I posted this.

Parents have been trying to shape who and what their kids grow into for a long long time. I guess some parents are taking advantage of the chance to raise the girl/boy they wanted after getting a boy/girl?

This is a real thing people say? I thought it was a phrase invented to mock the madness of Tumblr

Well, yeah. Some do. If a transwoman identifies as female it doesn't matter if she has a penis- she's female. Of course, she's probably not too happy about having a penis, but most people don't have the means to change that and just live with it. Tumblr tends to take social justice issues and turn them into a farce, but at the heart of it transgender rights is important. And transgender people are whatever gender they identify as.

• Like 1

Is that what makes me wanna be a bearded lady whenever I pass by those lovely lingerie shops ~ wouldn't mind buying a slip or two after a day in the changing rooms exchanging fashion and fancy bedroom tips with the other shoppers ~

~

Is that what makes me wanna be a bearded lady whenever I pass by those lovely lingerie shops ~ wouldn't mind buying a slip or two after a day in the changing rooms exchanging fashion and fancy bedroom tips with the other shoppers ~

~

Admit it...you want to try out those silk knickers. :whistle:

• Like 1

Admit it...you want to try out those silk knickers. :whistle:

:lol:

I'll admit to much more than that if the forum rules allows ~ I do sell a lot of women undergarments lately , cheap imports from China ~ admittedly the materials are lackluster but the final product is well made ... even if i have no idea how most of it is worn from the top to the ends nowadays ~

:)

• Like 3

Like they say in the old days mein freund ~ You ain;t seen nuthin' yet ... :yes:

I'm not sure how "snakes and snails and puppy dog tails" can be converted to "sugar and spice and everything nice" and vice-versa but that is modern medicine for you. :whistle:

It's not that I think minds needs to be conditioned to fit their bodies so much as I believe minds that actively reject the natural state of their bodies are malfunctioning in some minor-to-major way. What's culturally acceptable plays a huge role in what is and isn't considered a "normal" deviation from the natural state(piercings, tattoos, clothing, hair dye, breast implants, etc), and, unless our culture changes to allow non-transgender boys into the girls restroom/locker rooms as a normal thing, I don't see universal acceptance of transgenders using the rooms they want ever happening.

There will be those that don't care, those that support them and those that protest and reject them.

I agree with you, what is culturally acceptable does play a huge role. ( in which I sometimes wonder of if it should be changed or not, and yes I do believe that's a tall order ) And I also agree, sometimes, despite feeling totally uneasy to the body you have, it's something to still understand, it's your body. But on that note, coming to one's conclusion there is so much one can feel natural to their bodies, and it's not accepted deep down the heart or core of a person, than there is not trying to reason with your inner heart, that would do a considerable amount of damage to the psyche in the long run. I guess to an extant, there is so much you can be realistic to, if it isn't what you actually feel about yourself.

God gave us free will. His plan was for us ...male and female... to be happy and healthy and to be fruitful and multiply. When people go against God's Will, they make problems for themselves ... and... sometimes for others.

But can you prove this in a secular sense? For me, one cannot prove a will from something that is faith based. How does this get proven to everyone on the planet? Also consider, how one goes against what they actually feel inside of themselves, despite how they were born, end up damaging their psyche in the long, and I have seen that happen. Is there proof of those who have made problems for themselves when they went against a will of only a faith based system?

The metaphysical writings of Sufism and the Baha'i religion say that gender only applies to the earthly physical existence.

In other words they say:

God has no gender.

Angels have no gender. Although they have names like Michael, which actually means "one who is closest to God."

People have no gender in the afterlife.

If anyone finds anything that says differently, throw it in the pot.

By the way, I didn't reference my statement because it's just something I read decades ago when I was pouring through metaphysical books.

I think that is a good point, when one thinks of how gender is irrelevant after death. But since gender is there before it, and people still feel the tug of war if they feel it, than that is still relevant.

Well, yeah. Some do. If a transwoman identifies as female it doesn't matter if she has a penis- she's female. Of course, she's probably not too happy about having a penis, but most people don't have the means to change that and just live with it. Tumblr tends to take social justice issues and turn them into a farce, but at the heart of it transgender rights is important. And transgender people are whatever gender they identify as.

I hope no one takes this the wrong way, and even though I say this in a sense of humor, it does have some basis how I am feeling of it. And though, being born a female, and growing up identifying as a female, married a guy, had a couple of kids, I sometimes have felt a lack of desire for some female things. Does that mean, I have some form of different gender identities? Maybe not, but there are times I just want to exclaim that I'm a gay man trapped in a woman's body. ;) *shrugs*

~

Well if at the least, you have put many interesting images into my head!!! :o

:lol:

I'll admit to much more than that if the forum rules allows ~ I do sell a lot of women undergarments lately , cheap imports from China ~ admittedly the materials are lackluster but the final product is well made ... even if i have no idea how most of it is worn from the top to the ends nowadays ~

:)

We must talk!!!!

Just kidding. :P;)

• Like 1

I think this could be solved by changing the signs. Remove "men" and "women" and replace with "INNIE" and "OUTIE".

The first definition of Female by all dictionaries is basically the sex of a species that bears offspring and produces eggs.

Further...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female

Mammalian female

A distinguishing characteristic of the class Mammalia is the presence of mammary glands. The mammary glands are modified sweat glands that produce milk, which is used to feed the young for some time after birth. Only mammals produce milk. Mammary glands are most obvious in humans, as the female human body stores large amounts of fatty tissue near the nipples, resulting in prominent breasts. Mammary glands are present in all mammals, although they are vestigial in the male of the species.

Most mammalian females have two copies of the X chromosome as opposed to the male which carries only one X and one smaller Y chromosome (but some mammals, such as the Platypus, have different combinations). To compensate for the difference in size, one of the female's X chromosomes is randomly inactivated in each cell of placental mammals while the paternally derived X is inactived in marsupials. In birds and some reptiles, by contrast, it is the female which is heterozygous and carries a Z and a W chromosome whilst the male carries two Z chromosomes. Intersex conditions can also give rise to other combinations, but this usually results in sterility.

Mammalian females bear live young (with the rare exception of monotremes, which lay eggs). Some non-mammalian species, such as guppies, have analogous reproductive structures; and some other non-mammals, such as sharks, whose eggs hatch inside their bodies, also have the appearance of bearing live young.

Bolded and italicized by me for prominence. No! Some females do not have... I can't even say it anymore. It's the grossest sounding pairing of words I've ever had to read or type more than once on this site. Keep making crap up if you have to but you're delusional to keep saying it.

But can you prove this in a secular sense?

Of course not.

For me, one cannot prove a will from something that is faith based. How does this get proven to everyone on the planet? Also consider, how one goes against what they actually feel inside of themselves, despite how they were born, end up damaging their psyche in the long, and I have seen that happen. Is there proof of those who have made problems for themselves when they went against a will of only a faith based system?

Apparently, God reveals (updates/revises) His Will from age to age. 5000 years ago it was the 10 Commandments. Today, it's the Katab-i-Aqdas.

http://bahai-library.com/writings/bahaullah/aqdas/aqdas2/A_EndIndex.htm

Looking through the index, I find nothing about transgender. Continuing to peruse the index... homosexuality is forbidden. Sex outside marriage is forbidden. The Katab-i-Aqdas is global law. Baha'i is a global religion. I use it as a guide for the future as a moral code, civil law, and criminal law... because I am a globalist.

I don't know what the answer is for gender dysphoria. I suspect that our society puts too much emphasis on odd and curious sex and not enough emphasis on marriage between a man and woman as a fortress of well-being for a family.

Of course not.

Why say it as a statement in a forum that is not about religion or the skeptic look of it? I do not think you can make a statement that something that cannot be proven to all, and not prove it so everyone can believe you. I never saw any evidence in the secular sense, of this plan. So, I do not believe it.
Apparently, God reveals (updates/revises) His Will from age to age. 5000 years ago it was the 10 Commandments. Today, it's the Katab-i-Aqdas.

http://bahai-library.../A_EndIndex.htm

Looking through the index, I find nothing about transgender. Continuing to peruse the index... homosexuality is forbidden. Sex outside marriage is forbidden. The Katab-i-Aqdas is global law. Baha'i is a global religion. I use it as a guide for the future as a moral code, civil law, and criminal law... because I am a globalist.

I don't know what the answer is for gender dysphoria. I suspect that our society puts too much emphasis on odd and curious sex and not enough emphasis on marriage between a man and woman as a fortress of well-being for a family.

Are you talking about a religious document? What about in the secular sense, that is being discussed in this thread in a non-religious part of this forum?

There are, to me and my observations, some understanding that this something instinctual and natural that is felt by those born with something, but are not comfortable with. Why did they become instinctual born to hate their bodies? I do not think it's free will, because having the free will to hate who you are doesn't make sense to me. :no:

• Like 1