Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Students protest transgender use of locker rm

OverSword

Robinrenee you just drip scorn and prejudice on the issue of Transgenderism, your every utterance shows your disgust.

Br Cornelius

Goodness, Br Cornelius, perhaps you're projecting. There is no living creature that I feel scorn or disgust for. There are no persons or animals that I feel prejudice towards. Life is short, and I am old. I don't have room in my heart or life for things like prejudice or scorn or disgust.

I don't sugar coat my opinions. I speak my mind. I yearn for the day when our world is kinder, wiser, more spiritual. I have little patience with institutions that treat people like impersonal units of revenue. I believe that the whole transgender routine is a lucrative fad... I have no love for the war industry and corporations that dehumanize people. A lot of THINGS come to mind that use and abuse people.

I believe the transgender fad is a symptom of a spiritually diseased society. I am NOT calling the transgender person spiritually diseased. I believe they are victims of a greedy and morally bankrupt society.

I believe there are Godly psychiatrists and psychologists who could help.

I don't understand why you can't let me believe what I believe. Why do you feel compelled to correct me? I am happy that you are satisfied with the treatments available for transgenders ... gender reassignment.

You are a good person. LBGTQ are good people. We're all going to the same heaven.

Let it go, Br Cornelius.

I don't understand why you can't let me believe what I believe.

Maybe because generally people who believe what you believe don't keep it to themselves and instead inflict it on others. This, then, leads to the negative treatment LGBT get, which leads to the higher suicide rates for them. The 'treatments' by 'godly psychologists' also led the same way.

We are more free as a society now and it shows. Transgendered people can get the help that they need, rather than be tormented and shamed.

I've seen transgendered people with parents that thought as you do. They almost killed themselves after being sent to 'godly psychologists'. The shame and the abuse that they suffered, the utter lack of love and support they recieved. It was absolutely shameful. That is the sign of spiritual disease, when you'd torture your child because of your religion. I yearn for the day when such things don't happen.

• Like 2

Maybe because generally people who believe what you believe don't keep it to themselves and instead inflict it on others. This, then, leads to the negative treatment LGBT get, which leads to the higher suicide rates for them. The 'treatments' by 'godly psychologists' also led the same way.

We are more free as a society now and it shows. Transgendered people can get the help that they need, rather than be tormented and shamed.

I've seen transgendered people with parents that thought as you do. They almost killed themselves after being sent to 'godly psychologists'. The shame and the abuse that they suffered, the utter lack of love and support they recieved. It was absolutely shameful. That is the sign of spiritual disease, when you'd torture your child because of your religion. I yearn for the day when such things don't happen.

Look kids, let me tell you what I think.

I think you're putting way too much emphasis on sex, sexuality, or what you do with your sticky parts.... I don't care and God doesn't care.

For guidance I use the most recent revelation of the Law of God, the Katab-i-Aqdas. And it says that God ONLY sees the good that we do. The word "sin" is not in the book. So don't get all uppity and self-righteous about your "enlightenment." Because I don't care what anybody does with their "sticky parts." It's none of my business, and God isn't interested either. So get over yourself and your gender issues. Just be who you want to be. Live a good, honest, compassionate life.

And when you die and I die, we all go to the same place. And... go figure... the law book says that we ain't got no gender there! So enjoy it while it lasts.

And guess what the "good" book says is the absolutely worst thing you can do? Gossip! Bet you didn't see that coming.

And when I speak of Godly psychiatrists, I'm not talking about Bible thumpers.

But just forget that. All the furor is not worth the issue. If anybody feels like they will be happier if they cut their wee wee off... well have at it.

And if a woman wants to whack her boobies off... well, who needs boobies anyway?

BIG HOWEVER

If that little teen-aged boy that thinks he wants to be a girl... if he makes my granddaughter uncomfortable in the rest room, or God-help, if he disrobes in front of her, my lawyer and I will see the school board in court.

Edited by robinrenee

Goodness, Br Cornelius, perhaps you're projecting. There is no living creature that I feel scorn or disgust for. There are no persons or animals that I feel prejudice towards. Life is short, and I am old. I don't have room in my heart or life for things like prejudice or scorn or disgust.

I don't sugar coat my opinions. I speak my mind. I yearn for the day when our world is kinder, wiser, more spiritual. I have little patience with institutions that treat people like impersonal units of revenue. I believe that the whole transgender routine is a lucrative fad... I have no love for the war industry and corporations that dehumanize people. A lot of THINGS come to mind that use and abuse people.

I believe the transgender fad is a symptom of a spiritually diseased society. I am NOT calling the transgender person spiritually diseased. I believe they are victims of a greedy and morally bankrupt society.

Ok, that is what you believe. I believe differently. But where your beliefs stops, and that can go the same way of my different beliefs, is where secular and ethics starts. There has to be a proven course of events to show what is truth, where unproven beliefs will not do.

I believe there are Godly psychiatrists and psychologists who could help.
I believe there should be many choices than that. I believe that Godly professionals do not always help, and I believe I have seen the results of that didn't help. And since everyone believes and don't believe in different levels, those Godly professionals would not be able to help the Atheists and such, will they?
I don't understand why you can't let me believe what I believe. Why do you feel compelled to correct me? I am happy that you are satisfied with the treatments available for transgenders ... gender reassignment.
You are entitled to your beliefs. You are not entitled to act them out. And if you feel your right to freely speak your beliefs, which is the right thing to do, do understand we also have the right to our beliefs, and to freely speak them back to you.
  • Like 1

And guess what the "good" book says is the absolutely worst thing you can do? Gossip! Bet you didn't see that coming.

Am I surprised? I wish I could say yes, but god always seems to have a screwed up morality.

Rape, murder, genocide, pedophilia are generally listed as the 'worst things' that humanity can do. Ask anyone and those would be at the top of the list. But god? Those don't register as being the worst at all. He finds gossip (of all things) to be the worst thing a person can do.

I seriously question a person's smorals when the deity they worship things something like that is the worst thing.

Then what do you mean?

But just forget that. All the furor is not worth the issue. If anybody feels like they will be happier if they cut their wee wee off... well have at it.

And if a woman wants to whack her boobies off... well, who needs boobies anyway?

Well that's a pretty basic thng of how gender reassignment actually works, but whatever.

]BIG HOWEVER[/b]

If that little teen-aged boy that thinks he wants to be a girl... if he makes my granddaughter uncomfortable in the rest room, or God-help, if he disrobes in front of her, my lawyer and I will see the school board in court.

Ah the American answer to everything: lawyers.

It's a difficult situation, but that's not going to solve anything, nor is it anywhere near the best solution for anyone.

Guest Br Cornelius

Look kids, let me tell you what I think.

I think you're putting way too much emphasis on sex, sexuality, or what you do with your sticky parts.... I don't care and God doesn't care.

For guidance I use the most recent revelation of the Law of God, the Katab-i-Aqdas. And it says that God ONLY sees the good that we do. The word "sin" is not in the book. So don't get all uppity and self-righteous about your "enlightenment." Because I don't care what anybody does with their "sticky parts." It's none of my business, and God isn't interested either. So get over yourself and your gender issues. Just be who you want to be. Live a good, honest, compassionate life.

And when you die and I die, we all go to the same place. And... go figure... the law book says that we ain't got no gender there! So enjoy it while it lasts.

BIG HOWEVER

Everything you have said in this thread runs counter to what you have surmerized as your position in this post.

Sex and the sexual act goes to the very core of who we are and when a persons sex runs counter to someone else's beliefs, the advice to just move on and stop obsessing about it is just about the most unhelpful thing that anyone could ever say.Such a belief and an attitude has consequence so it is not a valueless position - and should not be tolerated by others.

As I have said to many times before of your utterances - I don't buy it.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius

Everything you have said in this thread runs counter to what you have surmerized as your position in this post.

Not true. I HAVE been holding back in my posts out of concern for the victims of this sinister transgender side show. What is this? propaganda for the unethical cosmetic surgeons and the entertainment industry?

Sex and the sexual act goes to the very core of who we are and when a persons sex runs counter to someone else's beliefs, the advice to just move on and stop obsessing about it is just about the most unhelpful thing that anyone could ever say.Such a belief and an attitude has consequence so it is not a valueless position - and should not be tolerated by others.

I'll say it again. Obsess about something life affirming. Sex is for procreation. It causes a man and woman to be attracted to each other. It's comforting, relaxing, life affirming when enjoyed in the proper setting.

The entertainment industry, et al., have thrown sexuality to the gutters and then tried to convince people that it's fun and good for them. NOT!

Am I surprised? I wish I could say yes, but god always seems to have a screwed up morality.

Your opinion... However you are correct that the code of laws of the Jewish, Christian, and Muslim religions are not suited for today in many ways. That's why God keeps updating His law books. And by the way, the law about gossip is part of the personal conduct code. Gossip is more destructive to society than (for example) being gay. That's all I was trying to point out. And... by the way... who are some of the worst gossipers??? yep... bible thumpers.

Rape, murder, genocide, pedophilia are generally listed as the 'worst things' that humanity can do.

Those are crimes against humanity. Murder and genocide are always punishable by death. (Yep, capital punishment is alive and well in the new world order.)

According to the circumstances, rape can be punishable by execution too. Pedophilia has similar punishment. It can range from chemical castration to execution according to circumstances.

Ask anyone and those would be at the top of the list. But god? Those don't register as being the worst at all. He finds gossip (of all things) to be the worst thing a person can do.

I seriously question a person's smorals when the deity they worship things something like that is the worst thing.

Yeah ... take that out of context and run with it.

Then what do you mean?

Your question was in response to my saying that by "godly psychiatrist," I didn't mean a bible thumper..

Hmmm.. I'm trying to think of how many psychiatrists/psychologists are "godly." I can think of quite a few, but they are probably still less than 3% of the profession. So scratch that.

Well that's a pretty basic thng of how gender reassignment actually works, but whatever.

Well, I think gender reassignment is insane. Have you ever looked at pictures of what they do? When I say "genital mutilation," that's what it is. Google "transgender reconstructive surgery photos" and look at sexual mutilation in all its glory. My God! (I recommend google for the search. It brings up "real" photos.)

No wonder they commit suicide. This is irreversible!

Guest Br Cornelius

Would you similarly classify circumcision (which is ordered by YHWH) as mutilation ?

Just to add, I do think that circumcision is mutilation because it is medically unnecessary - unlike gender reassignment for Transsexuals.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius

Your opinion... However you are correct that the code of laws of the Jewish, Christian, and Muslim religions are not suited for today in many ways. That's why God keeps updating His law books. And by the way, the law about gossip is part of the personal conduct code. Gossip is more destructive to society than (for example) being gay. That's all I was trying to point out. And... by the way... who are some of the worst gossipers??? yep... bible thumpers.

Those are crimes against humanity. Murder and genocide are always punishable by death. (Yep, capital punishment is alive and well in the new world order.)

According to the circumstances, rape can be punishable by execution too. Pedophilia has similar punishment. It can range from chemical castration to execution according to circumstances.

Yeah ... take that out of context and run with it.

I agree that gossip isworse than being gay but gossip is NOT worse than those things I listed.

Your question was in response to my saying that by "godly psychiatrist," I didn't mean a bible thumper..

Hmmm.. I'm trying to think of how many psychiatrists/psychologists are "godly." I can think of quite a few, but they are probably still less than 3% of the profession. So scratch that.

Since you don't mean a bible thumper could you clarify what it is you do mean?

Well, I think gender reassignment is insane. Have you ever looked at pictures of what they do? When I say "genital mutilation," that's what it is. Google "transgender reconstructive surgery photos" and look at sexual mutilation in all its glory. My God! (I recommend google for the search. It brings up "real" photos.)

No wonder they commit suicide. This is irreversible!

Pictures of any type of surgery are unpleasent to look at. You'd not argue about the results of heart surgery for example just because the surgery looked like multilation..

• Like 1

Your going to have to support that assertion with evidence (actual peer reviewed research) otherwise your just repeating Dr McHughes lies again.

Br Cornelius

Sure... Here's the American Psychological Association about 2/3 of the way down the page. The suicide rate is 25 times higher than the general populace.

http://www.apa.org/m...ransgender.aspx

I've been searching for research that will corroborate your claims about the improved mental/emotional state post surgery. I'm not having much luck ... which means to me that there's not a lot of difference.

I'm not trying to upset you, Br Cornelius. I just want people to know a side other than the "fad" that I believe has been created by some unscrupulous oligarchs. Yeah... Br Cornelius, there are good ones and there are bad ones. And the bad ones are funding anything that corrupts the family. They're even stirring up the bible thumpers. "Divide and conquer" is the name of the game.

I'm NOT a CT, I'm a realist. After 50 years as a globalist, I know a lot of these people quite well. Heck, it's not even a conspiracy any more ... most bankers, politicians, and corporate oligarchs are wide open and proud of what they're doing. All this is making the BIG BUCKS for them. Surely you've noticed that the middle class is disappearing. It's all connected....... It's ALL connected.

Question authority, research everything, think for yourself, and don't cut anything off that you might want later.

Edited by robinrenee

Would you similarly classify circumcision (which is ordered by YHWH) as mutilation ?

Just to add, I do think that circumcision is mutilation because it is medically unnecessary - unlike gender reassignment for Transsexuals.

Br Cornelius

I agree that circumcision is genital mutilation.

As is female genital mutilation which is still practiced in 27 African countries, Yemen, Iraqi Kurdistan, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_genital_mutilation

As is transgender genital mutilation...

Absolutely NONE of them are medically necessary. All 3 are barbaric atrocities performed on innocent victims.

The poster boy for transgenderism, Bruce Jenner, has not undergone surgery other than some minor cosmetic facial softening. I'm betting he will never have genital mutilation.

I agree that gossip isworse than being gay but gossip is NOT worse than those things I listed.

Did you miss my saying that rape, genocide, murder, pedophilia are punishable by death? Gossip might get a finger-wag from grandma.

Since you don't mean a bible thumper could you clarify what it is you do mean?

If I were transgender looking for a psychiatrist/psychologist, I would interview their office manager. Make sure they're not fundamental Christian, or "doctors to the stars." I would make sure they're not pushing hormone blockers for children or gender reassignment. Other than that, just find one that you're comfortable with personality-wise.

Pictures of any type of surgery are unpleasent to look at. You'd not argue about the results of heart surgery for example just because the surgery looked like multilation..

Now you're being silly. Heart surgery is life-saving. Gender reassignment is elective... and unnecessary... and irreversible...

By the way, I've watched plenty of surgeries... open heart surgery in the ER one day. It was AWESOME! (retired EMS)

Br Cornelius

I googled SRS pictures and of course I can't post them on Um, but once again IMO Robin is highly exaggerating. I saw nothing that was disgusting, nor did I see pictures of horrible gentile mutilation, In fact, I was surprised at how much these plastic surgeons create an amazing likeness. I would suggest googling and in doing so it is clear IMO that she is working through her struggles which is her own uncomfortable feelings over human sexuality and how it relates to transgenders. As in anything one should choose their surgeon wisely, beyond that if a person feels they are in the wrong body it is their decisions how to proceed, not Robin Renee's. .

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

Okay, this is different, but I think that it relates to the topic. 1 in 90 'girls' in this village are forced to live as girls (and use the girl's bathroom) until they spontaneously turn into boys. It turns out to be an enzyme deficiency.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/inside-the-astonishing-village-where-about-1-in-90-kids-are-born-girls-and-become-boys-at-puberty

• Like 2

Okay, this is different, but I think that it relates to the topic. 1 in 90 'girls' in this village are forced to live as girls (and use the girl's bathroom) until they spontaneously turn into boys. It turns out to be an enzyme deficiency.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/inside-the-astonishing-village-where-about-1-in-90-kids-are-born-girls-and-become-boys-at-puberty

Wow, incredibly interesting! I can't wait to see the documentary.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

I googled SRS pictures and of course I can't post them on Um, but once again IMO Robin is highly exaggerating. I saw nothing that was disgusting, nor did I see pictures of horrible gentile mutilation, In fact, I was surprised at how much these plastic surgeons create an amazing likeness. I would suggest googling and in doing so it is clear IMO that she is working through her struggles which is her own uncomfortable feelings over human sexuality and how it relates to transgenders. As in anything one should choose their surgeon wisely, beyond that if a person feels they are in the wrong body it is their decisions how to proceed, not Robin Renee's. .

Hmmm... I see why you chose your screen name - Sh-erapy. What do I owe you for that analysis?

Not many things (or people) make me uncomfortable... and certainly not human sexuality and how it relates to transgenders. :sleepy:

If the rampant suicide rate is your rationale for saying "there's something wrong with them" then there's something wrong with dentists.

• Like 1

Guest Br Cornelius

Sure... Here's the American Psychological Association about 2/3 of the way down the page. The suicide rate is 25 times higher than the general populace.

http://www.apa.org/m...ransgender.aspx

I've been searching for research that will corroborate your claims about the improved mental/emotional state post surgery. I'm not having much luck ... which means to me that there's not a lot of difference.

I'm not trying to upset you, Br Cornelius. I just want people to know a side other than the "fad" that I believe has been created by some unscrupulous oligarchs. Yeah... Br Cornelius, there are good ones and there are bad ones. And the bad ones are funding anything that corrupts the family. They're even stirring up the bible thumpers. "Divide and conquer" is the name of the game.

I'm NOT a CT, I'm a realist. After 50 years as a globalist, I know a lot of these people quite well. Heck, it's not even a conspiracy any more ... most bankers, politicians, and corporate oligarchs are wide open and proud of what they're doing. All this is making the BIG BUCKS for them. Surely you've noticed that the middle class is disappearing. It's all connected....... It's ALL connected.

Question authority, research everything, think for yourself, and don't cut anything off that you might want later.

That research confirms my assertion about transgender suicide rates been 41% or 10 higher than post surgery rates. So the original article which used that figure to claim that surgery was ineffective was misleading at best because it said nothing about post surgery suicide rates. It is telling the way that statistic was framed in the article you referenced since it gave me the absolute impression that he was saying that post surgery transgenders had suicide rates 25x the national average. I find it difficult to understand how you cannot find evidence for the 10x reduction since I linked to the study and Dr McHughes referenced it in his piece.

Now you're being silly. Heart surgery is life-saving. Gender reassignment is elective... and unnecessary... and irreversible...

The evidence just listed indicates that surgery is life saving for transgenders, so your assertion is wrong.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius

Hmmm... I see why you chose your screen name - Sh-erapy. What do I owe you for that analysis?

Not many things (or people) make me uncomfortable... and certainly not human sexuality and how it relates to transgenders. :sleepy:

Robin, you said "gender reassignment is insane," which indicates to me you are very uncomfortable with the idea of gender reassignment, because you think it is genital mutilation for profit, you even said Google pictures to see for ourselves how transgenders are being mangled, so I did-- I googled vaginoplastys done in gender reassignment cases and I did not find mangled mutilated pictures, I found pictures that are amazing by anyone's standards. In fact, I can't believe how far plastic surgery has come.

Nothing you are posting as your evidence about our transgender community is panning out, it does seem reasonable to infer that you have some kind of issue, of course it is only my opinion, for whatever it is worth to you.

This is not to say one shouldn't choose a well credentialed plastic surgeon, or go through the nessecary steps required to reassign ones gender, or have private bathrooms, but genital mutilation for profit is unfounded.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

Guest Br Cornelius

The point regarding religious attitudes to genital mutilation is informative.

Religion can insist on genital mutilation (circumcision) as a tribal marker, yet finds other genital mutilation aberrant (sex reassignment), which tells us one thing - we shouldn't look to rteligion as a consistent lead on what is right and wrong.

PS. Roby, have the catholics been coaching you on your choice of language :w00t: Mutilation inflicted on innocents - very catholic.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius

Did you miss my saying that rape, genocide, murder, pedophilia are punishable by death? Gossip might get a finger-wag from grandma.

Your words:

And guess what the "good" book says is the absolutely worst thing you can do? Gossip!

If I were transgender looking for a psychiatrist/psychologist, I would interview their office manager. Make sure they're not fundamental Christian, or "doctors to the stars." I would make sure they're not pushing hormone blockers for children or gender reassignment. Other than that, just find one that you're comfortable with personality-wise.

Well trangendered people do need to avoid the fundamental ones, you're right there.The rest, well.

By the way, I've watched plenty of surgeries... open heart surgery in the ER one day. It was AWESOME! (retired EMS)

Not being silly, just that your comments are about how it looks during (and just after) surgery. My comment was that, basically, nothing loooks terribly good in those circumstances even something that directly saves lives. I've seen transgendered people after the healing is complete and honestly, it's incredible.

And the bad ones are funding anything that corrupts the family. They're even stirring up the bible thumpers. "Divide and conquer" is the name of the game.

You're right there, but for the wrong reasons.

There are, and always have been, many types of family. The bible thumpers and the like that raise one up as an ideal are attacking all others. That's the real attack on the family.

• Like 1

If the rampant suicide rate is your rationale for saying "there's something wrong with them" then there's something wrong with dentists.

Well, yes, mental and emotional stress and depression are common to transgenders and to dentists. But their attempted and successful suicide rates are not in the same ballpark. I'm not sure any cohort is as high as transgender's suicide at least in westernized countries.

U. S. veterans' suicide rate is way up there too. https://en.wikipedia...veteran_suicide

Edited by robinrenee