Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Total Eclipse of Supermoon Sept 27

susieice

The full supermoon for September 27 is the same time the moon will go into a total eclipse. It will be visible throughout the US with totality on the eastern half of the country. Hoping for clear skies!

http://www.almanac.com/content/full-corn-moon-septembers-moon-guide

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Oh the preppers will be going nuts tonight!

Which preppers, specifically?

I saw one like that in Norway back in 2000. Fortunately I am in a position to view this one too, but I will have to get up at 4am and hope my camera settings are good.

Which preppers, specifically?

As per my link above, possibly some variety of mormon preppers...?

Cloudy here, too. I am really disappointed.

• Like 1

I have a brilliant view from my bedroom window; a quarter of the Moon is obscured.

PS: By a quarter, I actually mean an eighth.

Edited by Cavan

I forgot about this happening tonight. I am passing through Spokane, Washington and just stopped to look. It went from a burnt orange to almost gone now. Very interesting.

Only got to see about a 10 second sliver. Too cloudy. Wasn't supposed to be. Really disappointed. Hope someone is taking pics.

• Like 1

it's pretty amazing, I'm looking at it right now.

through a window, though, because as i was watching the last sliver fade away outside, a skunk ambled up to say hi.

be cautious.

• Like 1

I got a few snaps of it as the shadow crossed over the moon. I was taking these hand held and once it got beyond this point all I could get was blurry red-brown blobs.

post-117219-0-30748900-1443412317_thumb.

• Like 1

Boo clouds and fall rain that seems to be here to stay! :td:

Shame it's cloudy here. Livestream just isnt the same.

I agree..But I would've settled for that had I known it was going to be available...

As per my link above, possibly some variety of mormon preppers...?

Okay, I understand that, and am not that surprised, but:

Oh the preppers will be going nuts tonight!

You aren't Immune to Beiberfever and I wanted to know which preppers, specifically he/she is referring to. I know that some preppers would do such a thing, but not all.

Thanks, though! :)

It's usually cloudy here when something like this happens...but the clouds cleared just when it started and we got a good show. Used the telescope and binoculars and cameras to get some photos. Didn't turn out as well as they usually do, probably because the lens of the telescope needed cleaning.

@thorvir: i guess the ones i saw on discovery probably, they seem to take every newsitem as evidence for the endtimes, whaever the so called "endtimes" mean!

• Like 2

Saw the eclipse from California. Looked beautiful and brought out my apartment neighbors and we all had a nice chat.

Also witnessed some odd animal behavior. I saw hundreds of pill bugs and ad thousands of ants all going wild in a planter. I have never seen anything like it. They were just swarming all over. Maybe because of full moon?

• Like 2

@thorvir: i guess the ones i saw on discovery probably, they seem to take every newsitem as evidence for the endtimes, whaever the so called "endtimes" mean!

Bah, I'm sure they ham it up for TV and the ratings. But, I'm also just as sure that some preppers might actually be batshit crazy. Others, not so much.