Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kim Davis Kentuky court clerk jailed.

Thanato

No it didn't surprise me the Pope doesn't support gay marriage. He is comparatively progressive for a Pope, but that isn't saying a whole lot.

Well, he's changed the Catholic attitude toward divorce and abortion, so possibly the next one will progress to gay marriage?

He has softened the public stance of the church, he hasn't actually changed it. And most of it is for his western followers, who are far more liberal on tho whole than the church itself is.

Jesus met with prostitutes and thieves, according to your bible.

The Vatican confirmed they MET - Kim Davis' lawyers assert the content of the meeting. Given Kim's miraculous prayer vigil in another country that didn't quite happen the way they said, I'm as convinced of her side of the story as I am of her validity in denying licenses to begin with. Her whole lnog saga from the start, from her to her lawyers, is a giant ball of lies and hatred. Her credibility is below zero, and will stay that way forever.

• Like 5

Jesus met with prostitutes and thieves, according to your bible.

The Vatican confirmed they MET - Kim Davis' lawyers assert the content of the meeting. Given Kim's miraculous prayer vigil in another country that didn't quite happen the way they said, I'm as convinced of her side of the story as I am of her validity in denying licenses to begin with. Her whole lnog saga from the start, from her to her lawyers, is a giant ball of lies and hatred. Her credibility is below zero, and will stay that way forever.

i guess she will change to other religious because pope abandon her :clap:

Kentucky governor faces off with Kim Davis

http://www.csmonitor...-legal-standoff

now we know why she switch to Republican.

i starting to have this feeling like we have been leading around and kim davis is the rule. who ever behind her, know very well in laws and politics.

you can see the similarity to a serial killer.

first the judge -> governor -> republican -> pope .

is there a motive behind all these ?

Edited by kobolds

Well, now that she is apparently alienating and provoking the gubernatorial administration, who in the past have passively supported her stand by not speaking out against it, the likelihood she may face impeachment has just risen significantly.

As for the Pope involving himself in this drama - he is a head of state and should know better than to insert himself into the local or national interests of another State on anything other than humanitarian grounds. Obviously, the Vatican State is a theocracy so the Pope does not necessarily respect the separation between religion and State, but it is saddening to find out that, apparently, neither do many Americans who welcomed his ill-judged intervention.

• Like 1

if her plan is to turn herself and her family destitute over legal cases she is going to do a hell of a job.

• Like 1

if her plan is to turn herself and her family destitute over legal cases she is going to do a hell of a job.

The Republican Party will foot the bill, dontcha worry none.

• Like 1

As for the Pope involving himself in this drama - he is a head of state and should know better...............

that's assuming the Pope did involve himself and was not pulled into it by a bishop with an agenda............

"Two days after news of a Kim Davis-Pope Francis meeting renewed the U.S. fascination over what this pope stands for, the Vatican on Friday put out a statement that appeared to downgrade the visit’s significance, saying it should “not be considered a form of support” of the Kentucky clerk’s “position in all of its particular and complex aspects.”

"Church leaders in the United States and in Rome have been resolutely tight-lipped about the meeting, perhaps concerned about the prospect of appearing to publicly rebuke or challenge the pope, particularly on such a sensitive issue. At the same time, church-watchers have debated and swapped rumors about who set up the meeting, whether it was at the behest of the pope himself, or whether it was an idea pushed by other bishops or religious freedom advocates or donors."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2015/10/02/vatican-downplays-importance-of-pope-franciss-meeting-with-kim-davis/

BEST - Ron

• Like 2

Apparently, her brand of Christianity is opposed to Popes and Catholicism.

So not only is she using the Bible as an excuse for her turgid actions, now she's using someone in a role she is opposed to from another branch of Christianity she's also opposed to.

• Like 1

Well, now that she is apparently alienating and provoking the gubernatorial administration, who in the past have passively supported her stand by not speaking out against it, the likelihood she may face impeachment has just risen significantly.

As for the Pope involving himself in this drama - he is a head of state and should know better than to insert himself into the local or national interests of another State on anything other than humanitarian grounds. Obviously, the Vatican State is a theocracy so the Pope does not necessarily respect the separation between religion and State, but it is saddening to find out that, apparently, neither do many Americans who welcomed his ill-judged intervention.

At least he involved himself in a drama that his religion supports... anti-gay marriage.

He's also involved himself with the climate mafia. His religion should have nothing to say about science. The Catholic church has a history of excommunicating the wrong scientists.

• Like 1

They also have a history of producing or educating good scientists.

Galileo's imprisoning was partially his fault. He called tge pope an idiot in his work describing his theory.

His work wasnt better than what was known at the time, if he had not insulted the pooe, the guy responsible for his funding, he would have been better off.

And please don't take this as supporting this Pope or the Church, but facts are facts.

that's assuming the Pope did involve himself and was not pulled into it by a bishop with an agenda............

It would appear that the pope only extended an invitation to one person to meet him on his trip to the US - Yayo Grassi, a former student - and his boyfriend, Iwan.

• Like 2

So anyway, she met with the Pope. I do think the media and no doubt her lawyers were a little disengenuous when they said it was a "secret meeting". If it isn't open to the public, on earth, we call that a "visit" in the privacy of someone's home or whatever - but they want to call it secret, fine. The pope has specifically stated his visit should NOT be seen as an endorsement of her position, but he wouldn't say anymore. Kind of a strange way of saying he didn't NOT support her, but also not that he DID, but just that nobody should make any assumptions either way, and that's fair, if the wording is a bit awkward. Still, the takeaway is, the emphasis is that his visit didn't endorse her position, so take that for what you will.

• Like 1

So, even if the Pope did meet with her, I doubt either influenced the other. At best it would have been a fanatic ranting at a quiet old man. Then his return commentary which would probably not even be honestly listened to.

So, even if the Pope did meet with her, I doubt either influenced the other. At best it would have been a fanatic ranting at a quiet old man. Then his return commentary which would probably not even be honestly listened to.

As I saw it today the Papacy was not at all pleased with her claims and says the only exchanged greetings and the meeting was in no way to be taken as endorsement of her behavior "in its complexity." What it looks like is someone in the Pope's party or the Nuncia wanted to get her the publicity and slipped her in without the thing being properly looked at.
  • Like 1

Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò who setup the meeting

http://usuncut.com/news/pope-francis-expected-to-fire-archbishop-who-set-up-the-meeting-with-kim-davis/

there is no way an Archbishop will do arrange meeting (such a big favor) to a nobody like kim davis.

people that meet with pope will need go through background security check . kim davis only pop up 2 months ago , there is no way she will get clearance in such short time unless someone did a short cut for her.

i don't like it , the whole things tell us that there someone behind , but who ?