Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Germany open to 500,000 refugees a year

questionmark

BERLIN — A top German official said his country could take half a million refugees a year "for several years," even as some critics questioned Tuesday whether generous asylum policies serve to entice more migrants to make the dangerous trek for Western Europe.

“I believe we could surely deal with something in the order of half a million for several years,” Vice Chancellor Sigmar Gabriel told broadcaster ZDF late Monday night.

He spoke amid signs that the migrant flow — many from war-battered Iraq and Syria — is only escalating amid a humanitarian crisis that has sharply tested European cooperation and fundamental policies such as open borders.

Read more

Yes, I also read this today morning. It is unbelievable how foolish an elected govt. can be.

The reason why they opened the borders in the first place is certainly because the industry needs cheap workers.

Merkel does everything what the industry wants. This has nothing to do with humanity, only with business. Money, greed, worshipping the great Mammon. Some rich become richer...

The contribution of Germoney to end the war in Syria is about Zero!

Unbelievable how many Görmans are naive and manipulated. Germoney is a country which always seeks the extreme.

The consequences will be terrible. I soon expect social unrest by disappointed refugees and a growing Nazi movement.

• Like 3

Reported on the News yesterday. the EU as set mandatory quotas for EU members to take. - if any country refuses - the EU is going to fine them. 120,000 migrants to be shared out. - Yet the UN states 4million will arrive in Europe within 3 years. German minister as reported above. Vice Chancellor Sigmar Gabriel said Germany could cope with "at least 500,000 asylum seekers a year for several years".

- in the Next Breath Frau Merkel was Calling the European Commission's proposals "an important first step", Mrs Merkel added that the EU needed an open-ended "system to share out those with a right to asylum". Germany, which has waived EU rules to welcome thousands of Syrian migrants, expects more than 800,000 asylum seekers in 2015 alone.

I love the way EU rules have been waived, no vote, no nothing. Its about time the UK waived a few rules as well, like every single one impossed by the EU on us. - back to the migrants. Hungary, the Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia Poland and Romania are against the quota system.

The quota system, to be announced by Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker, would allocate 60% of migrants now in Italy, Greece and Hungary to Germany, France and Spain. - The numbers distributed to each country would depend on GDP, population, unemployment rate and asylum applications already processed, AFP news agency reports.

Countries refusing to take in migrants could face financial penalties.

Thankfully - The United Kingdom, Ireland and Denmark have opted out of this madness. the EU impossing fines on member countries if they dont comply. beyond belief.

Interesting to note, the BBC now at the bottom of their News pieces online, put an - admission that their use of the world migrant is the wrong terminology, the BBC should be using Illegal Migrant, but as people can see below, they've predetermined what the people are going to do. so they can use Migrant and ditch the illegal part to suit an agenda - its about time the BBC reported current news using the correct terminology to describe events as they happen.such as the March across europe of hundreds of thousands of illegal migrants.

A note on terminology: The BBC uses the term migrant to refer to all people on the move who have yet to complete the legal process of claiming asylum. This group includes people fleeing war-torn countries such as Syria, who are likely to be granted refugee status, as well as people who are seeking jobs and better lives, who governments are likely to rule are economic migrants.

• Like 3

Yes, I also read this today morning. It is unbelievable how foolish an elected govt. can be.

The reason why they opened the borders in the first place is certainly because the industry needs cheap workers.

Merkel does everything what the industry wants. This has nothing to do with humanity, only with business. Money, greed, worshipping the great Mammon. Some rich become richer...

The contribution of Germoney to end the war in Syria is about Zero!

Unbelievable how many Görmans are naive and manipulated. Germoney is a country which always seeks the extreme.

The consequences will be terrible. I soon expect social unrest by disappointed refugees and a growing Nazi movement.

Really ? These people will be absorbed by German industry ? Doing what ?

[...]

I love the way EU rules have been waived, no vote, no nothing. Its about time the UK waived a few rules as well, like every single one impossed by the EU on us. - back to the migrants. Hungary, the Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia Poland and Romania are against the quota system.

[...]

I still don't get it, how quota system will work without borders within EU. How you can keep immigrant, say, in Poland? Edited by bmk1245
  • Like 3

I still don't get it, how quota system will work without borders within EU. How you can keep immigrant, say, in Poland?

simply answer is you cannot. But its looks good if it looks like the migrants are being shared around, it will relieve political pressure in countries who are going to be overwhelmed by numbers. - You only have to look at the running battles in southern european countries when they try to stop the migrants.

On the point of stopping them. this footage - supposedly showing "migrants" on a train from Hungary to Germany. they were not happy with being held in Hungary so on the train they started shouting in reference to Hungary. if this the reaction to being delayed then, whats to come: (video needs verifying) (im taking the video with a pinch of salt, but worrying if its true, maybe someone can verify it on here)

Apparently the cheerleader is shouting

Oh Allah make their children orphans

Oh Allah make their wives life hard

Oh Allah grant victory to Islam and Muslims everywhere

Oh Allah help our weakened brothers in Palestine

Allah Akbar

Their is no god but Allah

The Zionists are the enemy of Allah

There is no god but Allah

The martyrs are beloved by Allah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpZuEmKwNjM

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 2

simply answer is you cannot. But its looks good if it looks like the migrants are being shared around, it will relieve political pressure in countries who are going to be overwhelmed by numbers. - You only have to look at the running battles in southern european countries when they try to stop the migrants.

On the point of stopping them. this footage - supposedly showing "migrants" on a train from Hungary to Germany. they were not happy with being held in Hungary so on the train they started shouting in reference to Hungary. if this the reaction to being delayed then, whats to come: (video needs verifying) (im taking the video with a pinch of salt, but worrying if its true, maybe someone can verify it on here)

Allah Akbar

Steve, you have outdone yourself.

Allah Akbar

I wonder how many terrorists are among these illegal migrants. If they are saying that then if you get enough are they going to try to force Islam down everyone throats. Will Europe see the same problems that are in the ME.

Looks like we may be taking some of them.

• Like 3

[...]

I see only two solutions: 1) barb wired fence around temporary refuge camps; 2) monthly payments as in Germany, UK, Norway, and other high income countries (I highly doubt majority of refugees would accept to work for 300-500 euros in, say, Baltic states, or Poland). In first case scenario, unrest and bloodbath in camps after awhile. In second case, clashes between locals and immigrants.

Steve, you have outdone yourself.

In all fairness, he did mentioned pinch of salt...
  • Like 4

I wonder how many terrorists are among these illegal migrants.

Exactly - how many are possibly under the guise of being illegal migrants - when they are infact terrorists.

The enormity of this influx of migrants transcending into Europe and beyond - is rather disturbing.

If ISIS want to take over parts of the world as they have threatened to do in the past.

Then what better way to infiltrate - by surreptitiously and gradually getting a foot hold into other countries ?

If they are saying that then if you get enough are they going to try to force Islam down everyone throats. Will Europe see the same problems that are in the ME.

Yes - more than likely.

It looks like Australia will be doing the same.
  • Like 2

And this, to me at least, seems the beginning of the end of the German culture or whatever it's called. And the rest of Europe will be next. I do not envy any of the European members of this forum at this time.

• Like 4

And this, to me at least, seems the beginning of the end of the German culture or whatever it's called. And the rest of Europe will be next. I do not envy any of the European members of this forum at this time.

Coming soon to a State near you...

Our PM here in Canada has already made Syrian refugees part of his platform. Problem is, as others have pointed out, these "asylum seekers" are not necessarily Assad's suffering locals. Most of them are middle class males, (some even spotted wearing designer clothing,) not the poor families the media flashes on TV.

Still not sure why the global push on is for Syrian refugees specifically. It's the timing of it all that strongly suggests this is a political move (imo). Setting up a no fly zone on Syria's border, closing in with US and Turkish forces, then exporting all but the poorest Syrians to first world countries.

Any predictions on what the next move will be?

• Like 2

Coming soon to a State near you...

Our PM here in Canada has already made Syrian refugees part of his platform. Problem is, as others have pointed out, these "asylum seekers" are not necessarily Assad's suffering locals. Most of them are middle class males, (some even spotted wearing designer clothing,) not the poor families the media flashes on TV.

Still not sure why the global push on is for Syrian refugees specifically. It's the timing of it all that strongly suggests this is a political move (imo). Setting up a no fly zone on Syria's border, closing in with US and Turkish forces, then exporting all but the poorest Syrians to first world countries.

Any predictions on what the next move will be?

I'd prefer to not predict, as this whole pile of garbage topic depresses me, and our own current government is stupid enough to do the same thing. Having this going on in Canada is just terrible, I hope you guys don't let it happen.

• Like 3

The reason why they opened the borders in the first place is certainly because the industry needs cheap workers.// Merkel

does everything what the industry wants.

Thats utter nonsense and you are wrong here because:

- The actual unemployment rate here is at 6,4% = 2,9M people

- The minimum wage is 8,50Euro/h since 01.01.2015

- Asylum-seekers are not allowed to work for 3 month after they entered German soil. After this period of time they are allowed

to work but free jobs have to be given first to: Germans, EU citizens, ppl from Switzerland or foreigners with residence permit.

This has nothing to do with humanity, only with business.

Maybe you are not aware about:

Basic Law for the Federal Republic of Germany

Article 16a

Persons persecuted on political grounds shall have the right of asylum.

Unbelievable how many Görmans are naive and manipulated.

Its is much more unbelievable how many Germans, like you, are not aware about the actual statistics and laws and the German

constitution but feel forced to comment issues that are direct related to these points.

The consequences will be terrible. I soon expect social unrest

by disappointed refugees and a growing Nazi movement.

Indirect you pointed it : the problem are not the refugees, the problem are the nazis. But to close the borders just to keep the nazis

quite, would be nazi in perfection, right?

• Like 4

Really ? These people will be absorbed by German industry ? Doing what ?

Well, this is how they sell this in the media. Of course they don't say 'cheap workers' but they talk about many 'good educated' people (contradicting to this I saw a report yesterday in which it was said that many of those migrants are illiterates).

There are still 3 mill registered unemployed in this country and because of this odd and complicated social system (I don't go into details) there are at least another 1 or 2 mill not registered unemployed.

But they are too expensive to hire or to give them additional education. They tried to get them into work by so called 'mini jobs' (only a few hours/week) or even '1 Euro jobs' (1,-€/hour!). Nobody wants to do this anymore and the industry refuses to provide enough regular normal paid jobs. These rules are also applied for other EU-citizens. But not for asylum-seekers and refugees and sooner or later they will find out that they have walked into a trap. And by the way, the German language is rather difficult to learn. Integration is rather unlikely.

• Like 1

Its is much more unbelievable how many Germans, like you, are not aware about the actual statistics and laws and the German

constitution but feel forced to comment issues that are direct related to these points.

Indirect you pointed it : the problem are not the refugees, the problem are the nazis. But to close the borders just to keep the nazis

quite, would be nazi in perfection, right?

Good for you if you are happy with this situation.

Closing the borders would not keep the nazis quite but it would limit their numbers. These politics of open borders is the best what they could hope for!

But in other words, all European countries and (when you read the concerns of many people in this forum), the whole world seems to be wrong on this. But the wonderful, peaceful, hospitable Nation of Germany (which has 'learnt from it's history') are the only ones who understands and does the right thing. Congratulations!

• Like 1

[...]

- Asylum-seekers are not allowed to work for 3 month after they entered German soil. After this period of time they are allowed

to work but free jobs have to be given first to: Germans, EU citizens, ppl from Switzerland or foreigners with residence permit.

[...]

OK, asylum seeker flees Poland/Baltics/Czechs ("why do I have to work for penny here") and heads towards Germany. Whats next? He seeks for work in Germany, and finds one illegally. Should he be detained? And if yes, for how long? Whats next? Should he be sent back to Poland/Baltics/Czechs? Again, whats next, if he decides to head back to Germany again? Detain again and deport? Where to? He has no passport, and he says he is 16 (while in fact he is 20), i.e. minor. Whats next?...

I can go on with many possible routes "quota" immigrants will end up in west EU. And, yeah, I'm cool as cucumber about that problem in my country - majority of illegals (and legals) will end up in Germany, UK, and other wealthy countries, just the moment they receive asylum...

• Like 2

I wonder how many terrorists are among these illegal migrants. If they are saying that then if you get enough are they going to try to force Islam down everyone throats. Will Europe see the same problems that are in the ME.

This is another good point.

I wouldn't call them terrorists as long as they don't plan and carry out any terror plots.

But I think it is fair to estimate at least 5% radical 'believers'. And if Germany allows 800,000 only for this year it means 40,000 radicals.

I am afraid they not only need 20,000 additional teachers (to teach the language) but also 100,000 additional policemen to cope with this.

Today some newspapers report about salafists who already showed up near those refugee camps warning them to not adopt the western life-style...

• Like 2

Good for you if you are happy with this situation.

There is an issue with yr reading comprehension. I didnt expressed my feelings about the situation. I provided some facts

to refute yr pub propaganda gibberish.

Closing the borders would not keep the nazis quite but it would limit their numbers. These politics of open borders is the best

what they could hope for!

If you are in the opinion that we have to close our borders for the reason to limit the number of nazis in Germany, you request

for an amendment of the German constitution. If you are in the opinion that this required, you accept to got influenced, and

manipulated as well, by nazi politics.

• Like 2

OK, asylum seeker flees Poland/Baltics/Czechs ("why do I have to work for penny here") and heads towards Germany.

People from Poland/Baltics/Czech are EU citizens and so are not subject to asylum procedures in Germany. As my inital post

was related to asylum seekers, I do not see a base to answer to your full post.

• Like 1

People from Poland/Baltics/Czech are EU citizens and so are not subject to asylum procedures in Germany. As my inital post

was related to asylum seekers, I do not see a base to answer to your full post.

OK, bit of misunderstanding here. Let me clarify: Syrian (or whatever country, that isn't EU, they come from) asylum seekers placed under quota system in Poland/Baltics/Czech. How you keep them in Poland/Baltics/Czech? In the same way as immigrants from Vietnam/Georgia/China/Chechnia/etc (keep them, take care of them, process identity/status, send them home if not eligible)? If the latter, that should have been done in the first country they've entered EU.

Now, again, just to make sure you understand what I'm trying to say: how you keep asylum seekers (from Syria, Afghanistan, etc) in the countries they have been assigned to, mind you, under quota system? I'm asking just for one realistic idea, just one.

• Like 1

This is another good point.

I wouldn't call them terrorists as long as they don't plan and carry out any terror plots.

But I think it is fair to estimate at least 5% radical 'believers'. And if Germany allows 800,000 only for this year it means 40,000 radicals.

I am afraid they not only need 20,000 additional teachers (to teach the language) but also 100,000 additional policemen to cope with this.

Today some newspapers report about salafists who already showed up near those refugee camps warning them to not adopt the western life-style...

I'm sure not all are terrorists, many are probably actually good people but the expense of taking care of them if they never assimlate into society or learn the German language is going to be big. Then their beliefs as a Muslim, how is that coexisting with European life now. If not well then that will become worse too.

We have a Muslim here suing an airline because she was fired for not doing her job. Her job required her to sever alcohol but she said it was against her religion. Like she didn't know that being a flight attendent would require that. You will get much more of that. Of course we also get Christians that think their religious beliefs should trump others rights.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/09/05/travel/muslim-flight-attendant-feat/index.html

OK, bit of misunderstanding here. Let me clarify: Syrian (or whatever country, that isn't EU, they come from) asylum seekers placed under quota system in Poland/Baltics/Czech. How you keep them in Poland/Baltics/Czech? In the same way as immigrants from Vietnam/Georgia/China/Chechnia/etc (keep them, take care of them, process identity/status, send them home if not eligible)? If the latter, that should have been done in the first country they've entered EU.

Now, again, just to make sure you understand what I'm trying to say: how you keep asylum seekers (from Syria, Afghanistan, etc) in the countries they have been assigned to, mind you, under quota system? I'm asking just for one realistic idea, just one.

The only way I can think of is chip them in a place that it can't be removed and have sensors along the border, or maybe done by satellite, so if they cross it someone is notified then use GPS to find them. Probably would be expensive. Bet they would also start screaming about their rights.

The only way I can think of is chip them in a place that it can't be removed and have sensors along the border, or maybe done by satellite, so if they cross it someone is notified then use GPS to find them. Probably would be expensive. Bet they would also start screaming about their rights.

And rightfully so. The rights in the EU are for everyone.

• Like 2