Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Germany open to 500,000 refugees a year

questionmark

It's not compassionate crap. Most of these people need help. You know, when the Axis defeated Nazi Germany, they could have shut the entire country down. Instead, they chose being Compassionate and give us Germans a chance, and we built on that and returned their trust. Now we will give these people a chance. That is always a risk, yes, but the right thing to do.

I have no problems with mosques. Why would I? I don't have a problem with any kind of religious temple, as long as they follow the law.

Of course there should be stringent background checks. We will do that.

People forget easy how misrey feels like ones their tubbies are full. Anyone remember the fleeing Hungariens during soviet rule? Fleeing to Yugoslavia? Back than we were good enough but now they are building walls to the same countries that took them in when it counted. What about the wandering poor and homeles Germans after the War? Help came from many countries whose people were killed by the same Germans.

What about all the ex east states? As soon as they were able to they left poland, lithuanua, slowakei etc.and MIGRATED to Germany or UK. And now the same people who took jobs away from Germans and English are now the loudest against migration.

That said, all prais to the vast majority of Germans and Germany. They showed again their big heart.

As for the proposed 200 mosques, well, just say no but let the king dushe know that cash would be welcome to ofset the material burden on Germany.

• Like 3

People forget easy how misrey feels like ones their tubbies are full. Anyone remember the fleeing Hungariens during soviet rule? Fleeing to Yugoslavia? Back than we were good enough but now they are building walls to the same countries that took them in when it counted. What about the wandering poor and homeles Germans after the War? Help came from many countries whose people were killed by the same Germans.

[...]

How long Germans have to pay for wrongdoings? Maybe we should ask them to apologize (and pay) for extermination/assimilation of Prussians?

[...]

What about all the ex east states? As soon as they were able to they left poland, lithuanua, slowakei etc.and MIGRATED to Germany or UK. And now the same people who took jobs away from Germans and English are now the loudest against migration.

[...]

As far as I know, wave(s) of East Europeans, entering West EU, was legal. Sure, the were illegals before that, but they've been dealt accordingly, i.e. sent home.

[...]

As for the proposed 200 mosques, well, just say no but let the king dushe know that cash would be welcome to ofset the material burden on Germany.

Build it, and then change purpose of those buildings: Refugee Shelter 200, where asylum seekers will have roof over their heads, proper food, hygiene, and health care...

How long Germans have to pay for wrongdoings? Maybe we should ask them to apologize (and pay) for extermination/assimilation of Prussians?

My friend, it is obvious that you have a prolem of interprating some posts. I admit that my grammatic skills are not at the highest level but i am sure it is very clear what the writer aka odas wanted to say.

• Like 3

That said, all prais to the vast majority of Germans and Germany. They showed again their big heart.

STEPHEN GLOVER: Before Germany lectures us about refugees, perhaps it should reflect on its own past

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 3

My friend, it is obvious that you have a prolem of interprating some posts. I admit that my grammatic skills are not at the highest level but i am sure it is very clear what the writer aka odas wanted to say.

Yeah, Chukchi ain't reader, Chukchi is writer... Sorry for that bit from old anecdote.

I understand what you are trying to say, but... What happened when Hungary tried to place asylum seekers in refuge center near Bicske?

Could you exaggerate what I said a bit more? I don't think so.

No. I already exaggerated as much as I could and hope you understand the irony.

Actually I don't have any serious prejudices against people in North-Germany.

Edited by Katzenking

http://www.nytimes.c...risis.html?_r=0

VIENNA — Germany announced on Sunday that it was invoking emergency powers to start protecting its borders, seemingly reaching a point of overload after greeting with open arms tens of thousands of migrants pouring into Europe, and urging other European nations to do the same.

Interior Minister Thomas de Maizière announced the decision to impose temporary controls on Germany’s southern border with Austria, after thousands of migrants have crossed over in recent weeks.

Looks like Germany is rethinking what they've agreed to. Not just letting people in like a river over a dam, but going to try to manage them coming in.

https://ca.news.yaho...-120956802.html

BERLIN/MUNICH (Reuters) - German Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere said refugees streaming into Europe should not be able to choose where to settle, as authorities said thousands more were on the move across the continent on Sunday.

In an interview with German newspaper Der Tagesspiegel, de Maiziere said refugees given protection in Europe should accept that they will be distributed across the bloc.

"We can't allow refugees to freely choose where they want to stay - that's not the case anywhere in the world," he said.

"It also can't be our duty to pay benefits laid out in German law to refugees who have been allocated to one EU country and then come to Germany anyway," he added.

Tensions are rising in Germany, where states have complained about the growing burden of coping with Europe's worst refugee crisis in decades.

German EU Commissioner Guenter Oettinger told newspaper Welt am Sonntag that Germany should reduce benefits for asylum seekers to reduce the numbers coming across its borders.

"Payments to asylum seekers in Germany need to be adjusted so that there is a certain rapprochement to the payments in other EU countries," he said.

Since Aug. 31 around 63,000 refugees have arrived in Munich and Hillenbrand said the city could not continue taking in such numbers. Around 1,400 refugees arrived on Sunday morning.

"It's not feasible for us to take in the equivalent of a small town's population every day. It's simply not doable logistically anymore," he said.

Looks like the German tolerance is being strained, and only a couple weeks after these migrants started showing up in large numbers.

More on the migrant issue...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3232744/We-t-German-authorities-call-urgent-action-migrant-crisis-locals-say-Munich-brink-humanitarian-disaster.html

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

If you talk Germany: everybody is registered, absolutely everybody. Unless on the run.

From what I've read tens of thousands have shown up in Munich and haven't been registered, but continue to get on trains and move about Germany and Western Europe.

See my previous post above. Germany can't get a handle on all these people moving so quickly and so is planning to impose border controls. At least until they get everyone sorted out and organized.

One article I read said that the German government is now putting up constant reminders for the refugees to report in and register. Which tells me that they didn't have any system set up, or if they did, the migrants simply ignored it and just immediately started setting up shop, looking for work and housing.

Though I guess, that if they want their dole, they'll need to register, so maybe that will be enough incentive? Perhaps most of them don't even know they can get a refugee stipend.

That is utter nonsens. Some were complaining but not everyone. The same people complained about the italians the yugos the spanish an so on.

The turks are well intergrated in Germany. I remember the early seventies when others made fun of them the way they dressed but now no one can make fun of the beautifull and smart turkish women. They are in politics, in health care, in education...

Well you can certainly express your opinion, but I posted articles and you posted an opinion. Many of Turkish decent feel regular bias in all their daily activities in Germany.

There are Arabs in Israeli politics, education and health care, but that doesn't mean they aren't treated badly as a people.

East west traditions and lifestyle will merge as they always do. Most turkish ladies do not wear the headscarf but even those who do enjoy the western lifestyle. Acceptance is the key word here not tolerrance.

As for the extremists well they will lose as usual.

The Turkish woman not wearing the scarf isn't tolerance/acceptance on the part of the Europeans, it is assimilation on the part of the Turks. Which I highly recommend. When a society has multiple cultures involved the minority cultures will always feel pressure, and this can result in extremism from the minority cultures. It can also result in marginalization of the minority culture. Which is why assimilation should be preferable, in my opinion. If a Turk speaks, acts, works.... etc... as a German, they're a lot less likely to be a target of intolerance. Justification as to why that is preferable is because They went There. The Turks came to Germany. Thus they should assimilate to the Germans.

Why do you mention it so often that they have no documents? When they apply for asylum, they will be documented and given proper documents. And they will also receive money. Because life costs money. There is enough you can sanction.

Seriously, you don't seem to know much about the process of immigration and asylum seeking. On what grounds? Violation of their mandatory residence.

And yes, it takes a few months. so what?

Flombie I think maybe you miss the central fear here. The idea that people in the West simply do not want to help refugees - or even economic migrants - is incorrect. There is a very real concern, borne out by history, that these Muslim immigrants will cluster into communities and isolate rather than assimilate. They will be a burden indefinitely because they will not attempt to learn either the language, customs or culture and eventually they will become dissatisfied, angry and probably violent toward the citizens of the host countries. It has already happened in France, The Netherlands and Britain, among others. It isn't about hatred toward other human beings in need. Would you invite strangers into your home, feed, clothe and educate them if they refused to ever attempt to become your friends? If they eventually told you that you and your family must believe as they do?
  • Like 3

I think Germany should count up the refugees (200,000?), multiply that by what it will cost to house, feed and otherwise take care of one of them for a year ($30,000/25.000?), and then send an Accounts Payable Bill ($6,000,000,000) to Assad. Surely he has 6 billion more or less sitting around.....

• Like 2

STEPHEN GLOVER: Before Germany lectures us about refugees, perhaps it should reflect on its own past

Great article, Germany has nothing to brag about. If this article is correct its Germany's turn to take them in. Although I bet Merkel won't be enjoying a politcal career after the first Charlie Hebdo takes place.

• Like 1

I think Germany should count up the refugees (200,000?), multiply that by what it will cost to house, feed and otherwise take care of one of them for a year ($30,000/25.000?), and then send an Accounts Payable Bill ($6,000,000,000) to Assad. Surely he has 6 billion more or less sitting around.....

Bet there will be more than a million before its over with. I also think your estimates of cost are a little low.

We spend around 350 billion a year on them here.

Edited by Ashotep

Bet there will be more than a million before its over with. I also think your estimates of cost are a little low.

We spend around 350 billion a year on them here.

I would be just the first bill sent to Syria of many, many such bills. smileys-money-702364.gif

What surprises me is how some news organizations try to guilt trip the U.S. over not taking in enough M.E. migrants. It's not like we don't already have between 10-20 million illegals from poorer and/or more dangerous countries already...

• Like 5

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz3lWjn7KqK

Well Germany can criticize other countries all they like for not taking in as many refugees as they recently did.

However - even though Germany's intentions were good at the time by welcoming in this landslide of refugees.

It's seems their decision has come back to bite them in their proverbials - by taking in too many at once ?

Unfortunately - they have bitten off more than they can chew - and things are bound to get a lot worse than better.

Edited by Astra-
  • Like 2

What surprises me is how some news organizations try to guilt trip the U.S. over not taking in enough M.E. migrants. It's not like we don't already have between 10-20 million illegals from poorer and/or more dangerous countries already...

I have a feeling we will take in much more than the 10 thousand. Which is stupid, we are already overloaded with illegals and refugees to the point we are being attacked and our welfare system is getting loaded down.

The current Syrian refugee crisis has displaced half of the people in the country. The U.S. has pledged to take in at least 10,000 refugees, though some U.S. senators have pressed the Obama administration to up the number to 65,000. Seventy-two House Democrats wrote a letter to President Barack Obama last week calling for the U.S. to take in 100,000 Syrians next fiscal year, along with 100,000 other refugees.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ben-carson-syrian-refugees_55f58a25e4b063ecbfa4a553

• Like 1

Make it compulsory for Germany business to have at least one migrant has a worker, free school for their kids, pay them 1.5 times more than German labor ,free WiFi for them and free German classes by volunteers . This should all be first enforced by government on people who supported the immigration.

• Like 4

I'm not sure if the people of Europe really are okay with all these refugees or the government just wants everyone to think they are.

Maybe they are just talking about immigrants and not refugees in these maps but I doubt it.

http://www.rferl.org/contentinfographics/data-visualization-eu-migrants/27237198.html

Make it compulsory for Germany business to have at least one migrant has a worker, free school for their kids, pay them 1.5 times more than German labor ,free WiFi for them and free German classes by volunteers . This should all be first enforced by government on people who supported the immigration.

It should also be compulsory for the "new Germans" to learn the language, embrace German culture and leave their prejudices, politics and religious excesses at the door.

• Like 4

It should also be compulsory for the "new Germans" to learn the language, embrace German culture and leave their prejudices, politics and religious excesses at the door.

If you go to live in someone else's house, you have to live by that person's rules. That is just common courtesy.

• Like 2

Bit from Germany (don't know if translation is accurate)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnE3cFEehxg

"You cannot say any longer "this is my property", and not anyone's business", "Forcibly seizing apartments for refugees"...

Whats next? If you have apartment larger than 6 square meters per person, you have to take refugee(s)?

"You cannot say any longer "this is my property", and not anyone's business", "Forcibly seizing apartments for refugees"...

Whats next? If you have apartment larger than 6 square meters per person, you have to take refugee(s)?

Being forced to house foreigners is part of why the US revolted against British rule.

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnE3cFEehxg

Not just property - soon they wont be able to say " This is my country"....

Nothing would surprise me....as things are obviously becoming more desperate.

All due to the red carpet treatment - and the very warm and hospitable welcome from the German people.

Lets face it - it was basically a free for all at one point - you can only put enough jelly beans into one jar.

Edited by Astra-